List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
If you have the first pick, hell if you have a top 10 pick, you take the best talent available, you don't draft for need. Can sort that out with other picks.
Or you could do a North and just not recruit for need at all.
At some point they're just shuffling midfielders on to the back and forward flanks for the sake of recruiting "best available".

So can we all agree Carlton are the template for a rebuilding club?

Not crows and I wouldn't say Melbourne. As I think melb got lucky with Clayton.

Carlton nailed their high draft picks. Walsh/Weitering. We need to just not botch our extremely high draft picks in the range of 1-6.

We are on the right track. With 1/1 with Harley reid

Last edited:

Carlton nailed their high draft picks. Walsh/Weitering. We need to just not botch our extremely high draft picks in the range of 1-6.
2015 AFL Draft.
RoundPickDrafted ByPlayerCurrent TeamGames Since
Drafted
1​
1​
166​
1​
2​
76​
1​
3​
155​
1​
4​
171​
1​
5​
157​
1​
6​
70​
1​
7​
GWS
133​
1​
8​
124​
1​
9​
75​
1​
10​
116​
1​
11​
99​
1​
12​
119​

Ginbey and hewett will be all good
Got good footy smarts and defo drive

i see Jack graham came down with a hamstring after just coming back from injury. Another reason not to get him.

Interesting option put forward by a Tigers supporter as a straight swap for Baker:

“However if we were to target a player swap to build up our list, I'd be asking about the following players”

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid

I'd say Ryan Maric is 0% chance but would anyone entertain the other ones?
Chesser - where do I sign?

Did any WAFL watchers see Scaife vs the Beagles today? Looking at the stats 5 touches in a 92 point win doesn’t do his MSD chances any good, was he injured? Howes had a shocker for South Adelaide, my boy Hopkins had 27 touches and 9 rebound 50s for the Stingrays who got pumped by Tassie.

Did any WAFL watchers see Scaife vs the Beagles today? Looking at the stats 5 touches in a 92 point win doesn’t do his MSD chances any good, was he injured? Howes had a shocker for South Adelaide, my boy Hopkins had 27 touches and 9 rebound 50s for the Stingrays who got pumped by Tassie.
Hopkins position is the clear need for us.

Have to make it happen. Too many list cloggers currently on ours to not.

Can we wait till Carlton win a few finals first?

Odd stance to take.

Team who nailed high draft pick and won premiership got lucky

Team who nailed a few high draft picks but have underwhelmed for years are the blueprint

Takeaway - yeah we need to get quality players with high picks, busts set you back.

Reid, obviously nailed it. The trade down the previous year is looking good too (Sheezel and Wardlaw look quality, but so do the 2 we have). Need another this year and also some more Long/Maric type wins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd stance to take.

Team who nailed high draft pick and won premiership got lucky

Team who nailed a few high draft picks but have underwhelmed for years are the blueprint

Takeaway - yeah we need to get quality players with high picks, busts set you back.

Reid, obviously nailed it. The trade down the previous year is looking good too (Sheezel and Wardlaw look quality, but so do the 2 we have). Need another this year and also some more Long/Maric type wins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we stop taking about “nailing” high draft picks?

Weitering and Walsh were clear standouts in their draft year. Using pick 1 on them was the easiest job in AFL recruiting.

Likewise Reid.

Carlton nailed their spine in 2015 which has held them in good stead, but they absolutely bottled multiple drafts.

SPs at 6, Dow at 3, O’Brien at 10, the Stocker trade.

They nailed key posts and then traded their way bay to relevance. Saad, Hewett, Cerra, Acres, even the McGovern trade has come good in the end.

Anyone catch a glimpse of Bo Allan in last week's match?

He could really bolt if he can look like that @ the championships.
Big if admittedly, but he's 191cm and has a ridiculous athletic profile
He’s someone to certainly keep an eye on. I thought some of his efforts last year went under the radar and he’s had a solid start to this year already.

Anyone catch a glimpse of Bo Allan in last week's match?

He could really bolt if he can look like that @ the championships.
Big if admittedly, but he's 191cm and has a ridiculous athletic profile
Yeah looks the modern prototype for a winger in the modern game .

Fast , good kick , tall enough to take overhead marks and can also win his own ball .

Think he will go at similar pick as his brother 12-20 after his combine results make everyone weak at the knees

If we want to bring in more AFL ready bodies one id target is Alex Davies from Gold Coast. Caught in a logjam at Gold Coast. Was a possible top 5 pick in his draft year. Think Gold Coast would take a future 2nd rounder for him and let him leave given his lack of opportunity

Would be a certain best 22 and fits a need of some tough tackling in our midfield

I feel like the list of potential delistees is becoming easier and easier by each WAFL game to be honest. We do probably need to bring forward some picks to fill in a bit of that 21-24 gap we have and we probably do need more then 1 body traded in. We need a minimum 2 but id like 3 if im being honest.

I think Sheldrick is a 100% no brainer. Davies for me one of the 2 and for that third we probably need to look at a small defender of some sort

Yeah looks the modern prototype for a winger in the modern game .

Fast , good kick , tall enough to take overhead marks and can also win his own ball .

Think he will go at similar pick as his brother 12-20 after his combine results make everyone weak at the knees

Bo isn’t related to Ed

I feel like the list of potential delistees is becoming easier and easier by each WAFL game to be honest. We do probably need to bring forward some picks to fill in a bit of that 21-24 gap we have and we probably do need more then 1 body traded in. We need a minimum 2 but id like 3 if im being honest.

I think Sheldrick is a 100% no brainer. Davies for me one of the 2 and for that third we probably need to look at a small defender of some sort
Which might not be fair. The team is propped up by non-WAFL standard players, which makes everything fall down. It would be like dumping some of our new recruits last year because the AFL team was getting spanked and they didn’t look great.

That said, I didn’t see the game but 25 possessions and two goals for Culley is promising, as is 23 disposals for Burgiel and 20 for Hall.

Which might not be fair. The team is propped up by non-WAFL standard players, which makes everything fall down. It would be like dumping some of our new recruits last year because the AFL team was getting spanked and they didn’t look great.

That said, I didn’t see the game but 25 possessions and two goals for Culley is promising, as is 23 disposals for Burgiel and 20 for Hall.
It is fair. The effort is a bigger issue then the talent unfortunately and because of that, we need to move some on and get proven performers in instead

“There’s been talk around industry circles that Andrew Gaff might be nudged into retirement. Now, I’ve spoken to people close to him today, (and) there’s absolutely no way that’s going to happen. He hasn’t been asked it, and he actually would like to play on somewhere next year. Whether that’s likely to happen (or not), I’m not quite sure."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back