Society/Culture Christians are not the victims in the marriage equality debate

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I can gather, Lebbo73 thinks sex between homosexuals is gross?

I'm not sure why he's being pilloried for this. He doesn't have to think it's great if it doesn't appeal to him.

There's a big difference between finding sex between homosexuals gross and being homophobic.

That may well be too subtle for fig booty.

I'm not sure why he's being pilloried for this. He doesn't have to think it's great if it doesn't appeal to him.

There's a big difference between finding sex between homosexuals gross and being homophobic.

Yeah, agreed. To each their own. As long as folks like Lebbo73 isn't actually abusing anyone or restricting their ability to live life as they choose then it's fine for them to voice disgust at something they don't understand. Everybody has different boundaries; of taste, of lifestyle, of everything. To remain inwardly exclusive is limiting your own horizons, but fine. To maintain an outwardly exclusive outlook, where you seek to restrict the choices of others, is usually not.

Me, I can't understand scat. I can't see how you can derive sexual pleasure from shitting in someone's open mouth then tongue-kissing them or smooshing it round their face like an imitation beard or something.

I don't get it. I think it's disgusting. I think I have a right to say this.

BUT if consenting adults other than myself can get off on this, then more power to them. To each their own.

Yeah, agreed. To each their own. As long as folks like Lebbo73 isn't actually abusing anyone or restricting their ability to live life as they choose then it's fine for them to voice disgust at something they don't understand. Everybody has different boundaries; of taste, of lifestyle, of everything. To remain inwardly exclusive is limiting your own horizons, but fine. To maintain an outwardly exclusive outlook, where you seek to restrict the choices of others, is usually not.

Me, I can't understand scat. I can't see how you can derive sexual pleasure from shitting in someone's open mouth then tongue-kissing them or smooshing it round their face like an imitation beard or something.

BUT if consenting adults other than myself can get off on this, then more power to them. To each their own.
I dunno, I think that there is a logical reason to find someone shitting into someone else's mouth, disgusting.

I'd suggest the people that find two people of the same sex making out disgusting, should reflect on it and try to work out if it's a genuine belief, or something that's been developed in them over time, due to societies preconceived notions over generations.

If you find a man and a woman making out to be attractive, why would you be disgusted by two people of the same sex making out?

Everyone is completely entitled to their own opinion. But sometimes it's good to try and work out how you've formed that opinion and what it's based on.

Cheers for both naming & adding such an unsavory & unwanted sexual predilection term to my lexicon.:eek:

You've just scatted all over the Christian thread....And not altogether unconsciously so, I might add.

Here's what scatting use to mean:

I dunno, I think that there is a logical reason to find someone shitting into someone else's mouth, disgusting.

I'd suggest the people that find two people of the same sex making out disgusting, should reflect on it and try to work out if it's a genuine belief, or something that's been developed in them over time, due to societies preconceived notions over generations.

If you find a man and a woman making out to be attractive, why would you be disgusted by two people of the same sex making out?

Everyone is completely entitled to their own opinion. But sometimes it's good to try and work out how you've formed that opinion and what it's based on.

Definitely. Self-analysis is key here.

And just to clear up, reading what I wrote back it looks like someone might gather that I'm making direct parallels between scat and homosexual love - I'm actually not, but merely trying to highlight the difference between inward and outward discrimination as it applies to almost everything in our individual experiences, and how the two concepts can actually co-habit the same user space as it were.

And just to clear up, reading what I wrote back it looks like someone might gather that I'm making direct parallels between scat and homosexual love - I'm actually not, but merely trying to highlight the difference between inward and outward discrimination as it applies to almost everything in our individual experiences, and how the two concepts can actually co-habit the same user space as it were.
I admit that I laughed when I saw that obvious link between the two, but I realised it was unintentional.

Shame on me. My trigger warnings weren't triggered! I didn't even realise that.

I shall work harder on my outrage!

I don't think anyone that knows you as a poster, would think you meant that. But always good to clarify before angry posters like SeaMateSix rages out on you!

Thanks for that. I was eating until I read this post.

Some people may find the thought of having sex with an overweight/obese person unappealing/puke inducing. Following that logic than a large portion of the general population are just nasty bigoted Cacomorphobes. Shame on us. :drunk:

Have no idea why expressing discomfort about homosexual intercourse is labeled as bigoted. It's a natural response that I had when I first heard about homosexuality in school in particular gay male intercourse. Just thinking about touching another male in a sexual manner made me feel queasy and dizzy. That said as a hetero male school kid, lesbian sex didn't elicit the same reaction and can't deny that I was definitely intrigued about that. :D

I don't have a problem if gays find hetero sex disgusting, being homosexual it'd be completely understandable if they were turned off and/or physically repulsed by it. Doesn't impact me or any other hetero individual in any way whatsoever, to each their own, live and let live and all that jazz. *shrugs*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You nailed it in the last question. Everybody makes a choice.

Stephen R. Covey

"Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny."

Then why don't you just give it a try. You know, if it's a choice then you can quite easily just choose to be homosexual and then when you're done you can choose not to be.

Or in other words, you have no idea what you are talking about because you're completely and utterly ignorant.

Some people may find the thought of having sex with an overweight/obese person unappealing/puke inducing. Following that logic than a large portion of the general population are just nasty bigoted Cacomorphobes. Shame on us. :drunk:

Have no idea why expressing discomfort about homosexual intercourse is labeled as bigoted. It's a natural response that I had when I first heard about homosexuality in school in particular gay male intercourse. Just thinking about touching another male in a sexual manner made me feel queasy and dizzy. That said as a hetero male school kid, lesbian sex didn't elicit the same reaction and can't deny that I was definitely intrigued about that. :D

I don't have a problem if gays find hetero sex disgusting, being homosexual it'd be completely understandable if they were turned off and/or physically repulsed by it. Doesn't impact me or any other hetero individual in any way whatsoever, to each their own, live and let live and all that jazz. *shrugs*
Like Lebbo, you make no mention of what, exactly, there is about homosexual sex which makes you feel so uncomfortable. This is the question Lebbo also chooses not to answer. It was a simple enquiry, which seems to have turned his legs to jelly. What a wimp. To have such a dramatic reaction as to cause disgust, and then be unable to express exactly what causes that disgust is queer.

Give me a good reason, one that doesn't rely on a belief in a higher power, why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed in Australia. Your voices aren't being suppressed, they're just being ignored because you prosecute a poor argument. Nobody is denying Christians a voice in the debate, it's just that most have stopped listening to them.

I can't give you a reason - I support it gay marriage. I see no reason why consenting adults cannot get married, the meaning of marriage hardly even matters anymore, so debate on this alone is ridiculous.

But I cannot disregard that there are people who see marriage as sacrilege, as a religious institution and for whatever reason believe that homos should not be allowed to marry. They are still victims. It is shoved in our faces that feelings matter, that minorities can feel sad, that mental health is a problem, that people should be free to do whatever with their personal lives so long they don't hurt others. You cannot apply this to one set of people, but deny it to others simply because some sexuality is scientific and religion is not. If people are religious, they can be nutters - but they are still part of society and still should be allowed to practice without being made a victim. They aren't victims yet, but they will. If someone consciously objects to the institution of gay marriage, they should be allowed to do so without threat of litigation, without having to resort to self-harm as a means to fix, without becoming a bloody burden on the public system.

They are victims, much like those who cannot marry. Peoples moral compass may seem Christianity as irrelevant, but we can achieve much more as society when we strive towards true equality that values and moral compasses, not just equality for those hard done by in the past, by reversing it on those who had it easy and making those people pay for it.

Like Lebbo, you make no mention of what, exactly, there is about homosexual sex which makes you feel so uncomfortable. This is the question Lebbo also chooses not to answer. It was a simple enquiry, which seems to have turned his legs to jelly. What a wimp. To have such a dramatic reaction as to cause disgust, and then be unable to express exactly what causes that disgust is queer.

He doesn't need a reason. What's the point in trying to rationalize an emotional response? It is what it is.

I can't give you a reason - I support it gay marriage. I see no reason why consenting adults cannot get married, the meaning of marriage hardly even matters anymore, so debate on this alone is ridiculous.

But I cannot disregard that there are people who see marriage as sacrilege, as a religious institution and for whatever reason believe that homos should not be allowed to marry. They are still victims. It is shoved in our faces that feelings matter, that minorities can feel sad, that mental health is a problem, that people should be free to do whatever with their personal lives so long they don't hurt others. You cannot apply this to one set of people, but deny it to others simply because some sexuality is scientific and religion is not. If people are religious, they can be nutters - but they are still part of society and still should be allowed to practice without being made a victim. They aren't victims yet, but they will. If someone consciously objects to the institution of gay marriage, they should be allowed to do so without threat of litigation, without having to resort to self-harm as a means to fix, without becoming a bloody burden on the public system.

They are victims, much like those who cannot marry. Peoples moral compass may seem Christianity as irrelevant, but we can achieve much more as society when we strive towards true equality that values and moral compasses, not just equality for those hard done by in the past, by reversing it on those who had it easy and making those people pay for it.

They are not victims and will never be, they are just being ignorant, bigoted, hateful, pathetic and precious. All because they hold some sense of entitlement over an institution that has nothing to do with their ignorant religious beliefs.

That doesn't make you a victim, it makes you an a-hole.

It is queer but that is your choice! ;)

They are not victims and will never be, they are just being ignorant, bigoted, hateful, pathetic and precious. All because they hold some sense of entitlement over an institution that has nothing to do with their ignorant religious beliefs.

That doesn't make you a victim, it makes you an a-hole.

Right……. So the ignorant, bigoted, hateful and pathetic person is the one who feels obliged and bound by their religion and not the person who continues to call them the same catchphrase hogwash, over and over.

I would suggest that somebody who refuses to acknowledge that religious people exist, and no matter how stupid we think it is – that they deserve the same rights, the same “safe feeling” and the same protections under the law, that is freedom of religion and subsequently freedom. And anybody who disagrees and just continues to slate them, because of dislike of religion is equally as ignorant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back