Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what's going on with list sizes

No idea what's going on with TPP

No idea what's going on with Rioli

EDIT: He smokes pot

No idea what's going on with Venables

It's almost like we need to get an answer to a couple of these things before the trade period starts, in one week.

No idea what's going on with list sizes

No idea what's going on with TPP

No idea what's going on with Rioli

EDIT: He smokes pot

No idea what's going on with Venables

It's almost like we need to get an answer to a couple of these things before the trade period starts, in one week.
Yeah was thinking how late they can leave an announcement before the free agency/trade period starts. must be doing the clubs head in

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Obviously my idea was half-baked - maybe we pay them for the privilege via cash or draft picks?

Or, you know, we flex on the minnow clubs?

If they received the player for free and a guaranteed minimum time... like 2 seasons? then it could be interesting. Gives flexibility on salary cap or just salary in general for the poor clubs. Also an opportunity to convince a young gun to join your squad.
Unfortunately any loan idea would be heavily biased to Victorian sides given the number of teams locally so...🚮

Yeah was thinking how late they can leave an announcement before the free agency/trade period starts. must be doing the clubs head in

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

"Patrick, we can keep the list sizes as is if you and the other top 100 take a 3% paycut"
"3 percent huh, let me consult my art dealer, nope he says he has like 2 walls still empty without any paintings on them, ill have to pass"

I don't hold out much hope for Brander becoming a genuine CHF/FF who can replace Kennedy or Darling. He's taken a few decent marks so far in his career, but I don't think he has the necessary aggression or confidence to play as a spearhead forward relied upon to take contested marks or kick goals consistently. As Jimmy mentioned, he's still yet to kick a goal at senior level.

His strengths are his pace, agility, hands and kicking skills for someone his size. As much as it is a dirty name around here, he has a lot of similarities with Jack Watts, who also struggled to fit in as a key forward at senior level.

I think his role ought to be as an intercepting and rebounding defender, similar to Andrew Mackie. I think Brander and Rotham are athletic enough to play in a backline alongside Gov and Barrass without it becoming too tall and slow, particularly once Hurn retires.

The alternative would be to play him as a high leading forward-cum-midfielder, similar to the role that Tom Lynch played at Adelaide alongside Walker, McGovern and Jenkins. Waterman seems to have this role sewn up, however.

Is any big forward actually attractive? I think its a key point in drafting one. He has to have the face of a mules ass otherwise he wont make it
Reckon most ladies would have swooned for M Lloyd back in the day. One of the best FFs I’ve seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d get inside a tent if Jack Darling asked me to.

I’d delete my account if Callum Wilson took his pants off

Bats are awesome! I live in Donnybrook and i have micro bats fly in my house once or twice a month. I corall them out and they go on their way. Keep the flying insects down and dont harm me at all

Oh so you are a Donnybrook boy! Great. It was my hometown through primary school and junior high school - a long time ago now, but I still remember the families around there, like the Athertons and Clifford's.
I guess you follow the mighty Dons - the Donnybrook version, that is.
I love that country, and if I can will get back there for my last days. Peter Hearman was a team mate of mine in our junior football days. 😃 I believe he is the club president nowadays.

I’d get inside a tent if Jack Darling asked me to.
Pretty sure you'd get inside Jack darling if a tent asked you to.
See the source image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back