List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Thanks to the 4 who agreed we got dudded.
If you don't agree cool but I haven't seen anything to say otherwise. Yesterday's game good example

Who would you have taken instead?

Hobbs who made it well known he didn’t want to leave Vic (he would have requested a trade back by now)

Sinn - he’s played what, 6 games

Sheldrick? Yeah he has had a couple of good games but hardly dominated regularly.

JVR and Johnson the obvious 2, but that is a bit revisionist (other clubs passed on them also). Could have traded back in for them at the expense of Hough, Bazzo or JWilliams but glad we didn’t.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last question from me.

Why is Simmo reluctant to put Chesser on ball, despite playing pretty well there in the pre-season?

Heard on here that Tiges will ask about Chesser if Baker requests a trade to us.

How quickly would we shut that down?

Discussions revolved around Chesser playing outside it was felt that spot played to his running and kicking strengths. Doesn't mean to say he won't get opportunities inside going forward but he needs to learn certain running patterns.

Clubs always enquire about player availability - that's the way nowdays.

Chesser seems really settled here so it would be surprising if he requested to leave.

Discussions revolved around Chesser playing outside it was felt that spot played to his running and kicking strengths. Doesn't mean to say he won't get opportunities inside going forward but he needs to learn certain running patterns.

Chesser seems really settled here so it would be surprising if he requested to leave.

Beautiful. Seems like a great young man, who is just starting to find his feet at AFL level. Definitely agree his running patterns are an area of improvement. Thought I saw some growth in that area on the weekend. Was getting to better spots.

Thanks Bond

Using our 2nd rounder is much better value on Buss than splitting our first on Baker.

BOND 007 - I think there is a strong list of RFA/FA in positions of need this year.

Has the club identified any of those to strongly pursue. (Perryman is all class and a way better value option than Baker imo)

Good running half backs with good kicking and decision making skills are critical nowdays.

Perryman the person and Perryman the footballer would be a good addition to any side.

If you don’t mind giving your personal thoughts on whether a good and available HBF such as Hopkins in the MSD or Travaglia at the end of the year would be on the club’s radar I’d be deeply appreciative. Even just how you personally view them as players would be warmly received. A huge area of need in my view.

I've sort of answered that above. Clubs tag players off half back nowdays because of what they set up - Stewart, Clark, Whitfield etc.

WC don't currently have a mid season pick so Hopkins is a bit of a moot point - but the kid can play. Travaglia similarly but I think there are others that will be mentioned in the next few months as well.

I've sort of answered that above. Clubs tag players off half back nowdays because of what they set up - Stewart, Clark, Whitfield etc.

WC don't currently have a mid season pick so Hopkins is a bit of a moot point - but the kid can play. Travaglia similarly but I think there are others that will be mentioned in the next few months as well.
We don’t have a pick at the moment but we will very soon if there’s a player we want. Glad to know they are in the thoughts, both would be great additions to the club and thanks for assessment.

Who would you have taken instead?

Hobbs who made it well known he didn’t want to leave Vic (he would have requested a trade back by now)

Sinn - he’s played what, 6 games

Sheldrick? Yeah he has had a couple of good games but hardly dominated regularly.

JVR and Johnson the obvious 2, but that is a bit revisionist (other clubs passed on them also). Could have traded back in for them at the expense of Hough, Bazzo or JWilliams but glad we didn’t.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's not about who I'd take. I am purely commenting that he isn't afl standard atm.
Should earn his games instead of being gifted!

We can only hope!!

It's not about who I'd take. I am purely commenting that he isn't afl standard atm.
Should earn his games instead of being gifted!

Of your 847 posts to date, how many do you reckon are taking pot shots at Campbell Chesser?

I reckon it’d be over 800.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another massive game from Smillie who can't be contained by teams at this level. He was a little more subdued at stoppage than usual and his defensive pressure was down, but he was hugely effective on the spread pumping the footy inside the 50 thirteen times and kicking a couple of goals. One of those majors put his team ahead on the scoreboard with 2 minutes to go.

Old mate noober stumbling into this thread with something useful to say like:

Oh No Fire GIF

Better then your ratio of 49,000 and 35,000 talking about me mate

I must’ve been talking about you a fair bit in the 14 years between me joining and you joining.

“We need you to work on parts of your game Campbell”
“Like what”
“Running in a straight line for one”

I mean cmon. I believe that’s no more than buying what’s being sold. The club do push this narrative for sure but deep down we all know no one goes to the match committee table and is like “yeah he ran okay so I think we should select him”. A bit more to it than this. He can have running patterns that look like a combination of Mosart and Usain Bolt but until he learns how to get to contests and impact them it’s just hyperbole fluff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back