Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will always be indebted to JB, love the bloke. You don’t find it a little odd how he nearly barracks for our opposition? He’s gotta be more balanced than that.

Every time I hear anybody say anything good about the opposition, it grates on me and my initial reaction is they’re biased against us. I never notice anything good they say about us. The fact is, over the past 15 years, Sydney have been much more impressive than us. Commentators are going to state words to that effect. JB is a commentator. I’m expecting things to change for the better in the immediate future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam McLure got arse reamed.

Excellent viewing.
Was there more to it than this?
I am not fan of either of those arse clowns, but Brown spoke sense for once in his life and Beaker the Muppet showed again how thin skinned journos are.

I can't believe I was impressed by what Luke Darcy said!!

McClure is a clown. Lets frame him for something then spend every minute of his life following him with a camera just to see how he reacts.

They can't help themselves. It's almost habit against us now that they only way they can get points off us down here is to have an extra on the ground in one way or the other.
I guess saying they cheating won’t mean much .

McClure is a dill, and he and Browne represent the kind of media intrusion and self-importance most of us hate, but if as I've heard the TV media in this case had arranged to be able to film as long as they didn't try to get an interview with Naitanui, they should have be allowed to do that in peace.

McClure is a dill, and he and Browne represent the kind of media intrusion and self-importance most of us hate, but if as I've heard the TV media in this case had arranged to be able to film as long as they didn't try to get an interview with Naitanui, they should have be allowed to do that in peace.
There was nothing to be achieved in pushing the cameras away. Naitanui is the biggest star in WA footy, he's knows it and he knows he'll be filmed. If not for the intervention of the integrity manager (full-time job at West Coast...), then it would have been completely uneventful footage that ran for about two seconds on the TV news.

It's always the cover-up that gets you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cross-posted from History Thread:

New podcast series from Adam Collins, Daniel Brettig and Shannon Gill on the 1993 AFL season, called The Greatest Season That Was: 93.

The first episode is about NMFC: https://omny.fm/shows/the-greatest-season-that-was-93/episode-2-north-melbourne

Just a month out from the 1993 season North Melbourne were in tatters, the so-called next big things had stalled. A bad 1992 and now a 147 point thrashing in the Pre-Season Fosters Cup by the Crows saw coach Wayne Schimmelbusch sacked with just weeks until the season proper started. So how did a club that had no money, no coach and no captain turn it all around within 6 weeks to be top of the AFL ladder and the new glamour team of 1993 . We talk to North Melbourne football supreme Greg Miller about the events of 1993 and how its legacy turned North Melbourne into the team of the 90s.

Interesting stuff from Heath in the podcast regarding Damien Barrett helping him with the North staying South Doco. That would explain why he has been writing good stuff about North this year.

There was a moment in the 2nd when we kicked long from the members wing towards the opposite forward pocket (Swans race side)

My first reaction was ‘Ah s**t’ as I thought it was (yet another) kick directly to the opposition.

That’s what it seemed like at first glance till the pink bastard pissed off out of the free space in our forward line.

<EDIT>
Got a feeling this just MIGHT be in the wrong thread......:rolleyes:
</EDIT>

Last edited:
Was there more to it than this?
I am not fan of either of those arse clowns, but Brown spoke sense for once in his life and Beaker the Muppet showed again how thin skinned journos are.

Yes funny comment from brown that McClure makes up s**t

Yes funny comment from brown that McClure makes up s**t
I'm not as hard on footy journos as some - they are, after all, just doing their job - but considering how hard they are on others for the slightest indiscretion, jeez some of them are frightfully precious.

HAHA, give me a spell Caro you ******* slug.

"I meant page boy and squire in the medieval sense definition not henchman in the faithful follower, one prepared to engage in violence ...."

I guess if Hutchy calls her a **** on SEN on live radio he can say he just thought her journalistic standards were: "a woman with low standards of cleanliness."

If the shoe was on the other foot she would be baying for blood.

Sos probably wanted to offer her a contract to play, at this rate she could get a game over his poor old son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back