News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I meant your opinion based off that stuff. It's fair to say you believe Dew and Haines gone is what's best right now because of what you know.

Interesting that Haines could be the bigger problem. As much as I loved that win so much it made everything that much more confusing haha

I think it’s time for Haines to go and a football director with experience is needed.. also need to get some good experienced assistant coaches in the off season of dew is staying

What are we hoping for though?

a whole string of honourable losses

we have a stretch that includes Melbourne bulldogs and Brisbane in a row.

of our last 7 games 5 are against top 8 sides

I would say an upset win and to be competitive in those other games. If we can play a good brand of footy and grab 2-3 wins and no floggings I think that’s better than we have finished a season in a long time.
It’s been mentioned here a couple of times but I want to go back to enjoying watching us play, not the footy we have shown for the past 2 months barring last week

I am hoping for a fast attacking ground speed spread high pressure and work rate game style..

it’s shown dews game plan like that has the ability to beat sides like that it’s when the other teams play that way he seems to be out coached and plays the chip chip mark bomb long crate stoppage chip handball turnover that kills us

Hopefully him coaching from the coaches box changes this and he can actually see what’s unfolding

It's a really good question.
I don't know whether he can coach or not or what we are going to deliver from one week to another.
But I've seen enough to know we can play bloody good footy at times.
You hear Clarkson say he changed up their style against us 3 times during the game, but each time we adapted and more than matched them.
You hear Hardwick say that we were ruthless at the contest and our pressure out wide was outstanding. Against Port it was pathetic.
They are the 2 best coaches going around gushing about us.

If the Club's thinking is to extend Stueys term, would Mark Evans, being an ole Hawks man, get in Clarko's ear, regarding his being Head of Football, or something similar. Would be a huge benefit to the Coach and the Club.
Or if they move Stuey on, would he use his past Hawks relationship to sound him out to take over. ........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the giants had kevin sheedy, 4x premiership winning coach, to set the ground work from their first year in the afl.
currently we've had 2x untried head coaches and one coach who's best result was a lost grand final.

never has there been a time where we've had a better opportunity to approach someone like clarkson, a 4x premiership winning coach.
i'm not going to say it's a definite yes we should go after him, but the club absolutely has to do their due diligence and have a look.

Now there's an idea. Clarko Head of Footy... Stewy Head Coach :think:
Few people mentioned that on sen1116 today. General idea would be dew out Clarko in. Dwayne Russell didn’t dismiss the idea of Clarko today Suns and suggested it would help with player retention and attracting players. Was only a couple weeks ago on social media a few suns fans were calling for dew to get the boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back