Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the bet the pizza guy was working there illegally (i.e. cash in hand)?

Would explain why he lied.

I don't understand how that matters when they're asymptomatic anyway? He only got tested voluntarily because he had contact with the pizza bar, whether as a customer or worker doesn't matter. His positive was captured amongst a heap of negatives among the other customers who would have been tested.

He was tested because he was working in a medi-hotel on Monday when all staff were instructed to have tests. He hadnt had a test as a result of being identified as a close contact

Working illegally, but not exactly the way people thing...

*Grain of salt time*

View attachment 1015442

View attachment 1015441

View attachment 1015440

Brad Crouch's local pizza bar?

Brad Crouch's local pizza bar?
2x Family pizza and coke deal is the go

Hopefully the next time there is a cluster and there will be one, they don't jump at shadows and they don't lock the State down.

Yes lockdown when the virus is out of hand and actual cases are growing exponentially among unrelated groupings. As it was in Victoria.

But not when they fear that may happen, or to merely catch up with contact tracing.

We did the hard and necessary work early to get us in a position where exponential out of control spread should not happen in SA.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the next time there is a cluster and there will be one, they don't jump at shadows and they don't lock the State down.

Yes lockdown when the virus is out of hand and actual cases are growing exponentially among unrelated groupings. As it was in Victoria.

But not when they fear that may happen, or to merely catch up with contact tracing.

We did the hard and necessary work early to get us in a position where exponential out of control spread should not happen in SA.

Locking down early was the correct call. They learned the lesson of Victoria that it's better to lock down early and aggressively isntead of waiting til it's out of control and then have to lock down for extended periods.

What was the lie?
tenor.gif

Locking down early was the correct call. They learned the lesson of Victoria that it's better to lock down early and aggressively isntead of waiting til it's out of control and then have to lock down for extended periods.
It was certainly the right call based on the information they had, but given they are reversing it you’d have to say it was the wrong decision?

We are probably the only jurisdiction in tge world to go into such a strict lockdown with less than 25 (non quarantined) cases.

What happens the next time we get 15 or so cases. Lockdown again?

We are probably the only jurisdiction in tge world to go into such a strict lockdown with less than 25 (non quarantined) cases.

What happens the next time we get 15 or so cases. Lockdown again?

It wasn't the number of cases they were worried about, it was the type of cases they were worried about.... pretty simple to understand.

It wasn't the number of cases they were worried about, it was the type of cases they were worried about.... pretty simple to understand.

It was jumping at shadows. The next two days after 20,000 tests no sign of community transaction. All cases outside hitel quarantine related by direct contact.

I get it, they decided to shut the State down because they feared something may happen.

Is that a good enough reason?

It was certainly the right call based on the information they had, but given they are reversing it you’d have to say it was the wrong decision?

You only ever make decisions based on the information you have.

To use a poker analogy, if you have pocket aces and you can manage to get all in before the flop you absolutely do. If it turns out someoen else finishes with a flush that doesn't make your decision wrong.

Not for some unfortunately.

Multiple people lying (the guy, the owners, fellow pizza workers) gave the impression we had a hyper virulent strain.

Once the tracers and/or cops worked through the web of lies the heavy lockdown lifted immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back