Chris Masten elbows to the throat/face

Remove this Banner Ad

That's Langdon...

Oh well, maybe he can pass it on

Perfect Bloke to do it - purple already hate him, not a huge loss if he’s suspended

If it was a Carr doing it he’d get a statue in cockburn

Four elbows, two punches and none of them anywhere near the ball. Six weeks. The bloke has form and was convicted after a punch up at the 2008 fireworks. Deadshit.

If the MRP believe he punched Langdon in the head/body then they will assess it as deliberate, high/medium contact, low impact. What's that equate to? 1 week? Think Eagles would potentially challenge that and argue it was reckless as he was trying to punch the ball, which would result in a fine I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpire was right there saw the whole thing. Masten got a free. nuff said.
Umpire was right there saw the whole thing. Masten got a free. nuff said.

Did you forget to log out of your alts?

FYI he got the free after this incident when Fremantle players reacted and slung Masten to the ground.

Did you forget to log out of your alts?

FYI he got the free after this incident when Fremantle players reacted and slung Masten to the ground.

"Umpire was right there saw the wholething. Masten got a free. nuff said."

I was trying to point out that this statement can be read in two completely different ways depending on the team the poster supports.

The "nuff said" part in this case becomes a sad acceptance of getting the short straw from Margetts et al.

Chris Masten, West Coast, has been charged with misconduct against Ed Langdon, Fremantle, during the fourth quarter of the Round Six match between West Coast and Fremantle, played at Optus Stadium on Sunday April 28, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Misconduct is fixed financial sanction of $2500. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Chris Masten, West Coast, has been charged with misconduct against Ed Langdon, Fremantle, during the fourth quarter of the Round Six match between West Coast and Fremantle, played at Optus Stadium on Sunday April 28, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Misconduct is fixed financial sanction of $2500. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Gets sanctioned by the MRP, but gets a free kick from the umps in the same incident.

Me thinks something is wrong here.

Gets sanctioned by the MRP, but gets a free kick from the umps in the same incident.

Me thinks something is wrong here.

Your interpretation of what happened is what's wrong.

The incident occurred, in remonstrating with him Duman pulled him off after it and threw him to the ground giving away a free kick.

The free kick was for the aftermath, not for the incident.

To further correct some Fremantle fans, there was no 50 paid to Masten and it didn't result in a goal to th Eagles either. The kick went into the 50 and Freo got a free kick to Pearce.

15 minutes to go in the last if anyone wants to go to the vision and see for themselves.

Last edited:
Your interpretation of what happened is what's wrong.

The incident occurred, in demonstrating with him Duman pulled him off after it and threw him to the ground giving away a free kick.

The free kick was for the aftermath, not for the incident.

The retaliation by Duman was what the free was for, agreed.

The problem I have is that a reportable incident has occurred, players come in to remonstrate ( natural team reaction ) and the umps pay a free for Masten being slung out.

I have no problems Masten getting a free if he was given a “good thumping”, but giving kicks after remonstrating over a reportable incident with a bit of push and shove is poor umpiring. I’m not too sure if Langdon had actually been granted a free kick in the first incident.

Report a player, then they get a free for players remonstrating with them, do you think that is right ?. Over umpiring / losing control of the game ?.

The retaliation by Duman was what the free was for, agreed.

The problem I have is that a reportable incident has occurred, players come in to remonstrate ( natural team reaction ) and the umps pay a free for Masten being slung out.

I have no problems Masten getting a free if he was given a “good thumping”, but giving kicks after remonstrating over a reportable incident with a bit of push and shove is poor umpiring. I’m not too sure if Langdon had actually been granted a free kick in the first incident.

Report a player, then they get a free for players remonstrating with them, do you think that is right ?. Over umpiring / losing control of the game ?.

It's possible the ump just didn't see it.

We had the benefit of a low camera angle from inside the 50, the ump can be seen running into frame from somewhere near the centre of the ground so who knows what he saw?

The umps don't get the benefit of multiple camera angles and slow motion replays viewers do.

It's possible the ump just didn't see it.

We had the benefit of a low camera angle from inside the 50, the ump can be seen running into frame from somewhere near the centre of the ground so who knows what he saw?

The umps don't get the benefit of multiple camera angles and slow motion replays viewers do.
he didn't see a lot of things

he didn't see a lot of things

Yeah you're right

-Ballantyne dropping the ball to get a 50
-McCarthy dropping the ball when tackled leading to a Freo goal
Etc

But hey, who would have thought Freo got some favourable decisions as well right? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back