Injury Cooney our for Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, the MC has certainly succeeded in keeping the lid on expectations. We tanked against Geelong, Sydney, and there is no doubt with these further injuries we will drop the the Essendon game, and get smashed by Collingwood in the 1st week of the finals.

Then the grand plan will be revealed in the 2nd week of the finals, when Morris, Wood, Higgins, Johnson, Cooney and a refreshed Akermanis welcomed back into the fold and released to create havoc against all comers.

The remaining finalists are so dumbstruck that they can do nothing to stop the Bulldog juggernaut.

Oh, and in case this fails, we have qualified half our team to play finals for Willi - so we are assured of at least two flags this season anyway.

Pure Genius.

I like the way you put that... The fresh smell of bulls*it in the air....

Certainly looking tough for you guys , however

In 2002 Collingwood scaped into 4th , in terrible form (losing 3 out of the last 4 , including round 22 to the dogs) , and then travelled interstate to play the top side without our best player - Buckley , and . . .
we won ,
So it aint over till its over

Certainly looking tough for you guys , however

In 2002 Collingwood scaped into 4th , in terrible form (losing 3 out of the last 4 , including round 22 to the dogs) , and then travelled interstate to play the top side without our best player - Buckley , and . . .
we won ,
So it aint over till its over
I like the sentiment. It's a good thought. I think losing Morris too just compounds things that much more. He's such a key to our team.

Of course - guys make names for themselves in September. So you hope that the likes of Griffen, Murphy, Jones, Roughead all think 'hmmm... I can do this!'

A 30+ possession, 4 goal game from Griffen and all of a sudden he'll be a superstar.
Maybe Murphy will deliver on his potential?
Could Ward be the next Voss?

I can see us upsetting someone still. But to win the flag we need 2 or 3 upsets...

I have to say, I was shocked when I heard the news about Cooney. It's extremely disappointing for the game when players cannot run out on a footy field without worrying about getting injured.

That's two Dogs to go down with injury as a direct result of moving turf. The AFL has a responsibility to look after the players, especially this close to finals.

As for the Dogs chances come finals, losing Cooney is a major blow, but I'm not sure that even with Cooney the Western Bulldogs could beat Collingwood, provided the latter plays good footy. However, supposing that the Bulldogs don't win the flag this year (which seems to be the prevailing view) then I believe the opportunity to give more youngsters some serious finals experience will be very rewarding.

Can the Dogs win the flag? Improbable but not impossible. Any team in the top four is a chance. I would think Giansiracusa should play in the midfield to replace Cooney. The Dogs have plenty of players that could make a strong 22, so I am going to refrain from making conclusions this far from finals.

Last I heard Eade saying it's more like an 8-10 week injury so even if we did make the Grand Final (which is looking highly unlikely) he wouldn't be playing. With Dale Morris out for the season now too we have **** all chance of doing anything in the finals and I'd be surprised if we made it to our pathetic excuse for Grand Finals that we always lose anyway the Preliminary Final. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back