Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking today about the "essential" workers.

How the hell are they going to define them? So much stuff it all bundled in a supply chain. To use something simple:

Hand Sanitizer.
You have the raw materials for it and the container it goes in. Two separate supply chains. All the manufacturer of the thing does is mix it together and put it in a container and send it on it's way.

Even a thing like a ventilator made by company A:
You'll have things like plastic tubes, electronics, metal work and god knows what else. Each of them coming from a different supplier. Each of them will have thier own suppliers.
All company A does is put the components together and sens it off.

Every step along the way is part of the pyramid shut down one and the pyramid falls down. It could be something simple as the place that cuts and folds a bracket shutting down and the whole thing is stuffed! The days of a company making things in house are long gone.

It seems like the lock down plan is something made by office jockeys for office jockeys. A lockdown will have unintended consequences that will affect the supply chain.
Isn't it all imported in a box from somewhere else? So the essential job is the dock worker and the truck driver.

Brothels still open?
andrew rule on MMM noted that the dodgy massage parlours are to be shut. But feels that they will just go online, hire hotel rooms and operate from there. Contravening social distancing for sure!

I thought that until someone pointed out that the disease is spread by droplets. Unless you're coughing or sneezing how can you spread it?

Furthermore, a study in China showed that almost 90% of children and close contacts of confirmed Covid 19 cases didn't become infected. The ones that did get infected had mild, if any symptoms.

Apologies if answered already, but do you have a link to that study?

I was thinking today about the "essential" workers.

How the hell are they going to define them? So much stuff it all bundled in a supply chain. To use something simple:

Hand Sanitizer.
You have the raw materials for it and the container it goes in. Two separate supply chains. All the manufacturer of the thing does is mix it together and put it in a container and send it on it's way.

Even a thing like a ventilator made by company A:
You'll have things like plastic tubes, electronics, metal work and god knows what else. Each of them coming from a different supplier. Each of them will have thier own suppliers.
All company A does is put the components together and sens it off.

Every step along the way is part of the pyramid shut down one and the pyramid falls down. It could be something simple as the place that cuts and folds a bracket shutting down and the whole thing is stuffed! The days of a company making things in house are long gone.

It seems like the lock down plan is something made by office jockeys for office jockeys. A lockdown will have unintended consequences that will affect the supply chain.
That's why the back-end Business to business commerce won't be shut down. It's the back-bone of the essential services like medical, food and energy, so it has to be left open with precautions taken. Consumer Businesses might shut, work online or with less contact but not others. Even mining is being allowed still since it's going to be paying the cheques the government are writing.

Everyone is going to cop it. If you have no job, you're at risk of not eating or paying the rent. If you have a job, you're at greater risk of getting it. Unless you're a federal politician and you just decided to shut parliament for six months.

Yeah but what if you're having a party? Oh yeah they're banned now too.

One guy on ABC radio said he lives 160kms from his nearest bottle shop so he usually stocks up with a few cartons of beer when he goes there and those restrictions aren't taking into account people in regional areas like him.
I usually get dozens of bottles a few times a year delivered when its on special
Lasts me months
I dont go to the bottle shop and pay top dollar a few times a week

Luckily First Choice was empty except for me and my wife the other day so I picked up 2 dozen whites

That's why the back-end Business to business commerce won't be shut down. It's the back-bone of the essential services like medical, food and energy, so it has to be left open with precautions taken. Consumer Businesses might shut, work online or with less contact but not others. Even mining is being allowed still since it's going to be paying the cheques the government are writing.

Everyone is going to cop it. If you have no job, you're at risk of not eating or paying the rent. If you have a job, you're at greater risk of getting it. Unless you're a federal politician and you just decided to shut parliament for six months.

It's where I'm confused. I'm a welder in a factory. We make everything and anything. I've got no idea if we will shut down in a lock down or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's where I'm confused. I'm a welder in a factory. We make everything and anything. I've got no idea if we will shut down in a lock down or not.
Maybe if it gets very bad. Maybe not if they want to balance the economy and the essential services. If it is, it'll be for a shorter period as you're basically supporting other essential industries that we can't lose. I doubt our government has the coordination to allow temporary works and start-ups as things are required.

Brothels still open?

Additional prohibited activities and venues to apply from 11.59pm (local time) 25 March 2020 ....
Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, tattoo parlours
Spas and massage parlours ...
Health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre and spin facilities, saunas, bathhouses and wellness centres ...
Strip clubs, brothels and sex on premises venues

The above are some of the newly prohibited activities.

Looks like sex OFF premises and home visit massages (to your home) might still be allowed.
Provided the rest of the social distancing requirements and personal protection health and hygiene requirements are met.

Bundy Rum and Beenliegh Rum is making hand sanitiser and donating a fair bit to the Qld government

“Beenleigh Rum – Australia’s oldest distillery – will commence the production of hand sanitiser this week and have arrangements to supply the Queensland Government to ensure we have a ready supply for schools and frontline workers.

“Bundaberg Rum is also going full steam ahead with the production of ethanol, and will donate 100,000 litres – enough to produce around 500,000 bottles – to the Queensland Government.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/n...r/news-story/0676af6a42b2f26b82f019097a7807aa

Saw a couple of girls today wearing masks fashioned from bandannas, cowboy style. They looked like they were on their way to rob a stagecoach. It pleased me greatly.

But the big news of the day was that I finally scored some arse paper! I can ride this sumbitch out now.

Despite the sadness of the Olympics being postponed at least we can still laugh at the name Dick Pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back