Collingwood 2010/11 vs Richmond 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed. Also just imagine Rance's reaction to Brown's contempt shown to Warnock

YDDP2sx.gif

Richmond players help out their team mates,Brown would had 5 players on him by this stage but Brown would know better with big tross breathing down his neck.

The Tigers are very good, but everyone else is pretty s**t this season and, aside from Adelaide, was pretty s**t in 2017. No shame in that, they were the only team to get their list and coaching staff in the right place after Hawthorn's era finished. That Pies side had to beat three teams (Geelong/Hawthorn/St Kilda) that would be a good shot at beating this Richmond side, so I'd vote them given they had to negotiate a tougher field.

Comp very even this year ,it’s just that Richmond don’t get that much credit on fruity footy.

Richmond’s teams beat the Hawks in a few of their premiership years.

I think our defence would be too strong for Collingwood and our team doesn’t rely on a few to kick goals.
Yeah like we did either lol, multiple goal kickers was our strength, we played like you guys are now but with a massive press, forwards hate the press, especially key forwards, Cloke in his prime could've kicked 100 if he played for another team.

There were only 6 points separating 4th from 7th in 2010. The drawn grand final takes a bit of shine off our dominance, but we were bloody good in back end of 2010 and only Geelong could touch us in 2011.

In terms of enhanced results Richmond's easy draw in 2017 enabling them to finish top 4 is the bigger advantage. And yes, we've had an easy draw so far this year, which is a big part of why we currently and surprisingly sit second.

Results vs the top 4 four

|round|result|margin
\Geel| 9 19
PF
| L W
W
| 36 22

\StK| 3 16 GF GF | L W D W | 28 48 - 56
\WB| 1
QF
| W
W
W
|round|result|margin
\Geel| 8
GF
| L
L
L

\Haw| 15
PF
| W
W

\WC| 10
QF
| W
W
|round|result|margin
\Ade| 6 GF | L W | 76 48
\Geel| 21 QF | L W | 14 51
\GWS| 9 18
PF
| L W
W
| 3 19
top 6
|round|result|margin
\Port| 14 | W | 13
\Syd| 13 | L | 9
I've extended to top 6 for 2017 given it was close; conveniently it also gives Richmond the same number of H&A matches as we played against the top 4 in 2010.

H&A vs top 4
Coll (2010) - 6 games, 4 wins, 2 losses
Coll (2011) - 4 games, 2 wins, 2 losses
Rich (2017) - 4 games, 1 win, 3 losses
H&A vs top 6
Coll (2010) - 8 games, 6 wins, 2 losses
Coll (2011) - 8 games, 6 wins, 2 losses
Rich (2017) - 6 games, 2 wins, 4 losses

Sides with more than 10 wins (ie in finals contention)

2010 - a clear top 3, 5 sides battling for fourth, Carlton/North/Port battling for eighth
View attachment 523628

2011 - a clear top 4, Carlton, StKilda/Sydney/Essendon battling for 6-8 with North a bit far away
View attachment 523629

-
6 sides battling for top 4, 5 sides battling for 7-8 with Hawthorn a bit far away
View attachment 523631

Are you doing a school project?

Who knows both extremely similar how they just hit the scene after introducing some kids getting rid of the oldies.

Just don't introduce a success plan.

Collingwood did have 20-2 record in 2011 Richmond won’t be able to match that and the standard of the competition was stronger back then.

Easier to achieve with less teams in the comp.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems like a weird thread given Geelong won the flag in 2011 and pumped the Pies a couple times along the way.

This seems like a weird thread given Geelong won the flag in 2011 and pumped the Pies a couple times along the way.

Is it really a weird type of Richmond thread to see pop up on the MB? :think

Yet in 2018, an ordinary and injury ravaged side currently sits 2nd on the ladder.

With a draw that befits a team which has missed finals for how many years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back