List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

“There’s been talk around industry circles that Andrew Gaff might be nudged into retirement. Now, I’ve spoken to people close to him today, (and) there’s absolutely no way that’s going to happen. He hasn’t been asked it, and he actually would like to play on somewhere next year. Whether that’s likely to happen (or not), I’m not quite sure."
Would he be an UFA after this year? If not would be nice for a club dumb enough to give a 3rd rd pick for him or upgrade to 3rd rd pick

Would he be an UFA after this year? If not would be nice for a club dumb enough to give a 3rd rd pick for him or upgrade to 3rd rd pick
Pure fantasy if it's true that he thinks he can contribute at this level again. Classic case of not knowing when to hang up the boots.
No way a team pays anything for him..anything

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Ryan can't jump, what is the point anymore?

He's lost 5-10 metres in his kicking as well.

I told people he had lost his jump last year. Has to reinvent himself hopefully, improve his fitness and intent and he could finish his career as a pretty good HB. Was horrendous today, particularly in the first half. Pitiful even.

He's lost 5-10 metres in his kicking as well.

I told people he had lost his jump last year. Has to reinvent himself hopefully, improve his fitness and intent and he could finish his career as a pretty good HB. Was horrendous today, particularly in the first half. Pitiful even.
Oops I posted this in the wrong thread.
Embarrassed The Office GIF by Justin

Wouldn't it be nice for the person kicking out from goal to be able to kick long knowing someone could mark it, instead of it coming straight back into D50. I miss Dean Cox.
I think that's where English could prove useful.

Williams has been quite good at field marking this year, got badly beaten today and couldn’t find a way.
Darcy Cameron could have easily been an Eagle, at no cost………..ahhh the benefits of hindsight.

Our biggest issue is getting smashed out of centre bounces.

English is a pathetic CBD ruckman.

Personally, I'd rather the ruck halve/win CBDs and not have to rely on him being an outlet kick from a behind.

Agree about the centre bounce however English is clearly a better ruckman than Williams. He is also a far superior link up player with both marking a kicking skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree about the centre bounce however English is clearly a better ruckman than Williams. He is also a far superior link up player with both marking a kicking skills.
No argument from me on that but Williams isn't supposed to be our main ruckman anyway. Let's see how Flynn goes first.

He's as soft as butter and has a history of concussions.

Will also cost us around a million a year if the media talk is to be believed.

That's a hard pass from me.

Ryan’s highlight reel will be of his hangers, but his best work when he was AA was up and back and his speed and his ball use kicking inside 50.
And while his hangers are great to see, they’re not really part of the job description for a small forward. Too often he would fly against the KPFs when he’d be more valuable crumbing.

So it’ll be interesting to see how his post-hammies game develops. He may well have lost not only his leap but also his some of his pace. In which case he’s going to have to play smarter. Or maybe move to another position?

He's as soft as butter and has a history of concussions.

Will also cost us around a million a year if the media talk is to be believed.

That's a hard pass from me.

English might be as soft as butter but Williams is butter left out in the sun for a week… he was murdered by Darcy Cameron, hardly the top tier of ruckman in the league… he was mirdered by Witt’s.. he is soundly beaten 5weeks out of 6 in the middle and offers nothing around the ground…

The quicker Flynn is up and going the better..

I’d still get English and play him centre half forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

English might be as soft as butter but Williams is butter left out in the sun for a week… he was murdered by Darcy Cameron, hardly the top tier of ruckman in the league… he was mirdered by Witt’s.. he is soundly beaten 5weeks out of 6 in the middle and offers nothing around the ground…

The quicker Flynn is up and going the better..

I’d still get English and play him centre half forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Williams has had some shockers this year and isn't physically big enough against the big boys.

I'd stay away from English at all cost.

What happens when Flynn is back with the 2nd ruck .

Jack Williams seems a much better forward than bailey.

Waterman has cemented his spot and maric is a beautiful kick and superior around the ground
Exactly! Bailey doesn’t play. Been saying it all year but admittedly the rise of Waterman and JWilliams was higher than expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back