News Clarkson to step away from football indefinitely

Remove this Banner Ad

you need to google what due process is

The 2nd word is the interesting one given its been 8 months with near zero progress.

Not one person interviewed - the accusers refusing to take part, the accused wanting to see all the information and all the claims before they take part.

Meanwhile the lawyers just keep on billing.

Maybe that is what "due process" means. I looked it up and "... through the normal judicial system"...

You could be right.

I'm not convinced Clarkson had an anger episode because of the probe.
His team was getting flogged and he is obsessed with winning.
We've already seen in the report what lengths he will go to to win.
i don't understand why people object to Clarko throwing a chair at the wall on the weekend.

You'd be hard pressed to find a North person who wouldn't after that gutless, insipid second quarter.

So Clarkson is saying the inquirey has gone too long yet his lawyers are the ones extending it and he won't go to mediation. Interesting
I’ve heard of the inquiry, but what is this inquirey you speak of?

Does pointing out that Hardwick is also a bit of a s**t bloke have any relevance at all?
"Losing control" is very common among AFL coaches. When last year's coach gave everyone a spray and apologised for it, he copped more s**t for the apology than for the spray. The sport and a significant part of its fanbase lionise coaches who spray players. The chair incident is an unsubstantiated rumour from a notorious ambulance-chaser whose desire is to be first, rather than right. Did it happen? Maybe, maybe not. But it's being used to punch down on a bloke having a mental health crisis in an appalling fashion.

And speaking of relevance, old mate has posted that NMFC should be removed from the competition entirely. Which also has no relevance to the conversation we're having.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe that Jordan story about a service station attendant on the "coast" road refused to serve Clarkson, which Jordan went on to say had a deeply profound effect on Clarkson.

People are held before trial all the time so they are assumed guilty.

That is possibly one of the stupidest most inaccurate things i ever have ever read on this site (which considering the level of crap posted on the main board thesedays is saying a lot).

I'm not convinced Clarkson had an anger episode because of the probe.
His team was getting flogged and he is obsessed with winning.
We've already seen in the report what lengths he will go to to win.
I mean we are talking about a guy that abused a kid umpiring a junior footy game.

Hang on, wasn’t it the kangaroo players who couldn’t handle Noble’s outbursts? How did they react to Clarkson doing it?
Clarkson has more premierships than Noble had years as a senior coach, I'm going to assume they handled it a whole lot better. They had no reason to respect Noble (beyond the fact he had been their boss for a year and a half), who already had some players offside by the time of the Brisbane spray, whereas there are ample reasons to respect Clarkson's coaching pedigree.

So many similarities to 1930s Stalinist Russia in how Clarkson has been treated
I agree - guilty until proven innocent, no accountability of the accusers, an arbitrarily applied legal system and trial by media come from the playbook used by the cultural revolution and Khmer Rouge. I live in China, so I’ve experienced the ‘benefits’ of this system first-hand. it might seem trivial now, but please never let this thought process take hold in Australia….

Back