News Chris Pelchen - Q&A / live chat 11 October

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the comments:

We're confident that both Tom Hickey and Rhys Stanley can provide ruck options for us in 2014, but we will give consideration to complementing these guys. No specific player is being targeted at this stage.

Billy Longer would be a worthwhile option. But we will consider adding a mature-aged ruckman to our list.

Scott (Watters) is contracted for 2014 and will lead us into next season.

We're unaware of what Hawthorn's compensation pick for Buddy Franklin will be at this stage, so therefore no deals can be made with Hawthorn on this selection.

The decision on trading Ben McEvoy was extremely difficult but we feel that we have good coverage with both Tom Hickey and Rhys Stanley, plus Lewis Pierce who is developing at Sandringham.

Ultimately the opportunity to add Shane Savage to our midfield, combined with a first round selection, to further rebuild our playing list provided an attractive option to us.

We're unlikely to have any further trades today or tomorrow, but remain committed to being active for the remainder of the trade period.

We would love to secure a top ten pick, but think it's highly unlikely as these are difficult to attain. We remain hopeful and determined of securing another top 20 selection.

We have acknowledged we need to improve our kicking ability and speed and are addressing both areas.

(We) hope to have a definitive answer on whether (Dal) remains with the Saints in the next few days.

Luke Delaney remains committed to coming to the Saints.

David Armitage has not been discussed for trade at any time.

The matter involving Ahmed Saad is being coordinated by the AFL and ASADA therefore we are unable to comment. We do expect the matter to be resolved soon.

Scott (Watters) has my full support.

Shane (Savage) is an outstanding kick. Can play multiple positions and will be the face of our program in NZ. He is of high character and we look forward to him being a Saint.

Character and good values are at the absolute forefront of our model. You can be assured that these are prorities for our recruiting team.

The football department review should be concluded soon. We are considering a number of coaching options but any changes will be minimal.

Spencer (White) has developed nicely at Sandy this year. We are hopeful of him playing senior football in 2014.

We understand your concerns surrounding perceived instability at the Saints but I assure you that the club is in a good position going forward. While rumour and innuendo is somewhat inevitable when not winning games, it's essential that we all remain united in our cause to achieve success. Scott, Dean and the other coaches are committed to developing this playing list.

We haven't yet made a decision for the captaincy for 2014 and beyond. We are keen to develop a number of options over the next 2 to 3 years.

Jason Holmes will return to Australia from the US in early November for pre-season training and will play at Sandringham next year. We understand and appreciate that he has a lot of work to do but he's coordination, athleticism and attitude give him a genuine hope of playing football at a high level.

We have already agreed to extend our (Sandringham) alignment for 2014-15 and parameters involving team selection form part of that agreement.

Allan Jeans certainly played a part in my decision to join the Saints. Yabbie was an enormous influence on my career and encouraged me to join "his Saints". I certainly hope to be at the Saints long term. Allan Jeans asked me 'if I ever left the Hawks would I be happy helping his Saints win a flag?' and nothing would make me happier.

With regards to (the club having a number of young ruckmen), we'll give consideration to an experienced ruckman.

With comments repeated three times each, with anything positive about Watters left out.

The trade thread isnt the place for SW comments though. I posted VFL alignment question in Zebs thread. We've used the relevant threads for the relevant questions I would have thought!

I love how retrospective access to anything AFL-related necessitates me providing access of half a dozen or more browser-scripts to myself as an end-user.

Who is anyone serving by posting this s**t? :confused:

I love how retrospective access to anything AFL-related necessitates me providing access of half a dozen or more browser-scripts to myself as an end-user.

Who is anyone serving by posting this s**t? :confused:

Temporarily allow this search engine scrawler.
Temporary allow this advert stream.
And this one.
And this one.
And Twitter.
And FB.
And other mobile social media that can be applied.
And our embedded JS coveritall.
Here's our media on the page.
We'll consider loading the actual content now, please wait.

Is generally how most websites function, it's no real surprise.

Temporarily allow this search engine scrawler.
Temporary allow this advert stream.
And this one.
And this one.
And Twitter.
And FB.
And other mobile social media that can be applied.
And our embedded JS coveritall.
Here's our media on the page.
We'll consider loading the actual content now, please wait.

Is generally how most websites function, it's no real surprise.
Actually, the AFL site is the one with the highest number of necessary scripts out of those I visit.

Most others only have one for the site itself, and perhaps one more for the stream.

Yabby would say Chris .....who? Sorry don't know him, oh yes I did meet that guy once.

This guy is building job security for 7-8 years so let's hope he has developed execution skills as many at Port and Hawthorn would say he was a peripheral trade week guy at best

Otherwise St Kilda will fund this guys superannuation and retirement as the outcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back