Colin "Rocky Balboa" Barnett - Working Class Hero Secures Liberal Victory for WA

Remove this Banner Ad

most people who vote don't know the greens policies. (like no military etc). Its a protest vote, or a vote for the environment.
In Forrestfield we had obviously Labor and Liberal, then we had to preference between Greens, Christian Democratic and Family First...I didn't want to favour any of them. They all deserved #5

Anyone who votes for the greens, should be locked up.

Some of their policies are downright scary.

Some of them are brilliant for instance there transport policy is a cut above every other party. Same can be said for there views on homosexuality and i generally agree on things like retrofitting houses and bringing in new design specifications for all new dwellings and as for there economic policy it is rather a vision of what the future on earth will be like in a few hundred years if we don't destroy ourselves first.

Does it say how much they initially raised State taxes in the first term of their tenure, Stamp Duty, Registrations etc. Its more like they have wound back their increases due to voter disgust.

But the Liberals offered limited tax cuts only 250 million over four years. Now i cant see them going through with this if they win the election.

Ill also add that it's impossible not to over tax when the economy goes nuts just after taxes go up, thus the massive cuts.

Thats probably right, but that large sum of money spent on a highway in regional WA services a mining operation that generates Millions for the State Coffers. How about a study on the average $$$ generated per head comparison between City and Country.

Money should be spend on regional centers rather than being thrown deep into the hole of regional WA. Now that i can agree with. The mines might be outside the city but the people live in Perth and around Australia.

The Liberal Party is such a let down, if they could truly promote liberalization of the West Australian economy it would be great but to do so would mean they would be required to leave the old fods image behind and embrace social beliefs that they simply are incapable of.

As for Jeff's rubbish about Barnett being a working class hero, proves that Jeff does not seem to be on the same planet as the rest of us.

Barnett is toffee nosed, not working class.

As for Jeff's rubbish about Barnett being a working class hero, proves that Jeff does not seem to be on the same planet as the rest of us.

Barnett is toffee nosed, not working class.

Toffee nosed, sure, but I'd have to say, if any current Liberal were to become Premier, Barnett's by far my choice. He's at least struck me as competent 90% of the time (with the Canal being a massively glaring counterpoint to that). He was certainly out at the top in terms of competence under the Court government.

(if it were a strict personality contest, I'd pick Barnett over Carpenter every day - but it really shouldn't be anything of the sort)

Toffee nosed, sure, but I'd have to say, if any current Liberal were to become Premier, Barnett's by far my choice. He's at least struck me as competent 90% of the time (with the Canal being a massively glaring counterpoint to that). He was certainly out at the top in terms of competence under the Court government.

(if it were a strict personality contest, I'd pick Barnett over Carpenter every day - but it really shouldn't be anything of the sort)

Well now you've got him for Premier for the next four years. Good luck!!

I think so, sure he's got a string of "off-field" incideints if you like, but Barnett wouldn't give him a decent postion in the shadow cabinet if he thought Buswell couldn't perform well. I think we'll see simularities of Warne in Buswell's past. Strong performers, just had too many party tricks in the closet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty accurate.

If you talk to Buswell, he is actually a few switched on guy, and he could give a speech + talk one on one with an equal level of respect and high performance level. He'll be back, don't worry about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back