Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

but that is not like-to-like comparison ceteris paribus

It is conjecture with no hard evidence beyond Sweden (as normalised model) for States that did not have lockdown, the virus has not been lopping off youth, young adults, and children, but they have been yoked with the consequences. s**t I am sounding like Peter Hitchens

You don’t have answer this if you don’t want to, but which age bracket (ie 30-39 etc) do you fall under?

It's a pretty simple question:

- Would the person have died that day if they did not have COVID-19?

Like the debate about mortality rates, I feel it's part of an agenda by the anti-lockdown and conspiracy crowd to downplay the virus. It also cheapens the value of human life by saying 'well, sure you may only be 50 but you had hypertension, so it was your time to go anyway'.

Sort of like the “Logans Run” movie.

We have to value life however the thought processes of some leave a lot to be desired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t have answer this if you don’t want to, but which age bracket (ie 30-39 etc) do you fall under?
That

or. Not young.

I think paradoxically, the youth will cop it disproportionately, and be paying back deficit debt we saddled next generations with 🙃

I don't propose letting the economy of its leash, I do not propose not doing everything for vulnerable*

*but it is not a binary, folks just have zero handle on the complexity in modern world and the modern economy,

the way the media have adopted the self-delegated role to scare the polis is beyond the pale for mine

There is truth to this though, isn't there?

If you're being honest, I mean.

he thinks he is, but his bias is like everyone else's ..... and of course he always to reverts to everyone who didn't want to lockdown as a granny killer or thinks life is cheap, its actually a very cheap argument and one that looks shallowly or superficially at the top layer, most of the stats prove that this is no different to many pandemics within recent living memory.

It's a pretty simple question:

- Would the person have died that day if they did not have COVID-19?

Like the debate about mortality rates, I feel it's part of an agenda by the anti-lockdown and conspiracy crowd to downplay the virus. It also cheapens the value of human life by saying 'well, sure you may only be 50 but you had hypertension, so it was your time to go anyway'.
we already put a price on human life, economists/statisticians/actuaries already compile submissions for court regarding compensation
we don't mandate road laws restricting speed to 30kmph

As i said before :
The Blackcat Paradox says

as societies become more prosperous their tolerance for risk and fatality has an inverse correlation

#JonathanHaidt
#riskaversion
#bedwetters edit : <- I edited that cherf
medusala
GuruJane

Last edited:
this specific to flights from China

could have HRC said same sans opprobrium ?

Referencing Hillary Clinton in response to a statistical model from Columbia University is just plain odd.

I live in the States and supported an even more stringent travel ban than the one Trump implemented, as I personally knew of at least 2 people from China who planned to layover in Japan for 2 weeks before entering the country.

The travel ban was an initial step in the right direction, but not enough of one to spend the next month doing almost nothing to prepare and misinforming citizens about the potential risk. It was a half measure and not even the most important half.

Referencing Hillary Clinton in response to a statistical model from Columbia University is just plain odd.

I live in the States and supported an even more stringent travel ban than the one Trump implemented, as I personally knew of at least 2 people from China who planned to layover in Japan for 2 weeks before entering the country.

The travel ban was an initial step in the right direction, but not enough of one to spend the next month doing almost nothing to prepare and misinforming citizens about the potential risk. It was a half measure and not even the most important half.
🙄

was in reference to the racist appellation for Trump if HRC does the same and closes flights into La Guardia JFK and LAX

Any news on what's happening with the players pay cut after June?

Given the AFL and clubs are begging fans for money, I can only assume there will be massive cuts for players for the rest of the year as a mimimum

Any news on what's happening with the players pay cut after June?

Given the AFL and clubs are begging fans for money, I can only assume there will be massive cuts for players for the rest of the year as a mimimum
In my opinion AFL house has a lot of fat that needs to be cut. Staff and wages
Clubs need to cut their cloth accordingly in these harsh times. Wages and staff need to be cut at clubs as well

I don't have a source for the Belgian thing, I heard it on the news in passing the other day.

I actually live my life and don't spend the day researching how dangerous Covid-19 is like the unemployed on here who don't want lockdowns to end
So in other words you have no idea what you're talking about and are just sprouting bullshit. Gotcha

So in other words you have no idea what you're talking about and are just sprouting bullshit. Gotcha

Even if you take it on face value - that the true number of Belgians dying from COVID-19 is half that given - it's still well above the typical death rate for flu, and still puts it in the top 5 overall.

Best way is to probably just look at excess deaths, since we have years of data to compare it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back