Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta convert to 64kb/sec mp3 then go listen to it via the tapedeck in the HQ
* I wish I had a tape deck. You know how much HQ tape decks go for? Literally more than I paid for the car. Hens teeth. If I had one I could leverage it with the bank and use it to sack Hinkley.

Just good old AM band radio for me. Or a Bluetooth speaker under the dash.

By the way, I don't think MP3 go that low. It had to be wma.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Why does he have to get off his arse to listen to an interview?

there could be any number of reasons ;)

dhccw.jpg

* I wish I had a tape deck. You know how much HQ tape decks go for? Literally more than I paid for the car. Hens teeth. If I had one I could leverage it with the bank and use it to sack Hinkley.

Just good old AM band radio for me. Or a Bluetooth speaker under the dash.

By the way, I don't think MP3 go that low. It had to be wma.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
A bloke I used to know imported an early 1970's Pontiac in the mid 90's that had an 8 track tape deck in it, probably worthless here but they still may have some `historical' value in the states.

I drove it once, it had been a well maintained car which had still been in regular use just before importation to Aust, but my enduring memory was how absolutely dreadful the brakes were for a heavy car with a 400 cubic inch motor putting out over 350 bhp, put simply any attempt to exploit the performance could have ended very badly.

From memory disc brake upgrades were available in this country, but he lost interest in the car and only kept it for a few months.

Disc brakes were hardly new technology though as they had been fitted to a number of UK and European cars since the mid 1950's, so well before the Pontiac was built.

Apparently its all round drum brake set up was nailed by most of the yank car testers of the time as completely inadequate for a performance car, but I believe they never changed from the standard drum set up as used on the most basic vehicles in their range at the time.

Timmy G really didn't want to comment on the final Tredders push by Denis.

Timmy just wants to please everyone. Pretty sure his wife is friends with Aber's wife as well. But Timmy behind the scenes has been advocating for Warren throughout this process. I'm led to believe he may have even spoken to Aber about withdrawing from any nomination process (because Warren was running) prior to Aber going public and formalising his nomination.

Is it wrong to think it's more of a statement for Tredrea to absolutely dominate the vote as opposed to running unopposed (e.g. if Abernethy didn't nominate and Nagle still withdrew) and winning by default?

Is it wrong to think it's more of a statement for Tredrea to absolutely dominate the vote as opposed to running unopposed (e.g. if Abernethy didn't nominate and Nagle still withdrew) and winning by default?
Would have been better if Aber came out say Monday and said something like "Our polling indicates that Warren Tredrea is going to win this election in a landslide. So on that basis I am withdrawing from the race. Port members, in great numbers, are clearly voting for change, and the see Warren as the conduit for this. I wish Warren all best in his endeavours to facilitate change and bring back the true, Ruthless Premiership winning Port Adelaide that we all grew up following."

Then I woke up.

If Tredrea wins then yes the smart decision would have been for him to run unopposed. But Koch etc are oblivious to the white noise. They truly believe the white noise is an extremely small portion of the fan base, and they think there's a reasonable chance Aber can win.

At the same time, high level executives at Port have resigned themselves to believing Tredrea will be on the Board - and they were telling people this even before the official voting opened a week and a half ago.

Timmy G really didn't want to comment on the final Tredders push by Denis.
Whatever his personal opinion is, it probably wouldn't look very professional for one of the shows comperes to show a preference for one candidate over the other. I can imagine the response here if he came out in favour of Abernethy over Warren.

Whatever his personal opinion is, it probably wouldn't look very professional for one of the shows comperes to show a preference for one candidate over the other. I can imagine the response here if he came out in favour of Abernethy over Warren.

Why wouldn't it? One can suggest that it looks awfully odd if Timmy doesn't want to endorse his own work colleague.

I know he supports Warren behind the scenes but I'm disappointed and bemused he hasn't said on radio something along the lines of "both candidates are great but I think it's essential for a fresh set of eyes and hence I've voted Warren."

Why wouldn't it? One can suggest that it looks awfully odd if Timmy doesn't want to endorse his own work colleague.

I know he supports Warren behind the scenes but I'm disappointed and bemused he hasn't said on radio something along the lines of "both candidates are great but I think it's essential for a fresh set of eyes and hence I've voted Warren."
Nah. Ginever also works for the club. Shouldn't be endorsing anyone any more than Ryan Burton should have a few days ago.

Nah. Ginever also works for the club. Shouldn't be endorsing anyone any more than Ryan Burton should have a few days ago.
.TIm hasnt been a paid employee of the club for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why this thread is still active. I do not see Port going back to China anytime soon.
There are none so blind …

We are already ‘back to China’. At a large trade exhibition a couple of months ago in Shanghai two of PAFC’s commerciial team signed up UnionPay which is China’s equivalent to Visa and MC. It was reported on BF.

We go ‘back to China’ via Sydney with every MG that is sold.

This thread was bumped last week because of the content of a certain radio interview on 5AA last Thursday.

The early posts in the bump and the recording of the interview - posted by REH for the benefit, comfort, and edification of those such as yourself - will ensure you are ‘not sure’ no longer.

There are none so blind …

We are already ‘back to China’. At a large trade exhibition a couple of months ago in Shanghai two of PAFC’s commerciial team signed up UnionPay which is China’s equivalent to Visa and MC. It was reported on BF.

We go ‘back to China’ via Sydney with every MG that is sold.

This thread was bumped last week because of the content of a certain radio interview on 5AA last Thursday.

The early posts in the bump and the recording of the interview - posted by REH for the benefit, comfort, and edification of those such as yourself - will ensure you are ‘not sure’ no longer.

I guess it is hard not to be indebted to the Chinese as they have a finger in so many pies. I do not listen to 5AA these days but I will have a listen to the link in REH's post.

Surprised.

So he must give newbies a history of Ports when asked?
He probably does it for a small fee if he is still doing it, but that doesnt make him an employee.

Rowe probably would accuse him of doing another cashie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back