Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are playing a game for premiership points in China.
Meanwhile at Glenelg, Nick Chigwidden struggles to find enough cash to get Chinese take-away for the next board meeting.

#realfooty

#grassrootsfooty

Chigwidden purchased our families old house on the esplanade. He knocked it down and built a modern mansion. All this while his club dies in the ass.

Classic SANFL parasitic relationship.

Anyone who thinks that Mr Gui is just doing this for other reasons should have heard him speak about this. Spoke with passion about this "great game".

AFL in China: Thousands of fans in Shanghai ahead of Suns-Power clash
13 MAY 2017 - 2:53 PM UPDATED YESTERDAY 8:25 PM
[VIDEO]
  • Australian AFL fans have descended on Shanghai ahead of the clash between Port Adelaide Power and the Gold Coast Suns, with the stadium's 10,000 seats sold out.
“I didn’t want to miss this historic occasion. It’s the first time ever,” said Kylie Vogt, who arrived in Shanghai on Thursday from Adelaide.
“We spent a whole day sight-seeing, it’s great. I’d love to come next year if it’s held again, maybe with my three children who are also passionate Port fans.”
The match, to be held in Shanghai’s Jiangwan stadium, is spearheaded by Port Adelaide Power and the result of a two-year China push.

“To grow our club we need to think differently, we need to think outside the square,” said club president David Koch.

Port has so far attracted $4 million and 12 new partners to the club. These include Chinese property developer Shanghai CRED, which recently purchased the Kidman cattle properties in partnership with mining magnate Gina Rinehart.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...housands-fans-shanghai-ahead-suns-power-clash

Someone emailed this to AA this morning and of course they read it out. Imagine Cornes Wildy and Dillon in a studio together. Red yellow and blue wankfest.

There was a $6,000,000 disparity granted, but why is the Crows' handout in the three years leading up to Adelaide Oval never mentioned?

It has already been posted in the Burgess thread too :)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-05-13/port-signs-mou-with-three-research-institutions
Port signs MOU with UniSA and two Chinese sports science institutions

PORT ADELAIDE has signed a memorandum of understanding with the University of South Australia and two sports science institutions in China.

The strategic collaboration agreement between Port Adelaide, UniSA, Shandong Sports University and the Shandong Research Centre of Sports Science will open up opportunities to develop world-leading sports science research for all parties through collaborations in teaching, research, education, experiential learning and placement opportunities.

Last edited:
AFL in China: Thousands of fans in Shanghai ahead of Suns-Power clash
13 MAY 2017 - 2:53 PM UPDATED YESTERDAY 8:25 PM
[VIDEO]
  • Australian AFL fans have descended on Shanghai ahead of the clash between Port Adelaide Power and the Gold Coast Suns, with the stadium's 10,000 seats sold out.
“I didn’t want to miss this historic occasion. It’s the first time ever,” said Kylie Vogt, who arrived in Shanghai on Thursday from Adelaide.
“We spent a whole day sight-seeing, it’s great. I’d love to come next year if it’s held again, maybe with my three children who are also passionate Port fans.”
The match, to be held in Shanghai’s Jiangwan stadium, is spearheaded by Port Adelaide Power and the result of a two-year China push.

“To grow our club we need to think differently, we need to think outside the square,” said club president David Koch.

Port has so far attracted $4 million and 12 new partners to the club. These include Chinese property developer Shanghai CRED, which recently purchased the Kidman cattle properties in partnership with mining magnate Gina Rinehart.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...housands-fans-shanghai-ahead-suns-power-clash

Haha, love that innocent comment from the lady at the end "it's really arousing to see really fit guys".

There was a $6,000,000 disparity granted, but why is the Crows' handout in the three years leading up to Adelaide Oval never mentioned?

Same reason the money they leached out of us then returned a small portion of as a 'handout' - as confirmed by their own independent forensic accountant who they then fired faster than an FBI Director - is never mentioned.

Because the crows make rainbows and unicorns and Port Adelaide kills puppies. Dintcha know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Chairman just said they want this to be the first of many games played here.
I've read somewhere that Port want to increase the ground capacity to 30,000. The club must be confident it achieve that number.

That won't come cheap. You'd only spend the $ if the AFL gave a commitment to schedule a lot more games in China, and looks like we've got that.

There's something just not quite right about the "gold coast plays in china's flag colours so therefor chinese will support them" mantra the critics seem to be spewing but by that logic every Australian must follow the bulldogs because they have the Australian colours.

There's something just not quite right about the "gold coast plays in china's flag colours so therefor chinese will support them" mantra the critics seem to be spewing but by that logic every Australian must follow the bulldogs because they have the Australian colours.
Works for souf auatralians. Ever met the crers and their supporters?

Slap on the colours, a crummy slogan and bang you have yourself a herd of sheep to cash in on.

Last edited:
**** you and paywall.

Whatdoesit*******sayfrodo?

The search term might help now. I can't get to it online myself either but have read a hard copy. Maybe OneGreatClub can help ;)

Basically it is a very sarcastic attack on all those criticising Port's China Strategy.

Every para is a gem. Hard to choose one or two. Dwayne let's loose at everyone who criticises.

The search term might help now.

Basically it is a very sarcastic attack on all those criticising Port's China Strategy.

Every para is a gem. Hard to choose one or two. Dwayne let's loose at everyone who criticises.

I was saying to PREDAT0R and RussellEbertHandball and Port Woolwich last night, anyone from south Australia that can't see the benefits in what we are doing over here is ****ing stupid a crows supporter or (logically) both.

Talk about sore shoulders from all the heavy lifting......

I was saying to PREDAT0R and RussellEbertHandball and Port Woolwich last night, anyone from south Australia that can't see the benefits in what we are doing over here is ****ing stupid a crows supporter or (logically) both.

Talk about sore shoulders from all the heavy lifting......
Im surprised you can remember last night. Do you remember stacking some Chinese person's pushbike over a massive row of planter boxea and nearly dying? Your brother and yourself lost some claret, lol.

Im surprised you can remember last night. Do you remember stacking some Chinese person's pushbike over a massive row of planter boxea and nearly dying? Your brother and yourself lost some claret, lol.

Those planter boxes started it.

I do have sore knees and shoulders and arms and head.

Injuries consistent with a motor vehicle accident I'm told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back