Teams Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bengals sign mammoth supplemental draft snub
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpteynwq5zje5ytbiytbiyjjjytk1njcxytfjm2zhyjjj-e1401844260301.jpeg
Getty Images
Nobody wanted to spend a supplemental draft pick on LaKendrick Ross, but the Bengals didn’t wait long to give him a shot.

The Bengals announced Monday they had signed Ross, waiving wide receiver Alex Neutz to clear the roster spot.

The 6-foot-4, 350-pound Ross played one year of college football at Virginia-Lynchburg.

Eleven teams attended his pro day workout prior to the supplemental draft, but he wasn’t chosen.

At a time when rosters are at 90, it’s worth taking a flyer on someone with that kind of size.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Andy Dalton looking the goods at the moment. Hopefully he can keep it up.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Stuff Dalton, your D is looking unbelievable atm. I'm not looking forward to the Patriots playing them in two weeks.

Yeah, they've been very impressive. Not getting too hopeful but. Us Bengal fans have been disappointed too many times before.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Yeah, they've been very impressive. Not getting too hopeful but. Us Bengal fans have been disappointed too many times before.
I'd rather be the Bengals than the Jags. Right now, your side looks to be the class of the AFC. Let's see if that form holds.

Can someone explain why Cincinnati are in first place in the AFC North when there are two sides below them that have more wins, and they have all played the same number of times. A tie is just half a win isn't it?

CIN 4-2-1
BAL 5-3
PIT 5-3
CLE 4-3

because standings in the NFl are based on Winning Percentage

Pittsburgh and Baltimore have a winning percentage of 62.5% having wone 5 of eight.
Bengals have 4 wins and a draw for 4 anda half wins out of seven, gives them a percentage of 64.3%

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
because standings in the NFl are based on Winning Percentage

Pittsburgh and Baltimore have a winning percentage of 62.5% having wone 5 of eight.
Bengals have 4 wins and a draw for 4 anda half wins out of seven, gives them a percentage of 64.3%

Thanks. Sorry, my mistake, I thought Cincy had played 8 times, not 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Fourth playoff series in a row. Hopefully we can get past the wildcard round this time.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
T.J. Houshmandzadeh “shocked” by how many good players Bengals have
Posted by Josh Alper on June 21, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti1nte0zjbjodmzowqyztzinjdkzjdkyzg1mmm2mzay-e1434904705620.jpeg
AP
T.J. Houshmandzadeh returned to the Bengals on a coaching fellowship this offseason and spent a few weeks working with the organization that he helped snap a 14-year stretch without a winning record in 2005.

During that season, the Bengals Offense set a slew of franchise records as Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson and Houshmandzadeh all turned in strong seasons to help the team make it back to the postseason. This year’s Bengals team is trying to snap a different streak — four straight years with a loss in their first postseason game — and Houshmandzadeh thinks they have the offense to do it.

“They can be better [than the 2005 group]. They have better players,” Houshmandzadeh said, via the team’s website. “Right hand to God. You know I’d tell you the truth. I didn’t know the Bengals had so many good players. I was shocked. I was genuinely shocked with the amount of players on this team that can play. It’s really unbelievable.”

Houshmandzadeh said that the depth and balance of the Bengals offense this year is what makes him feel like they can be a better unit than the 2005 version. The Bengals do have good depth at the skill positions, but questions about Andy Dalton’s ability to drive all that talent where it needs to go continue to linger in Cincinnati. If the offense falls short of expectation this year, the call for a change at the position should be louder than ever.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to Bengals.com, "nobody has been able to cover" Tyler Eifert "since training camp began last week."

Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson notes that Andy Dalton seems to throw to Eifert "whenever he's in a jam or needs a big play," a sign the duo is developing trust and an on-field rapport. Finally healthy, Eifert has a chance to finish second on the Bengals in passing-game targets this season, behind A.J. Green.

Source: bengals.com

According to Bengals.com, "nobody has been able to cover" Tyler Eifert "since training camp began last week."

Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson notes that Andy Dalton seems to throw to Eifert "whenever he's in a jam or needs a big play," a sign the duo is developing trust and an on-field rapport. Finally healthy, Eifert has a chance to finish second on the Bengals in passing-game targets this season, behind A.J. Green.

Source: bengals.com

He'll have a career day against many teams… glad we don't play the Jungles Cats early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back