List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been discussed previously, but is there any chance we could have a crack at getting Bolton off the Tigers? He is young enough to grow with the group we are assembling and brings experience and sheer high end talent.

Is it possible?
Would love it but he's contracted until 2028.
Can't see Richmond letting him go.

He's probably their best player now.

Not sure if this has been discussed previously, but is there any chance we could have a crack at getting Bolton off the Tigers? He is young enough to grow with the group we are assembling and brings experience and sheer high end talent.

Is it possible?
We ask the following questions

• Is he RFA/UFA; No
  • Is he out of contract; No
  • What would we need to give up, more than Round 1 pick; Yes

and because of that No, unfortunately not. He wont be coming to our club.

Pick 1 or 2 now, would not be split for Shai Bolton just doesnt serve us and where we are as a club- If we were in Fremantle position then yes, we would move planets to get him in the door.

The same answer is for Baker too, unless Richmond accepts Round 2 or we actually walk one of these guys to the PSD which never happens.

Would you guys throw a big deal at Bailey Smith? His profile is pretty much what our midfield badly lacks, elite two way runner who can also hit the scoreboard and has outside / inside capabilities.

Obviously it’s very unlikely he’d come here, but I think the best thing for his career is getting out of Victoria.

Would you guys throw a big deal at Bailey Smith? His profile is pretty much what our midfield badly lacks, elite two way runner who can also hit the scoreboard and has outside / inside capabilities.

Obviously it’s very unlikely he’d come here, but I think the best thing for his career is getting out of Victoria.
Through the PSD yes, otherwise no way.

• Is he RFA/UFA; No

Pick 1 or 2 now, would not be split for Shai Bolton just doesnt serve us and where we are as a club- If we were in Fremantle position then yes, we would move planets to get him in the door.

The same answer is for Baker too, unless Richmond accepts Round 2 or we actually walk one of these guys to the PSD which never happens.
exactly.
1. Older than 25? Yes.
2. Free agent? No.

No deal.

I dont know his character, but as long as he would fit in with the young crew we have then id offer something big. Dont want him to be a bad influence on the young guys, if theres any chance of that then pass. He hasnt exactly given off the best impression in recent years.
Could try to split our first pick and offer something around pick 10 maybe? Moneywise just offer whatever gets it done

Trainor was deservedly named best on ground in this game for the AFL Academy. He wasnt flawless, but showed his strength in the air and on the ground as well as his intelligent judgement in when to leave his man to impact third up or run off to create for his team.

- Looks like its taking longer than usual to process up to HD, give it a few mins if that matters to you.

Trainor was deservedly named best on ground in this game for the AFL Academy. He wasnt flawless, but showed his strength in the air and on the ground as well as his intelligent judgement in when to leave his man to impact third up or run off to create for his team.

- Looks like its taking longer than usual to process up to HD, give it a few mins if that matters to you.

What did you think of the game overall?

• Is he RFA/UFA; No

Not never there has been 2 in the last few years with Jack Martin and Jackson Hately and Nick Stevens and Jade Rawlings from years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you think of the game overall?
I normally expect the Academy games to be poor quality so I wasnt as disappointed as some. They get a short period to gel as a team, and they try and rotate a lot to give everyone a chance to play midfield. Its inevitable that it leads to a disjointed performance. I thought it was a more enjoyable watch than the first academy game last season against port. I think last year everyone was just mesmerized watching Harley destroy the game, the rest of it wasnt great.

Is it possible?

Anything is possible.

Just not likely.

Bolton is the exact outside mid type we need. And Dan Rioli the running type halfback.

Just need to find them in the draft. What picks did these two go?

Anything is possible.

Just not likely.

Bolton is the exact outside mid type we need. And Dan Rioli the running type halfback.

Just need to find them in the draft. What picks did these two go?

He really is a seriously great player, I would inquire as I would give up a high draft pick for him.

I view Simmo and Bevo as a bit similar, in that they can come up with a great gameplan to take their team to the top, but are too stubborn to adapt quickly when it becomes obsolete.

The Eagles has finished top 4 only twice under Simmo. Both times we finished second (2015 and 2018) and made the GF.

Bulldogs have never made top 4 but still made two GFs.
Nah, I reckon they are completely different.

SImpson is a structured, game plan coach who's fault turned out to be inflexibility in changing the game (too late) and moving the magnets - despite his early success being built on exact that.

Beveridge did something different with the rapid ball movement by hand and momentum which was perfected by Richmond. But his game plan was always managed chaos and his 'moving the magnets' truly insane at times.

Incredible motivator, but an ordinary coach imo. Just no consistency and that's why they've never put together an home/away season.

Simpson's home and away record from WA with a list that was never quite A+ was quite impressive.

I'm very ready for a change, but I think Simpson is a proper coach that would have flagged with any of the almost teams, Brisbane, Port, Giants - Bulldogs if you count them.

It’s this the same guy that used a doctors note during the draft interviews to avoid leaving Victoria 😂

Yeah we’re not in the running for any of those I would have thought. Would be VERY happy with buss and Garcia. If I was them I’d see what Sydney or Freo would give for Naughton. Their spine would be fine with JUH, Darcy, English, Jones, JOD and Buku with Croft also developing nicely. They may have backed themselves into a corner with that ridiculous contract though.

We should give an Offer to Ed Richards , would love to pick him up ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I listen to a comedy footy podcast hosted by a dogfies and saints fans.
They were discussing who from each club the other needs.
"St kilda need, good skills that can hit targets.
Baily smith is a great mid?"
'Yea but he doesn't solve that clean user problem' 😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back