Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This from Dr Murphy on ACA tonight:

Some states have "confusing" and "arbitrary" rules as they move on from coronavirus restrictions, Australia's top doctor has admitted.
For instance, only five people are allowed to gather in homes in NSW, Victoria and Queensland at the moment, despite the fact many offices and other gathering spaces have already reopened.
"I think there is some arbitrariness about some of these decisions," Chief Medical Officer professor Brendan Murphy told A Current Affair host Tracy Grimshaw.
He said the discrepancies are born out of fears people may hold parties in their homes but insisted the inconsistencies will soon be smoothed out.
"By the end of June, we should be in pretty much the same place," he said.
This should also be the case with state borders, the chief medical officer said, outlining that interstate travel is planned to resume in earnest in stage three of the national rollback which will happen sometime in July.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/12299276
If WA can go to numbers like this by June 6, why can’t SA? Up to 100 in a room, a total of 300 in a venue depending on number of rooms and size and only one person per 2m2 applies.

That is how you ease restrictions in a state with stuff all cases.
Assuming they properly restricted the British woman, there's no scientific reason.

If you take out British bloke shedding dead virus and British woman with powerful friends, there have been zero cases for 34 days and no evidence of community transmission for much longer.

More a case of traditional SA Sunday tradingism. We don't really seem to understand economies. That stuff is below us and for the convict states to worry about.

Assuming they properly restricted the British woman, there's no scientific reason.

If you take out British bloke shedding dead virus and British woman with powerful friends, there have been zero cases for 34 days and no evidence of community transmission for much longer.

More a case of traditional SA Sunday tradingism. We don't really seem to understand economies. That stuff is below us and for the convict states to worry about.
I felt a bit better after seeing what Dr Murphy said on ACA tonight that he expects the whole country will be on the same page by end of June, but it still makes no sense our state is restricting numbers to 80. WA hasn’t even reached zero active cases yet either. Murphy is right, a lot of these number restrictions are just arbitrary and don’t seem to be based on anything but a thumb suck.

I felt a bit better after seeing what Dr Murphy said on ACA tonight that he expects the whole country will be on the same page by end of June, but it still makes no sense our state is restricting numbers to 80. WA hasn’t even reached zero active cases yet either. Murphy is right, a lot of these number restrictions are just arbitrary and don’t seem to be based on anything but a thumb suck.
I just feel like SA was in a privileged position due to a bit of luck and a lot of sacrifice by the people that put us in a position to really take the front foot and help get the country moving. But instead we stayed on the back foot and hid our light under our stupid bushel. Wasted opportunity.

SA doesn't get many opportunities to lead the way and contribute and when we do we're still too conservative to take them. The Geoffrey Boycott of states.

Yeah, its a weird one.. they said on radio up here in QLD that she definately did her two weeks of home quarantine when she returned from KL.. Friends were bringing supplies etc to her doorstep..

But once she completed that she went on a 200k trip to Blackwater where she apparently didn’t get out of the vehicle..

And should still be fined because at the time she did the trip to Blackwater the driving limit was 50ks..

Lot more investigating needed into this one...
I just read she went into town to follow up on a job lead, so she definitely got out of the car.

I love you Jen, but this feels like if my mum would tell that she got the girls out for the boys one time 😑

Not that I don't condone that sort of behaviour, it's just weirding me out xx
I love how you all have changed your avatar... but did you know it’s a pic of his doctor?

You continue to get cause & effect around the wrong way.

We had few CT cases because of the lockdown. We would have had much, much, larger CT spread if we hadn't locked down. Success because of the lockdown should not be interpreted as meaning that we didn't need to lockdown in the first place - that's sheer lunacy!

World: “There is no way we can shut everything down in order to lower emissions, slow climate change and protect the environment.”
Mother Nature: “Here’s a virus. Practise.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a great place to play most games for a national competition...
All known clusters though, 11 cases in a population of their size is not massive. They have around 50 active cases in a state of nearly 5 mil, it’s ridiculous the Queensland Premier is saying borders will be closed until those two states have no new local cases for a month. Queensland is fast becoming left behind all other states in rebuilding the economy.

I reckon after their next National Cabinet meeting there will be progress on borders, Qantas is already advertising flights to the Gold Coast for July 1.

I get to have my first dinner at a restaurant for like 2 months, I am stoked
Was meant to have a birthday red wine lunch with mate today with a small group & came down with flu like symptoms yesterday... So more self isolation.

Was meant to have a birthday red wine lunch with mate today with a small group & came down with flu like symptoms yesterday... So more self isolation.

Ha, don't you hate that, sort of like , work for 337 days, not a sniffle, 28 days annual leave, you're stoked, planning has gone into it...you'll probably need a holiday to recover from this holiday you have joked to friends as you tidied up your desk and put the rule on the email...

1590827907510.png

and you catch the plague

You do realise that this was recorded on the 17 April when deaths in Sweden were 1,400, now 4,395. Cases have almost tripled. Sweden is sitting in 6th position in deaths per million (excluding the micronations of San Marino and Andorra).

It’s only a flesh wound says the Professor!

Brazil also drank the herd immunity coolaid and isn’t that going beautifully.

I get to have my first dinner at a restaurant for like 2 months, I am stoked

Just going to say, it was good but they could only serve alcohol to you when the meal came out, not beforehand. Of all the stupid s**t, the "oh no, we can't give you a pre dinner drink may be the most stupid. Glad that finishes up on Monday, have no idea what purpose that was solving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back