Remove this Banner Ad

gags79

Debutant
Oct 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just watching on fox sports 1, Hawks v Bombers Rnd 11 2004

Just had to laugh at the foxtel information on it " Hawks skipper Richie Vandenberg plays the role of Brad Pitt in fight Club"

Love the way Hodge looks even as a youngster... Shame we get pumped though....

Essendon werent exactly innocent in that brawl, i saw plenty of scum players throwing punches, amazing that only 1 got suspended and 1 got a fine whilst it was how many for the hawks? 6 and 9 or something?

Maybe Clarko should show that brawl before the bombers match in a couple of weeks.

One thing is for sure, I hope I never hear the Rioli name being mentioned within the Bombers hierarchy again.....

I caught a bit of the game last night, and the thing that stood out most to me, was Everitt winning clean taps down to Hodge, who was rampant with that sort of service.

We've really missed having a top shelf ruckman. There's certainly more important positions on the ground, but I'd love to see us spend at least one season with a top 4 or 5 ruckman tapping to Hodge, Mitch, Sewell and Burgoyne before they retire.

Richard Vandenberg, Lance Picioane, Campbell Brown and Simon Beaumont were suspended for a combined total of 15 matches and melee fines totaled $36,700

Justin Murphy was suspended for 1 match and melee fines totalled $34,000

I flicked that over last night... too bad the Hawks were already down by 40+ points in the 3rd :(.

Do you know if they are showing it again?

I'd love to see THAT brawl again :D

Essendon werent exactly innocent in that brawl, i saw plenty of scum players throwing punches, amazing that only 1 got suspended and 1 got a fine whilst it was how many for the hawks? 6 and 9 or something?
exactly ! tell the bomber supporters that they go nuts at us saying it is our fault llok at what we did but don't look at their own dirty sniping team !
they had a few get fines too we had all the reports on top they only had 1 report one of ours mister Campbell Brown done by a hs photo ! they complain about one of thiers getting strangled ! yet in the age there was a photo a month later Barks i think it was getting strangled by a bomber spida trying to get him off probably in a strangle hold and a bomber pushing elbow in spida's back while strangling him !
! it all started with a spear tackle to Robbie Campbell before half time after half time when they got told stand up for your mates
[ and that and the line in the sand comment don't necessarily mean start a fight ! though there was a story about kanga sr telling a certain blond headed player too but that may not have been a factor anyways ! ]
when a Johnson marked Changa stood on the mark , Johnson pushed him ! that was it they went in and defended their mate !

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/08/1086460298011.html

Saturday's scenes were much more violent. Eighteen players, nine from each team, were charged with engaging in a melee, an offence that usually attracts a fine. But six of those players will face at least one other more serious charge brought after the investigation, by the video reporting officer or the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That footage of Adam McPhee acting all tough guy whilst he has blood pissing out of his face is pure gold.:D
yes agree i heard his face was very black next day after Richie had finished with him though i know Richies hand was very sore after as he could not shake a friends hand with it that night at the after function

I recall Changa getting Winderlich high and 3 scum players ran in started pulling at his dreadlocks then suddenly, I look up and it's all going on in the middle.

It was great to see spirit in a Hawthorn side that at the time, I thought, didn't have any.

They were sniping us all day. Even when their forwards would take marks on the lead, they would raise their elbow and try connect with an Hawthorn player running past.

They're a dirty, filthy, cheating, weak, gutless & heartless club.

I hate them and wish them all the worst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back