Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"When are Port Power going to pay back the SANFL!?"

Someone emailed this to AA this morning and of course they read it out. Imagine Cornes Wildy and Dillon in a studio together. Red yellow and blue wankfest.

View attachment 369868

Rucci in today's The Advertiser;

"The “lightbulb” moment is at the Hong Kong Football Club in 2013 when devoted Port Adelaide fan and company director Denis Way, who had moved to Hong Kong in the 1970s, highlighted opportunities in China."

View attachment 369869

Denis Way is a legend and I hope all you BigFooty posters in Shanghai for tomorrow's game track him down and buy him a beer or three. Make sure it happens Lockhart Road. ;)
I tracked him down last night and bought him plenty of free Tsingtao.

'Grow the pie Port!'

2fd1e4dd527643c792fb78a5365f5aae

b6ce9c03bea5b4945a18a694ea2cc6c1

View attachment 369868

Rucci in today's The Advertiser;

"The “lightbulb” moment is at the Hong Kong Football Club in 2013 when devoted Port Adelaide fan and company director Denis Way, who had moved to Hong Kong in the 1970s, highlighted opportunities in China."

View attachment 369869

Denis Way is a legend and I hope all you BigFooty posters in Shanghai for tomorrow's game track him down and buy him a beer or three. Make sure it happens Lockhart Road. ;)

Joke?

I thought Denis Way was Lockhart Road.

Amidst all the lies, innuendo, misinformation, and general negative rubbish published about Port's China push, the real story is starting to emerge. It is amazing, simply stunning, with unbelievable potential! The Crows (and the big Vic clubs) will be sweating bricks! And all the rubbish media about smog, sandstorms, jumpers, and sideshows, etc., are all the actions of the typical Adelaide, Crows-centric, media in panic stations ... they have resorted to their decades-long tactic of deflect, deflect, deflect! It wont work this time!

Today's Weekend Australian & AFR articels on Port are "genuine" media articles by neutral journalists regarding what is turning out to be a 'disruption" event in AFL circles. All started & run by li'l ol' Port Adelaide! Port's revival started in small little ripples when we moved to Adelaide Oval, and has now become a tidal movement.

One of the comments:

"Beyond this Mr Thomas said five of the 12 new sponsors have expressed an interest in being associated with Port at a "major partner" level, which involves a commitment of more than $1 million annually."

That is unbelievable! To have ONE major sponsor ($1mill) is a must, TWO is fantastic. We now have FOUR! Oak, Renault, Shanghai CRED, and MJK, with FIVE more interested!

How far have we come? Well done Port Adelaide, and all involved!

As I said, the other clubs will be crapping themselves over this!

Literally heard this on the radio when it was Old Man Cornes, Dull One and Will D.

Admittedly it was a listener next but unsurprisingly they didn't rebut, only chuckled softly.

I turned it off then because it was an accident to have that on in the first place.

(Edit. I see FF shared the moment)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't stand crows supporters.

they have no idea .

one of the funniest things they seam to post regularly is that if we offered the SMA $500,000 we could use one of our home games ..

this is funny because $500,000 wouldn't cover the loss of beer sales being sold for 1 game .. ( if 3 beers is sold to 20,000 supporters on average then it is close to $600,000 beer sales)..

$500,000 wouldn't cover the loss of spirit sales being sold for 1 game if 3 spirits were sold to 20,000 supporters on average as that is close to $720,000 in spirit sales

$500,000 wouldn't cover the lost of food sales for 1 game (the advertiser worked out that the cheapest it would cost a family for a night at the footy was $37.30 so if their is 25,000 families at the footy that is $932,500 in food sales)

also as part of the move from football park to Adelaide oval both clubs had to guarantee $32 mil for the season (or $1,454,546 per home & away games) for the SANFL to agree to the move ..

so we went to the SMA and said her is $500,000 to move one of our games .. they would laugh at us ..

Literally heard this on the radio when it was Old Man Cornes, Dull One and Will D.

Admittedly it was a listener next but unsurprisingly they didn't rebut, only chuckled softly.

I turned it off then because it was an accident to have that on in the first place.

(Edit. I see FF shared the moment)

We bring football to the world while these dullards bring football to 0.01% of Souf Orstrayans.

It's like Sydney and Melbourne arguing over which is the biggest city while New York glances over and smiles.

http://www.mailmangroup.com/en/2017/05/how-port-adelaide-brought-footy-to-china/
Fan activation, capital attraction, and sports education are the three pillars of PAFC’s China strategy.
Port Adelaide sees this match as the starting point of a long and fruitful partnership between the AFL and China. PAFC will present the AFL commission in the next couple of months, outlining a five-year view on China,

the AFL will be doing all they can to help us for 2 reasons

1) to help one of its clubs (us to stay in the black)

and

2) to give them a chance after a few years at something like this :-

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/nba-set-earn-700-million-chinese-streaming-deal-tencent.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-nba-using-tech-tencent-conquer-china-2376891

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ina-business-with-five-year-tencent-extension

the AFL will want a chance at a 2nd TV deal

So every time you read on Big Footy about a supporter who is negative about this China adventure that we are doing .. just think about how they have no idea and smile with the thought of what a 2nd TV deal could do for us and Aussie rules football

the AFL will be doing all they can to help us for 2 reasons

1) to help one of its clubs (us to stay in the black)

and

2) to give them a chance after a few years at something like this :-

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/nba-set-earn-700-million-chinese-streaming-deal-tencent.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-nba-using-tech-tencent-conquer-china-2376891

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ina-business-with-five-year-tencent-extension

the AFL will want a chance at a 2nd TV deal

So every time you read on Big Footy about a supporter who is negative about this China adventure that we are doing .. just think about how they have no idea and smile with the thought of what a 2nd TV deal could do for us and Aussie rules football
And how it all started with Poort ;)

I tracked him down last night and bought him plenty of free Tsingtao.
Well done mate. Buy him one from me and I'll fix you up next time you get to a home game at Adelaide Oval. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Someone emailed this to AA this morning and of course they read it out. Imagine Cornes Wildy and Dillon in a studio together. Red yellow and blue wankfest.

Here we are playing a game for premiership points in China.
Meanwhile at Glenelg, Nick Chigwidden struggles to find enough cash to get Chinese take-away for the next board meeting.

#realfooty

#grassrootsfooty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back