Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the same guy who was caught in a ’sting’ in 2015 by investigators posing as representatives of oil companies. He was willing to write a paper that he himself said would not pass peer review and agreed that the funding would be hidden.

One also needs to read Happer’s ‘Major Statement’ written after his interview;
http://www.thebestschools.org/special/karoly-happer-dialogue-global-warming/happer-major-statement/

Each human exhales about 1 kg of CO2 per day, so the 320 million people of the United States “pollute” the atmosphere with about 320,000 metric tons of CO2 per day.

Talk about a “carbon footprint”!” LOL. There is no difference between fossil carbon and recycled human carbon? and i am not a scientist. The carbon footprint from breathing is zero, how can he not know this?

Snake is getting dumber and more desperate by minute.

"Total Power, post: 64156779, member: 11747"
This is the same guy who was caught in a ’sting’ in 2015 by investigators posing as representatives of oil companies. He was willing to write a paper that he himself said would not pass peer review and agreed that the funding would be hidden.

http://www.thebestschools.org/special/karoly-happer-dialogue-global-warming/happer-major-statement/

W Happer PhD already was outspoken and believed what he wrote before this apparent "sting", that is why he was targeted by the hysterical society.
He nominated in advance for his fee to be donated.
He gave reason for, but not insistence on, avoiding peer review in order to make it quicker to be published and anticipation that the journals would exclude much of what he wrote. Difficulty in getting contrary articles published.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...e-exposes-sceptics-cast-doubt-climate-science

Interestingly The Guardian - in its customary appeal for donations appeals to Climate Change Believers , by advising they are biased to advocating CC emergency.

Of course CC Climatologists work for free and do not accept any salary?

Not a very balanced comment or criticism!

Talk about a “carbon footprint”!” LOL. There is no difference between fossil carbon and recycled human carbon? and i am not a scientist. The carbon footprint from breathing is zero, how can he not know this?

Yes mamals breathing is balanced somewhat by the food plants and animal eaten. In a Short cycle.
By that logic burning coal is merely returning Co2 sequestered by trees over the last million years, returning earth's balance?. Long cycle

However in this case you make a valid point.

Keep it real!

Last edited:
1579639320776.png

From the same article:

Ms Thunberg called for an immediate end to fossil fuel investments in front of a packed audience less than a hour after watching Mr Trump make his keynote address in the Swiss ski resort.

My question then is 'An immediate end to fossil fuel investments? That's your plan?' (The headline I presume was an ABC brainstorm).

Seems anyone can play this game.

In all seriousness I have no issue with her or her beliefs however she's not helping herself and her followers by calling for an impractical measure such as this one and reiterating hyperbolic comments in a thinly veiled attempt to be pissed off at previous generations - even if it as a puppet directed by her parents.

Stop blaming and start doing girl! Everyone reckons you have quite the knowledge on the subject, well then let's hear it! Bring us your solutions not your disdain - that will help no one.

Do you mods get a commission from chief just to stir and sprout s**t?
To make up the click bait?
Or are you really truly that stupid, as a standard?
What a terrible contribution.
Based on your past few posts, you are really not worth conversing with.

EVs have a lot of promise. Their torque curve is exceptional, less moving parts = less maintenance, and technology is moving so quickly we're likely to see annual improvements to battery technology, and they're quieter so residents near major thoroughfares will likely enjoy less traffic noise in time as well.

We already have quite a number of public charging stations too (Chargepoint are growing, as well as a few demonstrator stations installed by RACV/NRMA/RACQ etc).

I think they are the future. If we can have clean charging options it will be valuable.

"Total Power, post: 64156779, member: 11747"

W Happer PhD already was outspoken and believed what he wrote before this apparent "sting", that is why he was targeted by the hysterical society.
He nominated in advance for his fee to be donated.
He gave reason for, but not insistence on, avoiding peer review in order to make it quicker to be published and anticipation that the journals would exclude much of what he wrote. Difficulty in getting contrary articles published.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...e-exposes-sceptics-cast-doubt-climate-science

Interestingly The Guardian - in its customary appeal for donations appeals to Climate Change Believers , by advising they are biased to advocating CC emergency.

Of course CC Climatologists work for free and do not accept any salary?

Not a very balanced comment or criticism!

Half truth.

Happer served as board chair at the Exxon-funded George C. Marshall Institute, which he spun into a new group, the CO2 Coalition. In 2015, he was caught in a sting accepting payment of $250 an hour, to be funneled through his CO2 Coalition, to write a pro-fossil fuel report secretly paid for by what he thought was Middle Eastern oil and Indonesian coal businesses.

Similarly, Peabody Coal donated $8,000 to Happer’s CO2 Coalition in exchange for his testifying at a Minnesota regulatory hearing on the social cost of carbon. “I told Peabody I’d be glad to write testimony for them,” Happer told ClimateWire in December 2015. “And if they want to pay me, I’d be delighted to take the money for our little coalition.”

The CO2 Coalition, established by William Happer, a senior director with the White House National Security Council, has received more than $1 million from energy executives and conservative foundations that fight regulations since it was founded four years ago. The group is stacked with researchers who cast doubt on climate science. Other members have spent years fighting regulations that would reduce fossil fuel consumption.

Almost every single denier could be ***** for conflict of interest.

Bring us your solutions not your disdain - that will help no one.
You get far more political traction from saying "you need to do more/you're not doing enough/do something" than you do by ever suggesting something to do.

The next step is to criticize that the action taken wasn't enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EVs have a lot of promise. Their torque curve is exceptional, less moving parts = less maintenance, and technology is moving so quickly we're likely to see annual improvements to battery technology, and they're quieter so residents near major thoroughfares will likely enjoy less traffic noise in time as well.

We already have quite a number of public charging stations too (Chargepoint are growing, as well as a few demonstrator stations installed by RACV/NRMA/RACQ etc).
I remember at trade school many years ago the teacher saying a few times that you could lift the roof off the top of a mountain with a DC motor.

I think they are the future. If we can have clean charging options it will be valuable.
I'm sure it will be a mixture of charging options for some time, grid power in the metropolitan centres to do the bulk of the work initially with solar charge points already being trialled in some servos along the Hume.

It may change the equation for solar panels on homes though, making it more attractive and/or increasing consumer demand for bigger systems - some EVs have the capacity to feed power back to the home so they operate as additional battery storage

Companies are already starting to adjust to a lower carbon industrialised world. We already have hydrogen powered bus fleets in Australia. Vic Market has been using air-powered vehicles since the 60s. We could have been a part of a new industry but yet again it seems we've missed the boat.

Snake made an interesting post about hydrogen production earlier in the thread so there are still opportunities available for Australian industry.

Half truth.

Happer served as board chair at the Exxon-funded George C. Marshall Institute, which he spun into a new group, the CO2 Coalition. In 2015, he was caught in a sting accepting payment of $250 an hour, to be funneled through his CO2 Coalition, to write a pro-fossil fuel report secretly paid for by what he thought was Middle Eastern oil and Indonesian coal businesses.

Similarly, Peabody Coal donated $8,000 to Happer’s CO2 Coalition in exchange for his testifying at a Minnesota regulatory hearing on the social cost of carbon. “I told Peabody I’d be glad to write testimony for them,” Happer told ClimateWire in December 2015. “And if they want to pay me, I’d be delighted to take the money for our little coalition.”

The CO2 Coalition, established by William Happer, a senior director with the White House National Security Council, has received more than $1 million from energy executives and conservative foundations that fight regulations since it was founded four years ago. The group is stacked with researchers who cast doubt on climate science. Other members have spent years fighting regulations that would reduce fossil fuel consumption.

Almost every single denier could be ***** for conflict of interest.

Thanks for the information.

I see no reason for an opposition not to mobilise and fund an opposition to the hysteria.

That's how the alarmists operate.

What's good for the goose...

LOL a study funded by fossil fuel company...what do you think the conclusion might be 99.99% percent of the time? without even reading it? i am willing to read independent researches from REAL scientists without a conflict of interest and peer reviewed by the same.

What a terrible contribution.
Based on your past few posts, you are really not worth conversing with.

Indignation is often a tactic used to obfuscate.
I note you avoided the question.
If it is incorrect, and directly answered and the insinuation is incorrect, then I will apologise. Here.

In relation to "the last few posts"
Yes, I directly referred to you, to make a point to all, that without personal sacrifice all the bleating and hysteria is wasted hypocrisy.
Given your gifted expertise (as a troll elsewhere on BF) I thought you would be a good choice, as I expected you had a thicker skin.

What have you and other CC alarmists done to change your lifestyle to create a change in use of fossil fuel energy?

Let me know, and I will see if I can kiss it all better for you!

LOL a study funded by fossil fuel company...what do you think the conclusion might be 99.99% percent of the time? without even reading it? i am willing to read independent researches from REAL scientists without a conflict of interest and peer reviewed by the same.
Good thing then that you're not their target audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back