Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He talked a lot but didn't really seem to know what he was talking about. Was getting fed champion data stats clealy and basing a lot of comments around those. His comments on McKay and VW were head scratchers.

Having said that, I think there is a spot for him somewhere in footy media. Just not expert analysis.

Screams boundary rider for me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having said that, I think there is a spot for him somewhere in footy media. Just not expert analysis.

Kind words... His injury updates in the Friday night match were pretty much confirming that the player just shown taken to the rooms had been taken to the rooms, and repeating the main commentators concerns about what the injury might be. And not even with the zany boundary rider self depreciating delivery manner of dipper. Just batshit boring and uninsightful.

I filled up the car at the local servo this morning and was served by a bloke I know well, and who knows I'm North through and through. He's a Swans man and no, he hadn't seen the game but had read reports, from the papers most likely. He was of the impression we'd played our full side and they'd played mostly kids, with any of their notables who did play all benched in the last quarter. "Did any of your kids get a run?" he asked. Jesus!

I filled up the car at the local servo this morning and was served by a bloke I know well, and who knows I'm North through and through. He's a Swans man and no, he hadn't seen the game but had read reports, from the papers most likely. He was of the impression we'd played our full side and they'd played mostly kids, with any of their notables who did play all benched in the last quarter. "Did any of your kids get a run?" he asked. Jesus!
As always there is a serious point here. Fans who didn't go to Coffs Harbour/have Foxtel/watch the insect-sized AFL Live feed/come to Bigfooty don't know that Durdin and Two Dads looked so promising, or that Preuss won in the ruck all day, or that Hrovat and Williams looked like they belonged, or that Higgins is back, or that Ryan Clarke and Atley bolted through the midfield, or that Cunnington won a footrace to get a ball on the wing, or that Jack knocked Hannebury onto his arse, or that Turner jumped through a pack of four defenders to kick a strong goal, or Ben McKay took a couple of strong grabs in slippery conditions, or that after the first quarter the boys in royal blue and white swarmed like shinboners to attack the ball and their opposition and make a contest of pretty much everything.

All I can hope is that plenty of supporters who didn't see any of that might also think beating Sydney in the preseason is a good thing and take from that the optimism we got from the game itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they given a response, or are you still waiting?

They're not done with Dinny yet.

spanking_zpsjwvgaphy.gif

They'll hopefully respond soon.

For those getting their footy info from social media or in any media really, it reads like a bunch of plucky Sydney kids nearly pinched victory from a lucky North Melbourne and now all North supporters are queuing for Grand Final tickets.
Dunno about you but I've already pitched a tent outside Hardin St in anticipation

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back