CONFIRMED: #9 Shaun Grigg to Richmond for Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite is elite. That's right at the top.
You don't have to be elite to be above average.
Best 22 in a side for 7 years culminating in a premiership. Doesn't sound average to me.

Poor disposal courage questionable one sided.

Jarod Blair Sam Butler Mat Spangher Sharrod Wellingham Will Langford Shannon Byrnes so on and so on
How many of those mentioned , finished twice in the top 5 b and f, -- finished 6th in the band f,---,,and twice 9th in the b and f,,, ???, also if grigga is as average as you say,,
Then dimma who rates him the smartest player on our list must be clueless , ,,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player leaving the Tigers in acrimonious circumstance. Probably happened with Raines, Cloke and BT in the day.
They all had good reasons to leave , i never begrudged them for there decision ,,,
We were a ******* rabble off the field in those days

Always had a pretty low ceiling and some obvious deficiencies, but he's carved out a pretty handy career has ol' Griggy.

Andy Collins was dreadful at Carlton (and to be fair he'd only really shown a few signs at Richmond, including 1 or 2 BOG's) and never looked up to the pace when he broke into the senior team. Had a few injuries understandably, but his footy IQ was pretty poor and for a small forward he didn't have a lot of pace.

Grigg in hindsight was the perfect guy to bring in at that point of the Tigers rebuild. Cheap, AFL-ready with senior experience and added immediate depth while their young midfielders were developing. Astute pickup.

Last edited:
Yeah, good effort at the English language there mate.
Grigg has made a decent career for himself, winning a flag is something not many players get to do.

Still, I don't rate him very highly though and haven't ever wondered what could have been if he was not to have left.
EFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back