Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with people ? Should be put in Mandatory Quarantine at their expense
View attachment 929539
In comparison, Queensland currently has 253 people in self isolation and only 3 of those were unaccounted for at last inspection. Also, it looks like we might have dodged a bullet with the bag ladies... no new cases again today. We should know by Monday for sure. Also, we've tested over 119,000 people in the last week.

Well it sounds Markley, I’m trying to do a Markle joke. Harry said Balmoral is just like a suburb from Buckingham.
omg that rift sh*t eats up a fair bit of real chew. How’s Cairns Misty.
Well I just got back from dinner at the RSL.
One of my dining mates said her friend in health recons they are on alert for cv19 cases to start popping up in a week or two after a bunch of cairns residing New Guinea families recently island hopped back Home to a large wedding and are on the way back to Cairns. Apparently the Navy etc. are trying to halt them as we speak.
It will be interesting to see if this rumor has any truth to it.

70% of the worlds deaths from Covid-19 at the moment are happening in just 4 countries - USA, Brazil, India and Mexico. Similar the daily total cases from these same countries is around 65%.
In the last 2 months, the number of daily new cases have 3x from 100K to 300K per day... as it's got out of control in many countries, including those you have mentioned.

Interesting the number of deaths per day has stayed around 5K, with the death rate falling to 5% of those infected. I recall it was around 7% a couple of months ago... but we need to be wary that no all countries are reporting accurately.

There are no signs of this pandemic slowing down in the foreseeable future & a vaccine is now more important than ever.

70% of the worlds deaths from Covid-19 at the moment are happening in just 4 countries - USA, Brazil, India and Mexico. Similar the daily total cases from these same countries is around 65%.
will be interesting to see how these countries retaliate towards China once they start to control the numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In comparison, Queensland currently has 253 people in self isolation and only 3 of those were unaccounted for at last inspection. Also, it looks like we might have dodged a bullet with the bag ladies... no new cases again today. We should know by Monday for sure. Also, we've tested over 119,000 people in the last week.
I was wondering when the “bag” ladies period was up.
Seems like good fortune. Perhaps excellent police work and tracing
I see the NT Govt has no longer declared Logan and Brisbane as restrictive hot spots to enter NT

Unbelievable stuff in The Age today. An article headlined "Security guards hired for hotel quarantine in an attempt at social inclusion" says

"The press release specifically referred to 450 jobs being created in the hotel quarantine program “including transport operations, security and cleaning”. International students and temporary migrants were key targets under the jobs program."

So we didn't use the right people because public servants wanted to use the opportunity to create jobs - for a cohort that ain't even Australian citizens. I get charity, I get supporting people, I get that we are part of a world as well as a country, but wow.

Those numbers can't be right, only 3 out of 253 unaccounted for.

All we have heard on here is how the rest of Australia would behave just as poorly as the Victorians have.

Should have been at least 20 times that number missing. Thats not 20 more people, 20 TIMES.

Unbelievable stuff in The Age today. An article headlined "Security guards hired for hotel quarantine in an attempt at social inclusion" says

"The press release specifically referred to 450 jobs being created in the hotel quarantine program “including transport operations, security and cleaning”. International students and temporary migrants were key targets under the jobs program."

So we didn't use the right people because public servants wanted to use the opportunity to create jobs - for a cohort that ain't even Australian citizens. I get charity, I get supporting people, I get that we are part of a world as well as a country, but wow.
There's a time and a place surely

will be interesting to see how these countries retaliate towards China once they start to control the numbers.
Well, one thing they will not be able to extract any money from China as they Have limited supply with over 25% of the Gold stocks have been proven to be Gold plated Lead, China heading backwards,
Levelling food sanctions will not work as the country is facing the possibility of famine, Due to Floods, its there food belt that flooding.

The best we in Australia can hope for is reclaiming assets, like the darwin Harbour. Which is more likely than not.

I've heard that the Union strong handed the Vic Government into using the Security joke that was hired for the Hotel security.

I have no issue if they were a highly professional job provider, but to put a bunch of crooked imbeciles in charge is completely unforgivable.

People have died from these decisions and thus charges against the people responsible should reflect this.

I've heard that the Union strong handed the Vic Government into using the Security joke that was hired for the Hotel security.

I have no issue if they were a highly professional job provider, but to put a bunch of crooked imbeciles in charge is completely unforgivable.

People have died from these decisions and thus charges against the people responsible should reflect this.
Also, latest estimate is the Victorian lock down will cost the economy $9B... yet still no one as been sacked.

Also need to mention, you get what you paid for,

Also, latest estimate is the Victorian lock down will cost the economy $9B... yet still no one as been sacked.
And people wonder why I won't have a bar of this current Andrews Government, I see the way they've heavy handed the local and nearby districts CFA volunteers because they're in bed with the professional Firefighters Union...this reeks of the same deal here with the Security. At least John Brumby and Steve Bracks Labor Governments were half decent and reasonably competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back