Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they? My understanding is Japan refused to let them disembark but I could be wrong on that
He and 150 Australians were taken off the vessel, quarantined, and returned back to Australia. He wasn't hospitalised in Japan though, my mistake.

My contract almost-certainly won't be extended beyond its current end-date (end of May). A couple of weeks ago they were preparing to extend it by 12 months.

Thanks Obama Corona.
Ahh mate. Sorry hear. What field?

I've probably totally misread what you meant. And note that I can understand the thinking. Also understand why no politician would ever choose it or say it.

kranky al as PM...

'We want this thing to be fast. A quick ripping off of the bandaid quick. We want a million infections so we can get herd immunity and get this over with.

Sure 5% or 50000 people will die. Sure, it might be you or your loved ones, but hey, it's for the greater good.'

Just cannot understand why ScoMo didn't go down this route!o_O

Again, apologies if I misunderstood your post.
You have misunderstood - see jacinda ardern - shes locked down the country - in a month with any luck they are finished with this s**t and back to work.

I was over there for one of the showdowns and this old boomer gave me his wife's ticket as she was sick . Just chatting at the pub didn't want anything for it just some company who wasn't a port supporter .

Had a great time and he was stoked as I bought all the beers

Did you put out or was it only hand stuff allowed?

True. Just makes it a worse sell for PM kranky al. I want 20 million infected by next wednesday and we can expect 1 million of you to die. Re-election chance?
No no - fk no im not a fan of this herd immunity bs - herd immunity is based on a very fragile bet that it doesnt mutate and come around every six months and do it all again.

Not. Really China's fault we have systematically destroyed most Aussie manufacturing industries over the journey. It does feel a bit rotten having to go cap in hand to China for the supplies.

Still gobsmacked we let the car industry go. If we ever find ourselves in a stoush we have zero light vehicle capacity and no skilled labour force. We'll be completely beholden to the yanks and the brits to supply us.

I understand your point but Thales build both the Hawkei and Bushmaster light armored vehicles in Australia.

I understand your point but Thales build both the Hawkei and Bushmaster light armored vehicles in Australia.

Not really what I meant by light vehicles though. Fighting vehicles are another kettle of fish IMO.

Plus our ability to scale production of those types of vehicles from a pool of skilled labour is gone. We would be starting from scratch with the slower response that necessitates.

Aussie are great innovators under duress but adapting industry to purpose is a different challenge to having to create industry from scratch.

Anyway... I'm way OT. PM or start a thread if you are keen to continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

China now profiting off the virus they tried to hide and let transmit across the globe
Would you prefer we didn't source supplies from there? I mean there are so many other countries with surplus medical supplies they don't need.
Some of the medical PPE sent to China from Australia in Feburary was sold at triple the market price, so technically Australia was profiting from China's misfortune.( I know, Chinese guy but Aus registered company)

NSW has well and truly s**t the bed in this crisis hey?

Good excuse to finally eject them from this country.

Ruby Princess probably contributed half of that figure (and to many other States too), but an increase of about 5% is promising.

Ahh mate. Sorry hear. What field?

State govt.

The worst part about it is that last year I took a gamble and left my permanent Federal govt position for a role that is far more fulfilling, in an awesome team, even though it pays less and was (at the time) a 6 month contract (has been extended since then, and until recently was a shoe-in for a 12 month extension).

If only I could have foreseen a global pandemic back when I made this call.

That's a very big IF .

Isn't covid19 a mutation or in the same family as SARS ?

There was 17 years between those 2 outbreaks
Prob didnt explain myself well in my reply post - those two died out and didnt get a chance to mutate - thanks to trump, bolsonaro and a few other dickheads - see sweden, holland etc - this is going to for a long time in a lot of people and get a really good chance of mutating.

not all of that is bad - it could mutate to something less deadly but more infectious - or vice versa - theres a whole range of things could happen.

Prob didnt explain myself well in my reply post - those two died out and didnt get a chance to mutate - thanks to trump, bolsonaro and a few other dickheads - see sweden, holland etc - this is going to for a long time in a lot of people and get a really good chance of mutating.

not all of that is bad - it could mutate to something less deadly but more infectious - or vice versa - theres a whole range of things could happen.

Correct, most mutations have no effect and there's always a chance a mutation becomes beneficial (for people). I wish those that keep repeating the 'zomg eight strains of covid!' understood that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back