Could Sam Mitchell become a dual Bronlow medallist in 1 night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you honestly doubting the AFLs willingness to do things that make no sense whatsoever?

This. If they had the balls to make the call they would have done it back in January

As if you have plans for how Essendon can recruit 10 players but haven't discussed the brownlow

No one is more deserving of him. 3rd most brownlow votes of all time (almost double Hodge), dual runner up in the Norm Smith, still dominating at 33, probably the second most consistent player of all time behind Ablett Jnr. As Gunston said, first to training and last to leave.

If first is dq'd 2nd would win wouldn't it?

That is how I see it anyway
And do you really think the AFL would endorse a ceremony or presentation of a stripped Brownlow to second place?

Not going to happen.

Deserves one, He is 5th for all time votes and will likely move to 3rd this, maybe even second depending on Abletts season.
He has had the type of career that wins two Brownlows but there is a good chance he won't win any, I would love him to get at least one.

Tell me more about this Bronlow
G3Z2DY2.jpg

Well there has to be some justice... How could Sam Mitchell never win a brownlow... Oh s**t ...I just forgot he's not wearing the right colours...

3 vote C.Judd
2 votes Gazza
1 vote C.Judd

Now I know why the best player ever hasn't one the Brownlow his name also wasn't Judd! Silly me!!

Well there has to be some justice... How could Sam Mitchell never win a brownlow... Oh s**t ...I just forgot he's not wearing the right colours...

3 vote C.Judd
2 votes Gazza
1 vote C.Judd

Now I know why the best player ever hasn't one the Brownlow his name also wasn't Judd! Silly me!!

Sam Mitchell and Trent Cotchin for the 50th time will not receive the 2012 Brownlow Medal. On radio today said that due to the inconclusive evidence that Watson will not be stripped. Bombers Tigers and Hawks have been notified

3 vote C.Judd
2 votes Gazza
1 vote C.Judd

Can you not just be happy with your million premierships? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so. One of the reasons I like Clayton Oliver so much is that he seems to have a bit of extra time to make a decision in the contest, and always gets his hands free. Sammy Mitchell has made an art form out of this.

I hope so. One of the reasons I like Clayton Oliver so much is that he seems to have a bit of extra time to make a decision in the contest, and always gets his hands free. Sammy Mitchell has made an art form out of this.

2 different players. Sam Mitchell short stocky user. Clayton Oliver goes for clearance and gets handballs out

I imagine if they did take Jobes medal away they just wouldn't reward it to anyone. That year would have a massive asterix next to it and everyone will move on. I doubt Mitchell cares all that much regardless.

Would be one of the most nonsensical things imaginable to"find a way" for Jobe to keep his medal. FFS he is serving a 12 month ban for doping in the year he won it. I find it quite unbelievable how many in the AFL community swipe away the cold hard truth like swatting flies away. We all like Jobe and its a shitty thing but its not his medal and the sooner someone has the balls to do something about it the better.

Round 1 - 36 disposals (15 contested), 8 clearances, 5 tackles (Danger BOG, Mitchell the 2 IMO)
Round 2 - 37 disposals (12 contested), 9 clearances, 6 tackles (Gibson BOG, Mitchell the 2)
Round 3 - 29 disposals (9 contested), 4 clearances, 8 tackles (Most possessions and metres gained for winning side but hard to say with votes, I'd give him 1)
Round 4 - 44 disposals (20 contested), 10 clearances, 3 tackles (clear BOG - 3 votes)

He deserves it!!

L. Parker from the Swans would have been on 9 points after the first 3 games. Still ahead of Mitchell at this stage despite the dominance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back