Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior soccer players made to kneel in Black Lives Matter protest
Parents were outraged after referees at a soccer match in Melbourne’s east forced junior players to kneel down in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Angy parents complained that 13-year-old players had been dragged without warning into a political statement in the game between the Ringwood City and Manningham United Blues clubs.

Ringwood City, which hosted the match last Thursday, sent its members and parents an email saying the club had nothing to do with the protest.

It said that Football Victoria referees had notified coaches of the action just minutes before kick-off, and they “were caught completely unaware”.

Junior soccer players made to kneel in Black Lives Matter protest
Parents were outraged after referees at a soccer match in Melbourne’s east forced junior players to kneel down in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Angy parents complained that 13-year-old players had been dragged without warning into a political statement in the game between the Ringwood City and Manningham United Blues clubs.

Ringwood City, which hosted the match last Thursday, sent its members and parents an email saying the club had nothing to do with the protest.

It said that Football Victoria referees had notified coaches of the action just minutes before kick-off, and they “were caught completely unaware”.

What's the covid angle?

AMA says all states should slow the easing:

AMA calls for nationwide pause on the lifting of restrictions
By Ashleigh McMillan
The Australian Medical Association has urged states and territories to rethink easing COVID-19 restrictions further following the significant increase in cases and outbreaks within Victoria.
The AMA's president Tony Bartone said with Victoria revealing its second highest ever daily increase of cases yesterday of 108, it was a "stark reminder" the pandemic is not yet over.
"These new outbreaks send a strong signal that the other States should rethink the pace of easing of their COVID-19 restrictions until community transmission in Melbourne is under control to avoid the risk of a similar situation playing out in their own communities, he said.
"Before rushing back to the pub, the footy crowds, or the big weddings and parties, Australia should pause and play it safe until the Melbourne hotspots are back under control."

By Ashleigh McMillan
The Australian Medical Association has urged states and territories to rethink easing COVID-19 restrictions further following the significant increase in cases and outbreaks within Victoria.
The AMA's president Tony Bartone said with Victoria revealing its second highest ever daily increase of cases yesterday of 108, it was a "stark reminder" the pandemic is not yet over.
"These new outbreaks send a strong signal that the other States should rethink the pace of easing of their COVID-19 restrictions until community transmission in Melbourne is under control to avoid the risk of a similar situation playing out in their own communities, he said.
"Before rushing back to the pub, the footy crowds, or the big weddings and parties, Australia should pause and play it safe until the Melbourne hotspots are back under control."

bugger that, we've got to find out whether we can manage some community transmission ourselves at some point. Just keep victorians in their infested little state.

By Ashleigh McMillan

No wonder I have little faith in doctors.

They do realise that (x) x 0 = 0

No wonder I have little faith in doctors.

They do realise that (x) x 0 = 0
I think they realise the 0 could change quickly if one contact from a hotel, or one essential worker from over the border etc. starts spreading it.

I think they realise the 0 could change quickly if one contact from a hotel, or one essential worker from over the border etc. starts spreading it.

So far the only state that botched that job is Victoria. The rest of the country has done fine. We haven’t had a community transmitted case since March right?

So far the only state that botched that job is Victoria. The rest of the country has done fine. We haven’t had a community transmitted case since March right?
But we don't want to be having 400 people in a nightclub if/when cases come across the border.

What's the covid angle?

I reckon it might be:

Victoria under testing = lot of diagnosed cases in the community.

BLM protest when the rest of the community was still locked down, not allowed to go to funerals etc = community then thumbing nose at their restrictions after seeing Dan sign off on the protest = which has led to the current s**t show in Victoria.

Lots of dots to join!!

I reckon it might be:

Victoria under testing = lot of diagnosed cases in the community.

BLM protest when the rest of the community was still locked down, not allowed to go to funerals etc = community then thumbing nose at their restrictions after seeing Dan sign off on the protest = which has led to the current sh*t show in Victoria.

Lots of dots to join!!

I think it's quite apparent that the hotel quarantine debacle is the reason for the outbreak, rather than anything that the general population of Melb is doing different to any other city

I think it's quite apparent that the hotel quarantine debacle is the reason for the outbreak, rather than anything that the general population of Melb is doing different to any other city
This is the key factor... but Victoria also relaxed restrictions before they had community infections under control too.

Yep, funny how there were protests in every other state at the same time and there’s no outbreak. Directly blaming that is more political bias than what the root causes are for it getting out of control in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By Ashleigh McMillan
QLD opened nightclubs but... no-one could dance. just sit and drink and talk and listen to the music. Do you think no-one danced? :rolleyes:

Sky news saying NSW/VIC border to close and Vic cases in the multiple hundreds today.
No. Poor buggers. Please let them get this under control and to do that, EVERYONE has to do their bit. This could any one of our states.

Surely we can’t be like this forever, at some point we have to get back to normal.

Yep, we tried, it looked good for a while, but the insidious little beast couldn't be eliminated. The PM and Premiers can move forward having put the direct and immediate health of everybody first but that can't go on forever. I think what's happening now seems logical. Lock down suburbs, close borders of the state in question. But that can't go on forever. Absent of a vaccination, eventually we arrive at firewalling the most at risk and everyone else running the gauntlet and going about their business. Masks, cough guards, alcohol wash everywhere, avoiding concentrated crowds where possible etc the new norm.

No. Poor buggers. Please let them get this under control and to do that, EVERYONE has to do their bit. This could any one of our states.

I would hate to go back into lockdown but Andrews has to bite the bullet and put the whole of Victoria back into the hard restrictions.

The cats out the bag, we have seen statewide (& nation wide) that lockdown works, the longer he delays the worse it will get (and spread to other states)

Andrews is making Slomo look quick and decisive.

Yep, we tried, it looked good for a while, but the insidious little beast couldn't be eliminated. The PM and Premiers can move forward having put the direct and immediate health of everybody first but that can't go on forever. I think what's happening now seems logical. Lock down suburbs, close borders of the state in question. But that can't go on forever. Absent of a vaccination, eventually we arrive at firewalling the most at risk and everyone else running the gauntlet and going about their business. Masks, cough guards, alcohol wash everywhere, avoiding concentrated crowds where possible etc the new norm.
Yep, I think that is probably the way forward. They've just got to get this outbreak undercontrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back