Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford implied Port are doing all the heavy lifting for the "lightweights".

His implication was obvious. Port has a history of laying the foundations for future gains (being one of two existing foundation members of the SANFL, the AFL coming to SA in the first place, sublicence emancipation, Adelaide Oval, the SANFL reserves setup, China), ie. doing the heavy lifting.

Looks like the facts speak for themselves;

No?

if Crows are such lightweights why do Port require an extra $2.5m per year in handouts?!

That wasn't related to the inference, besides which, they're not 'handouts'.

All 18 members of the AFL receive distribution of group revenues generated depending on their yearly circumstances.

I post some facts and you attack the man. Which part of the facts I posted worries you the most?

You posted something about having less payments from Afl HQ and yet you guys posted a loss the last two years.

Sounds like mismanagement of finances, Fages modus operandi.

Good luck with your new sponsorship.

Ford implied Port are doing all the heavy lifting for the "lightweights". Looks like the facts speak for themselves; if Crows are such lightweights why do Port require an extra $2.5m per year in handouts?!
As tribey posted above, they are not handouts. You have just highlighted that you don't understand the AFL equalisation fund. As per my previous post, stop embarrassing yourself.

PORTS ARE THE ONLY AFL CLUB WHO'VE EVER RECEIEVED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE

It's one of the more bizarre conflations I've seen.

If the Google boys fall upon hard financial times, did they even create Google?

It's one of the more bizarre conflations I've seen.

If the Google boys fall upon hard financial times, did they even create Google?

Among the many things they collectively imagine, like tarps returning, SANFL integrity, 70/30 divide, that they don't have any feral supporters and that Dangerfield was ever going to finish his career there

As tribey posted above, they are not handouts. You have just highlighted that you don't understand the AFL equalisation fund. As per my previous post, stop embarrassing yourself.
Just because you don't like the name "handouts" doesn't make them anything other than 'handouts'. You received $2.7m more than the Crows and yet you are the 'heavyweights'. Whatever pumps your tires up I suppose!

Just because you don't like the name "handouts" doesn't make them anything other than 'handouts'. You received $2.7m more than the Crows and yet you are the 'heavyweights'. Whatever pumps your tires up I suppose!

Going with the 'hands on ears yelling I'm not listening' approach I see.

You posted something about having less payments from Afl HQ and yet you guys posted a loss the last two years.

Sounds like mismanagement of finances, Fages modus operandi.

Good luck with your new sponsorship.
Kerry Packer once said if you aren't actively trying to minimise your taxes you need your head read. Surely Kochie would know that?

Maintenance of training facilities paid for by the SNAFL with money that should be going to grass roots football, now that's a handout.

$300K from the NT government to fund a "Pride of South Australia" AFLW team, now that's a handout.

Payments by the AFL to clubs to compensate for commercial inequities resulting from the draw and scheduling, not a handout.

My boat is floating just fine.

Maintenance of training facilities paid for by the SNAFL with money that should be going to grass roots football, now that's a handout.

$300K from the NT government to fund a "Pride of South Australia" AFLW team, now that's a handout.

Payments by the AFL to clubs to compensate for commercial inequities resulting from the draw and scheduling, not a handout.
Again, you calling the additional $2.7 "not a handout" doesn't make it "not a handout".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, you calling the additional $2.7 "not a handout" doesn't make it "not a handout".
Just as you calling a distribution from the AFL a "handout" doesn't make it a "handout". But then, being a Crows follower, you'd be use to a "loss" being called a "profit" thereby making it so. :rolleyes:

Just curious does free rent for 27 years count as a handout?

Just because you don't like the name "handouts" doesn't make them anything other than 'handouts'.

A "handout" was when we received $3,000,000pa and the Crows received $1,000,000pa in the three years leading up to the Adelaide Oval move.

Describing the annual distribution of group revenues, that the 18 AFL members generate and are entitled to as a collective, as "handouts" is erroneous.

You received $2.7m more than the Crows and yet you are the 'heavyweights'. Whatever pumps your tires up I suppose!

You're concocting a narrative that bears no relation to what Ford originally said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back