Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The China numbers make little sense on paper but my Dad lives there, he doesn't know anyone who is sick and the hospitals in his city aren't full at all with sick people, all businesses have reopened including shopping centers cafes and restaurants.

Besides it being mandatory to wear a mask in public they have zero restrictions.

So they seem fairly confident it's not rampant at this point.

Your dad lives in Wuhan?

From Jan 1 until March 4, SA had 42 deaths from Influenza. From Jan 1, 16 people have died from Covad-19 in the whole of Australia. What am I missing?
Source?

These influenza cases didn't all happen at the same time. And how often do you hear of medical staff dying from the flu? Supplies/space starts running out when you get a lot of people all at the one time. It is very possible we actually have a milder strain here, but I'm yet to see evidence of that. Incubation is higher as well... wait a couple of weeks before making comparisons at least.

Source?

These influenza cases didn't all happen at the same time. And how often do you hear of medical staff dying from the flu? Supplies/space starts running out when you get a lot of people all at the one time. It is very possible we actually have a milder strain here, but I'm yet to see evidence of that. Incubation is higher as well... wait a couple of weeks before making comparisons at least.

There is so many things with wrong that comment, it's pointless.

No he didn't. Show the post.

You said a million by putting words on his mouth. jatz14 said 2 million in the US and certainly not by April. You're just revising to suit your stance.
You're putting words in his mouth. Where did he say Jatz said it?

Coz Max was referencing this post originally.

From Jan 1 until March 4, SA had 42 deaths from Influenza. From Jan 1, 16 people have died from Covad-19 in the whole of Australia. What am I missing?
The number of people who have contracted it.

The mortality rate.

The fact we have no vaccine or cure.

I know three families who have had multiple cases of influenza A. The symptoms were pretty bad. Two got pneumonia. They got treatment. They recovered.

NFI what would happen if they got COVID19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
No he didn't. Show the post.

You said a million by putting words on his mouth. jatz14 said 2 million in the US and certainly not by April. You're just revising to suit your stance.

Lol there was a bloke in here predicting 1.5 mil infected and 10k dead by Anzac day, pure scaremongering similar to what you have been doing.

Of course now that containment is looking to have eased the curve you are all backtracking

Last edited:
Lol there was a bloke in here predicting 1.5 mil infected and 150k dead by Anzac day, pure scaremongering similar to what you have been doing.

Of course now that containment is looking to have eased the curve you are all backtracking

I predicted something similar to

Where have I said similar? Show me?

News report today:
Massive deliveries of urns in Wuhan have raised fresh skepticism of China’s coronavirus reporting.

As families in the central Chinese city began picking up the cremated ashes of those who have died from the virus this week, photos began circulating on social media and local media outlets showing vast numbers of urns at Wuhan funeral homes.

China has reported 3,299 coronavirus-related deaths, with most taking place in Wuhan, the epicenter of the global pandemic. But one funeral home received two shipments of 5,000 urns over the course of two days, according to the Chinese media outlet Caixin.

It’s not clear how many of the urns were filled.

Workers at several funeral parlors declined to provide any details to Bloomberg as to how many urns were waiting to be collected, saying they either did not know or were not authorized to share the number.

The photos surfaced after both the United States and Italy have reported significantly more cases and than China. Italy has reported just shy of three times the fatalities.

Big surprise, China may have lied about infections and number of deaths.

yet your heroes who have shouted ‘Baw-ders’ at every opportunity have been shown to be all about optics and not about actuals. So much chest beating, so much bullshit when the chips are down.

and yet you don’t feel badly let down? You must hate lefties and progressives more than you like your own ‘security’

Did you just admit that you think Borders are a good idea now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s be very clear, the experts advise Morrison, they do not dictate. The government still leads the way. And it would not be the least bit surprising if Morrison told his advisers to develop a plan that does not include closing schools, for example. So the experts are able to advise a solution that doesn’t involve closing the schools, Morrison is able to say he’s listening to experts, but that doesn’t mean it’s their preferred choice. Murphy, at times, had looked like someone very politically compromised who is trying to explain away a situation he is not wedded to.

This is purely conjecture.

In this hypothesis it is unlikely that Labor-led Victoria and Queensland who have their own medical experts and a seat on the national cabinet would agree to something against their own medical advice. States have great powers of autonomy under the constitution.

Lol. There's a few loose canons in this thread. WWIII? Really? If that's not a signal to sit down and do some deep breathing, idk what is.

You are missing the broader point - some innocent westerners can’t do any of your requested deep breathing because of China’s conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back