List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an increasing number of posts in the preseason training thread that were contract/drafting related. They had little or nothing to do with training and were interrupting the flow of that thread
Now it contains only the rightful content: discussion of scrotal terminology.

Webster and Graham both don’t fill me with much optimism but who knows

It’s always difficult gauging the effectiveness of assistant coaches from the outside. I remember people not being too fussed when Longmuir left at the end of 2017 but Collingwood spoke glowingly of him and now he’s a senior coach in his own right

That said I share your concerns with Webster. Graham on the other hand I think has done a good job with the forwards in the last 2-3 years and I feel he’ll do with the backs.

Graham seems to live or at least exemplify the current Eagles' culture very well. Feel he is highly valued within the club.

Webster and Graham both don’t fill me with much optimism but who knows
Graham I am happy and confident with.

Webster, not so much

Second ever Eagles jumper I owned was a royal wings that I decided to slap a #22 on the back of in honour of the great Jaymie Graham.

The man is a hero, and if a single goal is conceded by his backline I’ll be staggered.

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe at some point this season but I wouldn’t have him as a first choice wingman when he hasn’t even played there at this level yet after being a KPP all his career.

Simmo disagrees.

"Brander is going really well. He had a bit of a hamstring setback a couple of weeks ago. He just turned 21. He is six foot five, great tank, work ethic and he has set himself up for a good year. Whether we play him midfield or forward would be the two areas we will look at. He could be a really good wingman. He fits the profile we are looking for.... (something about Chris Marsden.....) In the course of the Marsh series we would say he will have a stint there."

The guy has only played 3 games in 2 seasons at the club, so it's not like we have been able to get a good look at him. If you look at his combine results, he doesn't test like a 6'5" KPP. His results look more like a player with good endurance, speed, agility and kicking ability, the traits you would look for in a wingman.

1581847275116.png

#Brandertothewing confirmed.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo disagrees.

"Brander is going really well. He had a bit of a hamstring setback a couple of weeks ago. He just turned 21. He is six foot five, great tank, work ethic and he has set himself up for a good year. Whether we play him midfield or forward would be the two areas we will look at. He could be a really good wingman. He fits the profile we are looking for.... (something about Chris Marsden.....) In the course of the Marsh series we would say he will have a stint there."

The guy has only played 3 games in 2 seasons at the club, so it's not like we have been able to get a good look at him. If you look at his combine results, he doesn't test like a 6'5" KPP. His results look more like a player with good endurance, speed, agility and kicking ability, the traits you would look for in a wingman.

View attachment 823945

#Brandertothewing confirmed.
That 50% goal accuracy

Brander worked as the defensive winger throughout the preseason games last year, particularly against Geelong. Wouldn’t be surprising to see him spend long spells there this year as well.

Every match sim I’ve watched Brander has played on the wing and nowhere else.

When players split into line groups, Brander has been with the mids

He still has a long career ahead of him so who knows what position he ends up playing but in 2020 he’s a wingman

Has looked good there too fwiw

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

He still has a long career ahead of him so who knows what position he ends up playing but in 2020 he’s a wingman

Brander started on the wing in last years intraclub scratch match and kicked 3 goals ..
So hopefully we see him get a good run of games in 2020 ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brander started on the wing in last years intraclub scratch match and kicked 3 goals ..
So hopefully we see him get a good run of games in 2020 ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was playing as a forward when he kicked those goals though

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast

Hope he can be an attacking goal kicking winger in the Embley mould.

Although Gaff is a gun he doesn't hurt the scoreboard himself. We need more goal kicking mids/wingers.

Not sure if Brander is the type though? Thoughts?

CoastersFlag No.5

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2007
Not in Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Article from being the paywall of the Bunbury Herald about Jarrod Humphries.
Boomers talent gets his wings.

Eaton Boomers superboot Jarrod Humphries has been selected as a top-up player for West Coast's WAFL side this season.

If not picked for the Eagles on a weekend during the WAFL season, Humphries will be free to return to the South West and don the red, white and blue again at SWFL level.

The modest full-forward has relocated to Perth over the past month and is relishing the opportunity to compete at the next level.

"I've been enjoying the training although it can be pretty hard," he said.

Humphries had a breakout year in 2019, booting 86 goals, despite battling through a nasty ankle injury during the finals series.

But Eagles and Boomers fans have nothing to fret about, with Humphries confirming he has fully recovered and is fighting fit.

"I'm feeling really good," he said. "I've fully recovered and it has been good to get back into it."

Off the field, Humphries has taken up a job landscaping, while when spending time at Mineral Resources Park. some household senior Eagles players have taken the Boomers talent under their wing.

"I've been able to catch up with Lewis Jetta a few times," he said. "He has been really good and always is telling me to keep at it.

Along with Lewy, I've spent some time with Jarrod Cameron and a few of the other boys."

Humphries said he would have no qualms returning to Glen Huon Reserve if availability permits throughout the season and is extremely grateful for the faith his club, family and partner have put in him.

Boomers coach Darren Rigby confirmed he would gladly welcome Humphries back into his forward line.

"I did catch up with him before Christmas," Rigby said.

"He is looking quite fit already. He was never an unfit person by any means, but he is looking better than what he did last year which is going to help him along and hopefully he gets a real crack at it.

*With the Eagles not having a AFL reserves team, they can drop players back in to it.

*It is quite exciting that we (Boomers) could be getting a player of his calibre back with an increased level of fitness and football knowledge as well is going to improve dramatically and he is already a good player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gehrig mkII? Hard running tall wing turns I to insane kpf gorilla?

Hope he can be an attacking goal kicking winger in the Embley mould.

Although Gaff is a gun he doesn't hurt the scoreboard himself. We need more goal kicking mids/wingers.

Not sure if Brander is the type though? Thoughts?

Brander doesn’t seem to be pushing forward much that I’ve seen. Kelly and Sheed have been the mids getting I50 most often. With good effect it should be said

New GM of football Brady Rawlings interviewed him when he was list manager at West Coast and considered drafting him then, while veteran talent identifier Scott Clayton has recently joined the Kangaroos’ list management team after spending the past two years working at the Eagles.

In an otherwise not particularly interesting article this paragraph caught my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back