News Clarko gone - Hawthorn coach exit brought forward to end of 2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not privy to the inner workings of the HFC, but I cannot understand why the club continues to give Kennett so much power. This shambles has his crazy, unhinged persona all over it. Stupidly, he wanted to sack Clarko before the 3 peat happened, so why is his judgment trusted now? The bloke is a scatterbrained imbecile who is being allowed to ruin our club. I just can’t believe the club has let this happen, although when you think back to 1996 the club almost voted itself out of existence so maybe it’s just more of the same.
I’m a conservative right wing thinking person. I was always a supporter of Kennett the Premier. However, there’s no question his Presidency of Hawthorn has become untenable.

His constant campaigning against Andrews during covid was not in the clubs best interest. He’s conflicted and it’s impacted in the clubs capacity to secure funding for Dingley which appears to be hanging in the breeze.

His half joking threats to move his club to Tasmania was also incredibly poor when this club should’ve been cementing its home at the MCG and planning a future of huge crowds st the MCG for the family club.

The handling of Clarkson handover the final straw. A terrible 3 years for Kennett and his entire board.

And I also have real concerns over their CEO who also appears not up to it.

"The decision was reached on Thursday after a meeting between the Hawthorn board and Clarkson’s management in which the two parties agreed that the coach would receive a full payout"

So he's not there next year, and they pay him out in full. That is just bad business, at a time where the game is haemorrhaging money.

Puts a shitload of pressure on Mitchell to perform.
He's going to get paid to do nothing.

His next career move may as well be politics.

This is what happens when an oligarchy lead by a megalomaniac gets control of a football club. Clarkson's time was up and I've got so problem with the switch to Mitch. But don't lie to us members and the public and make out that we're the best run club in the land when we are not. Hawthorn are the laughing stock of the AFL today and that stems from decisions made by an incompetent board.

Do the right thing, Kennett - fall on your sword. The rest of the board can follow.
I say don't switch to Mitchell. Let's find the best available not an untried entitled Mitchell.

He's going to get paid to do nothing.

His next career move may as well be politics.
This is such a bad look for the game. So many people have lost their jobs over the last 18 months, and here's Jeff paying out a million dollar contract for a bloke to do nothing.

Gil needs to stick his foot so far up Jeff's arse that his breath will smell like shoe polish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko could literally pick up the phone, call either Collingwood or Carlton. Say hey guys, can I coach? In two mins he would have another coaching job at 1M a year, plus the payout he will receive. Not a bad place to be in if you ask me.

Kind of is the point when you referred to Mitchell as unproven.

A well-known control freak like him was never going to be amenable to the Buckley/Rutten model.
Most clubs only need to hire a coach because the one they had before was no good or wanted out

Do we think Clarko will sit out a year and enjoy life for abit... Or will he jump straight back into the ring with a new team to keep his finger on the pulse.. As sometimes a year out can be detrimental to them losing abit of touch with the inner sanctum of club life.

I can't see him going anywhere but Collingwood on a godfather of a deal..

Clarko could literally pick up the phone, call either Collingwood or Carlton. Say hey guys, can I coach? In two mins he would have another coaching job at 1M a year, plus the payout he will receive. Not a bad place to be in if you ask me.
Clarko to go "first year I'll work for Free" knowing Hawthorn have to pay the difference between his contract and what a new club pays him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back