Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw footage of Gil’s conference, the bloke looks like he hasn’t slept in weeks.

He cops his fair share of criticism but I certainly don’t envy the position he’s in. The call he’s had to make today wouldn’t have been easy.

He hasn't made a call though. He's delayed any decision out of hope that Government would make it for him.

The Federal Government took no action and so the season went ahead.

Now the states have taken it upon themselves to close borders, effectively making the decision for him.

At no point has he actually shown any proactive leadership in all of this farce.

He hasn't made a call though. He's delayed any decision out of hope that Government would make it for him.

The Federal Government took no action and so the season went ahead.

Now the states have taken it upon themselves to close borders, effectively making the decision for him.

At no point has he actually shown any proactive leadership in all of this farce.
The NRL and A-League are both pressing on.

He made this decision a week too late, but he’s still ahead of the other two ‘major’ codes in the country.

The shutdowns are good and all, but what of small business owners? Is the government going to financially help them out?

My uncle-in-law owns a kickboxing gym. He'll probably lose that from all this. Any help there? Will that Newstart include him if he goes out of business?

The shutdowns are good and all, but what of small business owners? Is the government going to financially help them out?

My uncle-in-law owns a kickboxing gym. He'll probably lose that from all this. Any help there? Will that Newstart include him if he goes out of business?

There's something about small business and $100,000 in assistance from the feds. Google into it, fellow Eagle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure small businesses can get a $250k 3 year loan no payments for first 6 months for businesses that make less than $50m a year

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

The arrogance of Gil and his mates here was a sight to behold. This decision was made in opposition to medical advice which was plain for the entire world to see (see also: every other sporting code) and today's outcome was entirely predictable. The complete lack of leadership from an institution like the AFL - our indigenous bloody code FFS - was a joke.

I feel for blokes like Kreuzer and Ziebell who copped bad injuries which were totally needless. Oh, also, they're going to need to go to hospitals for surgery on those injuries at a time where people should be avoiding hospitals at all costs.

This was not a decision made by the league's medical advisors or anyone with an ounce of common sense. This was a game of chicken between the league's commercial arm, its lawyers and the broadcasters. Unfortunately for the comp, the PM is as feckless as they are and went out of his way not to be the fun police and tell the codes ("go sharks!! gee aren't I normal and not at all a freak?") to have some common decency and shut up shop.

Gil: Read, the, *******, room next time. The hubris of this has been shameless.

I'm quite excited at a potential silver lining of this situation being a change in the way we educate students. There's a lot of potential in the methods being trialled currently. The video conferencing with live messaging with students seems the way to go for this instance, though a lot of schools are just putting the work on online portals, which doesn't seem sufficient to me.
They can't expect out NBN in all its shitness to support everyone working from home and schooling . They would have to ban all streaming services to even make it remotely possible

The arrogance of Gil and his mates here was a sight to behold. This decision was made in opposition to medical advice which was plain for the entire world to see (see also: every other sporting code) and today's outcome was entirely predictable. The complete lack of leadership from an institution like the AFL - our indigenous bloody code FFS - was a joke.

I feel for blokes like Kreuzer and Ziebell who copped bad injuries which were totally needless. Oh, also, they're going to need to go to hospitals for surgery on those injuries at a time where people should be avoiding hospitals at all costs.

This was not a decision made by the league's medical advisors or anyone with an ounce of common sense. This was a game of chicken between the league's commercial arm, its lawyers and the broadcasters. Unfortunately for the comp, the PM is as feckless as they are and went out of his way not to be the fun police and tell the codes ("go sharks!! gee aren't I normal and not at all a freak?") to have some common decency and shut up shop.

Gil: Read, the, *******, room next time. The hubris of this has been shameless.
Do you know how many people are employed by and through the afl ?

There will be thousands of people without a job having no Income because of this .

I can see exactly why the afl tried to stay on as long as possible .

Do you know how many people are employed by and through the afl ?

There will be thousands of people without a job having no Income because of this .

I can see exactly why the afl tried to stay on as long as possible .

I don't disagree with that as a goal to aspire to, but the sort of people in the AFL industry who get paid on a casual basis were already sidelined the minute crowds were banned from the games.

This was about a force majeure bargaining chip with the broadcasters. "Sorry guys, the Government made us close it down."

NRLs plan to keep their season going might involve flying all players and officials to a remote mining camp in Queensland.

Unbelievable

This is exactly like when Krusty drove to that remote emergency broadcast tower just so he could stay on the air.

I thought there was something like a $25,000 package for small businesses, but there'll be conditions and hoops to jump through, the fire victims are still lining up waiting for their relief packages to trickle down.
It's not the governments fault that they activate shut downs, it's the new global reality, everybody will be doing it tough...

e18db8123d79d83dbf3ffab422ac0f51.jpg

a466632bf4b5cb04b9d89807309e4c80.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back