Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had asthma badly as a kid but it seems to have gone away as I got older.
Yep, I'm in the same boat. I spent most of my first 3-4 years in hospital with it but I rarely get it now except for the very occasional mild dose after a cold. I still carry ventolin with me in case I get a sporadic attack (even though it's been about 20 years since an attack without having a virus). It's very unlikely but I always like to play it safe.

It's an interesting test to see how racist Australia is, a lot of Asian restaurants have been boycotted here due to the coronavirus.

Now that Italy has become another hotspot for the virus I wonder how many people will boycott Italian restaurants, not many I'm guessing.

I do wonder though if the Italians penchant for hugging and kissing each other is why it spread to Italy faster than other European countries.

Those stupid wogs need to cut out the hug and kiss.
Because people are idiots, the media coverage doesn't help

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Just imagine if all these stupid people could stay in their country everyone needs to travel for some reason. Planes have become too safe and millennials treat them like buses.

It's an interesting test to see how racist Australia is, a lot of Asian restaurants have been boycotted here due to the coronavirus.

Now that Italy has become another hotspot for the virus I wonder how many people will boycott Italian restaurants, not many I'm guessing.

I do wonder though if the Italians penchant for hugging and kissing each other is why it spread to Italy faster than other European countries.

Had Chinese last night from a place we hadn't tried before because our usual was no longer on uber eats. Was soooooo good. Will be our new go to for sure. It's great how things work out sometimes.

Chinese are boycotting chinese restaurants and staying home too (just look at Box Hill) so it seems more like common sense than racism.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because people are idiots, the media coverage doesn't help

I reckon the panic and carry on is just as dangerous if not more than the virus itself.
It just proves the human race are morons.

Last edited:
I reckon the panic and carry on is just as dangerous if not more than the virus itself.....It just proves the human race are morons.

Can't understand the panic….I've had my preppers underground bunker locked, stocked & loaded now for 2 decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the panic and carry on is just as dangerous if not more than the virus itself.
It shows you how precarious our whole economic system is, its only held together with optimism and unravels very quickly with fear.

but you have to take it seriously as it might get a whole lot worse and for years if we dont try and contain it now

Corona-virus risk to Gold Coast beauty salon patients

The latest corona-virus case in Australia, which is a 63-year-old woman who recently returned from Iran.

The woman flew back on Monday, 24 February, and was not unwell on the flight.
She began to feel unwell on Thursday, 27 February, and authorities are trying to trace anyone who may have come into contact with the woman while she was working as a beautician on the Gold Coast on Thursday.

The beauty salon is at the Australia Fair shopping centre on the Gold Coast.

They believe she saw 30 to 40 clients on Thursday, mostly for very short appointments.

Young said the woman mainly gave facials, and that customers often did not book and paid cash — so they have made a public call-out for anyone who attended the beauty salon on Thursday to come forward.

Thats a fair few that might get it and go on and spread it

First one in Australia without a direct China travel connection too

Imagine how many idiots are going to the doctor because their kid coughed. It's already bad enough what people go to the doctors for (got a cold do you - no need to go to the doctor)

It shows you how precarious our whole economic system is, its only held together with optimism and unravels very quickly with fear.

but

Corona-virus risk to Gold Coast beauty salon patients

The latest corona-virus case in Australia, which is a 63-year-old woman who recently returned from Iran.

The woman flew back on Monday, 24 February, and was not unwell on the flight.
She began to feel unwell on Thursday, 27 February, and authorities are trying to trace anyone who may have come into contact with the woman while she was working as a beautician on the Gold Coast on Thursday.

The beauty salon is at the Australia Fair shopping centre on the Gold Coast.

They believe she saw 30 to 40 clients on Thursday, mostly for very short appointments.

Young said the woman mainly gave facials, and that customers often did not book and paid cash — so they have made a public call-out for anyone who attended the beauty salon on Thursday to come forward.

Thats a fair few that might get it and go on and spread it

First one in Australia without a direct China travel connection too

Funniest part about your whole post, all this panic and disastrous spread of the virus, but no mention of the woman - and that she probably got the sniffles.

It's like saying she served 40 customers and came down with a bad head cold the next day - no pandemonium

Funniest part about your whole post, all this panic and disastrous spread of the virus, but no mention of the woman - and that she probably got the sniffles.

It's like saying she served 40 customers and came down with a bad head cold the next day - no pandemonium

She is a confirmed case of the Virus
No mention of the 250 or so on the plane or the people she may have been in contact with at the airport or anywhere else before she even knew she had it

She is a confirmed case of the Virus
No mention of the 250 or so on the plane or the people she may have been in contact with at the airport or anywhere else before she even knew she had it
So she has the virus.....has she died or seriously crook or doesn't it matter what happened to her? Let's just cause panic that 'she has the virus'

So she has the virus.....has she died or seriously crook or doesn't it matter what happened to her? Let's just cause panic that 'she has the virus'

Its the first without a Chinese connection and she came in contact with people and its in Australia so yes we should be concerned

Its the first without a Chinese connection and she came in contact with people and its in Australia so yes we should be concerned
Concerned at what though? It's a virus that 99% of us will survive, most without a doctor visit, and the 1% will mostly be elderly or already sick.

But yes, concerned, ensue panic, cause pandemonium

It's highly contagious & has a 2-3% mortality rate attached.....That's not panic, it's being rationally cautious due to the known facts.

The issue is that people might be carrying it now that don't know. If one of them is a nurse in a retirement village, or going to see their parents/grand parents or volunteering at a children's hospital next weekend then a lot of vulnerable people could be at risk.

That little door handle on the airplane toilet, on the outside, would be one of the most interacted with items on a plane and most people don't wash their hands before operating it, except when they are leaving the toilet.

What percentage of people would visit the toilet on a trip from Iran to Australia? Hold it for ten hours?

Had Chinese last night from a place we hadn't tried before because our usual was no longer on uber eats. Was soooooo good. Will be our new go to for sure. It's great how things work out sometimes.

booking in holiday to the usa in a few months. tickets are cheap!

i firmly believe people who are stressing over this to an extreme will suffer from an illness due to stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back