News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

The culture was a shambles. On-field he was okay, but the off-field stuff he decided to not even control it. Eade came in and removed Hunt, Bennell, Dixon, etc who were seen as the main troublemakers. The culture has improved for the better, just need it to become a winning culture, and hopefully a new coach can bring that
Dixon has been exemplary at Port so it was a win win for him and GCS.

If current 'realistic chance' coaches Brad Scott would be my favourite. done a lot with an exceptionally average list.

of ex-coaches I just can't shake the feeling that Voss' AFL story isn't over yet. just think there's more to be written in this book. winners are always winners, and if he didn't go mental with just management in his time at Brisbane, I think his philosophies were alright.
I've always liked the product Ratten put on the field and like B. Scott, he got way more out of that list than he should've.
if the AFL were into it, I'd welcome Hird back with open arms as well.
I'd give Gary Ayres a bell as well.

of the new boys I like Burns a lot.
throw a blanket over everyone else because I don't know enough about them.

of the roughies, David King would be an outstanding head coach, but realise it will never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sure Evans has a couple in mind. Trust him to make the right decision. I definitely think its time for some new blood, and a younger new coach and not someone who has coached before (unless its Clarkson which is 1% chance of happening)

not a huge fan of having a coach depart before the end of the season, as it kind of says "we've thrown in the towel for this year", although i understand the reason for it. my first reaction to the news was anger, i was disappointed that he was let go, when to be honest he was given a pretty rough list to begin with. although, i have faith that evans and the board are trying to make the best decision for the future of our club. sad to see eade go, but anxious to see who we end up getting as a replacement.

Ratten for me is a good mix..
- Already been a senior coach and was stiff to be axed.
- Gone back to work on his craft at a strong club.
- Ready to make an impact again.
sounds oddly familiar to eade when we picked him up originally.

Someone's written on another site the day bluey was sacked Sportsbet had rocket at $34 to be our coach , I guess a fair bit has to play out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I remember that in the early days Bomber Thompson was as low as about $1.40, he was a certainty almost so don't be afraid to take someone who's a bit of value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back