No !! The departing C.E.O. of Qantas was not a former coach of Hawthorn & Footscray.

Remove this Banner Ad

People always talk about Patrick Dangerfield's 2016 season as one of the best of all time. Yet they neglect to mention Josh Kennedy both winning the Coleman and sitting 2nd on the league disposals tally that very same year.
Was totally robbed of the Brownlow and MVP that year.

Well the first Hawthorn coach I knew was Allan Jeans. When he got sick Allan Joyce replaced him and immediately won the flag in 88. So, for a while I thought to qualify as Hawthorn coach you had to be named Alan J and had to win the premiership.

My favourite though was Gary Ablett and Kevin Sheedy moonlighting as stars for Everton in the mid 80s, winning championships and FA Cups, while being even bigger superstars as player and coach in the VFL at the same time.

Well the first Hawthorn coach I knew was Allan Jeans. When he got sick Allan Joyce replaced him and immediately won the flag in 88. So, for a while I thought to qualify as Hawthorn coach you had to be named Alan J and had to win the premiership.

My favourite though was Gary Ablett and Kevin Sheedy moonlighting as stars for Everton in the mid 80s, winning championships and FA Cups, while being even bigger superstars as player and coach in the VFL at the same time.
Oh just seen I’m a page too late..,

Not a bad problem to have though.

Kevin Bartlett did not play over 400 games for Richmond AND co-drive a Bathurst winner in 1974 AND play for Notts County in the English First Division in the late 80s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
These first two KB's genuinely had me stumped as a really young kid in the early 80's. I wasn't big on motorsports so I figured he just raced the Channel 9 Camaro around Bathurst during the footy offseason. Didn't help that I only saw him with the helmet on and they both seemed super cranky all the time, so it checked out that he was a two sport star.

Didn't know about the third one, though :oops:

How the heck did Kevin Sheedy coach the Bombers whilst playing for Everton back in the 80’s?
As well as battling it out in the 1989 VFL/AFL finals, Gary Ablett and Kevin Sheedy found time to play against each other in the most excellent 1989 FA Cup final. Whilst John Barnes wasn’t getting much of a run at Essendon, he also featured in that ‘89 FA Cup Final.

As well as battling it out in the 1989 VFL/AFL finals, Gary Ablett and Kevin Sheedy found time to play against each other in the most excellent 1989 FA Cup final. Whilst John Barnes wasn’t getting much of a run at Essendon, he also featured in that ‘89 FA Cup Final.
Yeah interestingly both Ablett and Sheedy (while I’ll always remember them as Everton players) both played for both of the Merseyside tribes - Liverpool and Everton.

Like Daisy Thomas or Micky McGuane playing for both Collingwood and Carlton or Scott Hodges for the Crows and Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Touk Miller likes that he is unique

No!!! Hawthorn’s Russell Morris did not also have a massive hit in the 60s with “The Real Thing”.
And Ronnie Burns didn't play on the forward line for Geelong as well as singing "Smily".

And Stevie Wright didn't play for the Swans and sing for the Easybeats.

To clarify though, despite the spelling difference, former Geelong/St Kilda ruckman Steven King is actually the homophonic internationally famous horror novelist.
Does Homophonic imply he is against the sounds of homsexuality?

I'm amazed at how many people think that the C.E.O. of Qantas was the same person that coached Hawthorn & Footscray.
All they share is their names.
The former coach is actually 23 years older than the Qantas C.E.O.
Surely this is a pisstake gone horribly wrong?

Name a single person or link to even a mention of this claim anywhere but in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back