List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to be short of mids but your advocating trading sheed to get another mid ?

Brander is the one . Still contracted for next year but is behind darling Allen waterman and Williams for a forward role .

Brander and Melbourne would make sense but what player would even think of getting traded there?

Unless Brander plays some outstanding football his trade value is low.

Petro sure, hooefully he can come back and play some decent footy.

We have a couple of years drafts and trade periods to focus on mids. We cant keep drafting quality talls with what we already have surely?

We just won’t get value for Brander and clubs will look to get him for a bargain. Doubt we’d get offered much more than a third rounder, unless he can have a strong end to the year. We’d just get low ball offers from blokes like Wells.

Will be one of those situations where during the trade period the list manager of the other club will be like “he’s no good, can barely get a game for you, we are doing you a favour, just take the third rounder”. Then trade goes through and the list manager is on trade radio like: “we are so happy to bring in a player of Jarrod’s quality to the club. He’s a former first round pick who is athletic and skilful. He has been in the system afew years and is ready to explode”.

Last edited:

I'd lose my mind if we traded Brander for a 3rd rounder, or even a 2nd rounder.

We had our chance. He needs to play, and play consistently. So much upside with him, despite him taken the mantle of new Marsden.

WC rate him to much to let him slip for anything less than a top 10 pick.

I don't think we'd even let him go for that. Drafting him has compromised our position now we've grabbed TK as well. I reckon we'll hold onto Brander at all costs. He's a couple of years in the system now. If someone comes knocking when he's turning it on in 2-3 years and we can cover for him - fine. But the offer would need to be great.

Given our richness of talls I'm not against building up their value and trading for needs.

We just won’t get value for Brander and clubs will look to get him for a bargain. Doubt we’d get offered much more than a third rounder, unless he can have a strong end to the year. We’d just get low ball offers from blokes like Wells.

Will be one of those situations where during the trade period the list manager of the other club will be like “he’s no good, can barely get a game for you, we are doing you a favour, just take the third rounder”. Then trade goes through and the list manager is on trade radio like: “we are so happy to bring in a player of Jarrod’s quality to the club. He’s a former first round pick who is athletic and skilful. He has been in the system afew years and is ready to explode”.
100% this

I don't think we'd even let him go for that. Drafting him has compromised our position now we've grabbed TK as well. I reckon we'll hold onto Brander at all costs. He's a couple of years in the system now. If someone comes knocking when he's turning it on in 2-3 years and we can cover for him - fine. But the offer would need to be great.

Given our richness of talls I'm not against building up their value and trading for needs.

Sydney may be the one.

They are struggling badly with injury to key talls and some of these are well into their 30's.

The last trade we did worked well both ways, Sinclair for Jetta. Silly thing is we've needed a ruck every since we did it.

Who or what would Sydney offer?

Warner or Taylor plus a future 2nd?

Picks this season are diluted with all the kids linked to clubs.

Sydney may be the one.

They are struggling badly with injury to key talls and some of these are well into their 30's.

The last trade we did worked well both ways, Sinclair for Jetta. Silly thing is we've needed a ruck every since we did it.

Who or what would Sydney offer?

Warner or Taylor plus a future 2nd?

Picks this season are diluted with all the kids linked to clubs.
Warner would be my desire.

We seriously lack a hard inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is against decent rucks he just gets destroyed. I also think we have our next generation rucks already in the squad.
Yep we do well in developing our own talls. Williams and jamerson are the future .
It would take huge cash and picks to get English .

To think that the year prior to him being drafted we almost got English nominated before anyone even knew who he was .

If it wasn't for an address error on his form compared to his affiliated feeder club we could have got him as a rookie .

We do lack developing midfielders, current crop is outstanding (well not earlier this year) but midfielders coming through are limited.
Both O'Neill boys I would class as developing midfielders, and I don't think we've seen the best of Ainsworth. Braywsahw I would also consider developing.
We,ve got the balance just right, of course it would be great to pick up the number 1 draft pick each year, but we've never had that and still manage to rack up the premierships.
For what it's worth, I think that Mitchell O'Neill will prove to be a gem.

Both O'Neill boys I would class as developing midfielders, and I don't think we've seen the best of Ainsworth. Braywsahw I would also consider developing.
We,ve got the balance just right, of course it would be great to pick up the number 1 draft pick each year, but we've never had that and still manage to rack up the premierships.
For what it's worth, I think that Mitchell O'Neill will prove to be a gem.
Both Ainsworth and Brayshaw will be 22 in 2020. How much longer do we classify 22 year old mids as “developing”?

The current recruitment team have been brilliant with our talls but awful in drafting mids. We have had to trade for most of our mids - Kelly, Yeo and Redden. Shuey and Gaff were drafted over 10 years ago.

In the WAFL games last year, I rated Subiaco, South Fremantle and Claremont midfield as streets ahead of our “developing” crop.

Handball was but look at the set-up. Doomed to failure.

Naita and Yeo put zero body work into trying to give Sheed some space. Shuey was behined the Lions ruckman and Gaff was plauing behind his man on the outside too.

In fact the more it loops the shitter Naitas effort looks.

Looks like he just landed from the ruck tap.
I defy any ruck in the league to be able to get their bearings on an opposition player behind them in that situation.

Both Ainsworth and Brayshaw will be 22 in 2020. How much longer do we classify 22 year old mids as “developing”?

The current recruitment team have been brilliant with our talls but awful in drafting mids. We have had to trade for most of our mids - Kelly, Yeo and Redden. Shuey and Gaff were drafted over 10 years ago.

In the WAFL games last year, I rated Subiaco, South Fremantle and Claremont midfield as streets ahead of our “developing” crop.
I don't think it is unreasonable to classify players in their 3rd AFL season as developing (even someone like TK who obviously came to us at an elite level already).

We've been high on the ladder both of their previous seasons also (and whilst it doesn't stop opportunity for younger players it often limits it as naturally you are going to have older/established players playing well if you are competing).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone know anything about Patrick Cripps brother Josh Cripps?

Is he a KPP or Midfielder like his brother. Noticed he measures in at 197cm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe he popped his knee playing for Aquinas in a scratch match earlier this year ... season over.

Not sure where he plays, as I haven't seen him play, but from memory of what I heard he is not a midfielder.

What the hell ...... get him on our list and get his brother back home to keep him company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back