Prediction Collingwood for a 3-peat? Too early?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see them making three grand finals in a row but I’m not sure this group will have the ability to go all the way. That is a less a criticism on the players and more a criticism on the culture entrenched at the club.

Still, having a ceiling that allows you to finish second year on year is very impressive.
I can see Collingwood make back to back grand finals

Why are they filtering out the word 'excuse' now?

Anyway, the issues at the pies are being spoken about on programs this week and their inability to put teams away. Wishing it away won't work until we actually see it.

Doesn't help for them that Sidebottom got injured and De Goey suspended.

They struggles started the game after De Goey's out so I expect them to bounce back when he returns.

Collingwood hasn't exactly put teams to the sword this season and at times looked ordinary against Adelaide for the 2nd time this year. With Port and Brisbane hovering around the top 4, the last thing the Pies need is to end up playing their first final interstate. They still have some work to do this season let alone the next three. They have a difficult run home, they could actually lose 3 or 4 of them?

Collingwood hasn't exactly put teams to the sword this season and at times looked ordinary against Adelaide for the 2nd time this year. With Port and Brisbane hovering around the top 4, the last thing the Pies need is to end up playing their first final interstate. They still have some work to do this season let alone the next three. They have a difficult run home, they could actually lose 3 or 4 of them?
Pies still finish top 2 with 5 or even 6 losses.

I could see Collingwood out in straight sets across the finals over the next few years.

I had not thought that you would devote yourself to watching a modern finals campaign for the last decade or two.

I suppose your past encounters with teams fading in the latter half of the year have provided you with this insight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3c4a738fbb3d7ac0807403075c207173

Something special is brewing at Collingwood
Going to be difficult to beat them come the pointy end of this season and they are only going to get better the next few years.

Their come from behind in the last quarter ability is unmatched and is enough to give them a multi season edge
It’ll take other teams until 2025 to catch up to where Collingwood will be at.
Said the same in 2011. it was ridiculous in hindsight then And at that point they lost only 2 games all season, had a percentage of 160 and already had won a flag. The pies right now are nothing in comparison to that side. Probably wont win the flag this year.

Collingwood is not able to blow away teams and this is significant. It illustrates they are really not far ahead of most challengers. Certainly not blowing away teams like Hawthorn or Geelong were when they were playing in a lot of grand finals.
You dont want to be blowing teams away in June.

Hawks 2012, they had 8 60+ point wins and finished the year with a % of 155...but they didnt win the flag.

Geelong 2008, they had 8 60+ point wins and finished the year with a % of 162...but they didnt win the flag.

Hawks of 2013, they only had 2 60+ point wins and finished the year with a % of 135...they were premiers.

Geelong of 2009, they only had 4 60+ point wins and finished the year with a % of 127...they were premiers.

Pies to date have had 3 60+ point wins and currently have a % of 132.

Like that the Pies a tracking along closer to Hawks 2013 /Cats 2009 instead of the Hawks 2012 / Cats 2008 that were blowing sides away during H&A.

Does the club still sell VHS tapes? Or have they switched to something more modern quarter of a century later?
I still have these somewhere, watched each of them dozens of times, not for over 10 years now though.... ah memories is all we have, hopefully I live long enough to witness the next one.
AFL-Brisbane-Lions-AFC-2001-2002-2003.webp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back