Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

indirectly I think it does, people saw these protests and thought why shouldn't I get together with my family, if 10000 people can get together why can't we.
If the protestors stuck their heads in a fire should others do the same? What you consciously do has zero relevance to what I do. By your rationale it will be all good for each of us to start murdering others without punishment like the police and prison guards have done to our indigenous people.

If the protestors stuck their heads in a fire should others do the same? What you consciously do has zero relevance to what I do. By your rationale it will be all good for each of us to start murdering others without punishment like the police and prison guards have done to our indigenous people.
Sorry but all I am simply saying is that allowing mass protests during a pandemic is not a good idea regardless off the cause.

They must be keeping the numbers quiet in all the other capital cities hey?
Fancy those wascally pwotestors whinging about being murdered by law enforcement when you just wanna avoid a runny nose and watch some footy.
Pretty sure you condemned other posters for being silent, and therefore complicit, in the fight against systemic racism... or maybe you’re just talking about those maskless anti-lockdown knobs who made a bit of noise before the BLM marches?

I support the BLM movement. I don't support mass protests during a pandemic.

Once they’ve
Wow! That's a lot... I'd make a couple of hundred probably, maybe three at the outside. But if those people also walked around not knowing, then you can easily see how it just goes BANG! And we're back in the sh*t!

I always hate that when you accidentally go the wrong hole and bang you’re right there again. Thank goodness for anti bacterial wipes and a tolerant girlfriend

Oh hang on you were being metaphorical. Sorry. Carry on.

indirectly I think it does, people saw these protests and thought why shouldn't I get together with my family, if 10000 people can get together why can't we.
I agree. Good cause, wrong timing imo. Whilst I don't think the protest itself caused a spike, I think it made people go "well * this" and were a bit more liberal with their hand sanitizing and socializing. Which is where we are now

I agree. Good cause, wrong timing imo. Whilst I don't think the protest itself caused a spike, I think it made people go "well fu** this" and were a bit more liberal with their hand sanitizing and socializing. Which is where we are now

Also took a lot of the attention away from the pandemic and the fact it was spiking in many countries and even in Australia. For a while a few weeks ago the BLM protests were dominating the news cycle and the pandemic became secondary news.

This is not to blame the movement per se. I think it just says more about humanity's inability to prioritise multiple serious issues.

Also took a lot of the attention away from the pandemic and the fact it was spiking in many countries and even in Australia. For a while a few weeks ago the BLM protests were dominating the news cycle and the pandemic became secondary news.

This is not to blame the movement per se. I think it just says more about humanity's inability to prioritise multiple serious issues.
Saw some good tweets age ago about people not handling multiple serious issues at once and I'm inclined to agree

Perhaps you and brad cooper might see things differently if you or your loved ones, when going to Woolies to get essentials, you not only face the risk of being exposed to Covid, you being pulled over and murdered because the colour of your skin makes you a suspect.
Either way, BLM protestors are not to blame for the spike in Vic as you were happy to claim. I’m sure our wonderfully apolitical media would have jumped at the chance to beat up that story if true. Fact is.... 120000+ ppl across the country stood up for what is right without causing carnage, and if they are anything like me they have no regrets about potentially increasing anybody’s exposure to Covid to voice support against injustices that have gone on for too long and need to cease... yesterday!

Perhaps you and brad cooper might see things differently if you or your loved ones, when going to Woolies to get essentials, you not only face the risk of being exposed to Covid, you being pulled over and murdered because the colour of your skin makes you a suspect.
Either way, BLM protestors are not to blame for the spike in Vic as you were happy to claim. I’m sure our wonderfully apolitical media would have jumped at the chance to beat up that story if true. Fact is.... 120000+ ppl across the country stood up for what is right without causing carnage, and if they are anything like me they have no regrets about potentially increasing anybody’s exposure to Covid to voice support against injustices that have gone on for too long and need to cease... yesterday!

Please don't paint me with the ignorant or uninformed brush when I was the one copping it from every angle on here for saying it was a worthwhile cause for the AFL, and society in general, to support.

Unfortunately COVID-19 does not discriminate. Standing up for their rights to be treated equally is not going to stop minority communities from testing positive and becoming a potential casualty of the virus. In fact it has effected minority communities at a disproportionate rate in the US, so while it's important the BLM movement gains traction and becomes a priority in society, it will be undermined somewhat by the fatalities of a coronavirus spread that will hit their families.

I will just point out that if this happens, we'll then have to go into a WA hub ourselves at some point to play said Victorian clubs over there when its our turn to play away against some of the Victorian clubs.

Maybe its just me, but I'd rather not have the club stuck in WA for any period of time longer than a few days just so the Victorian clubs suffer a little hardship.

In any case the WA clubs shouldn't have a hub if their government isn't willing to open up to the rest of the country. There is plenty of other states and territories that are open or are opening their borders enough that if Victorian clubs need to leave the state, that the fall back option shouldn't automatically be the only state with a hard border.
I'm glad we're closed. Keep you festering *s out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are idiots out there who think the masks will prevent them from getting it. It's to stop you from spreading it you niwits. That's why I yell at *******s at my daily walk (around 11:30pm).

If you get it and you die. Good.

the BLM protests were a load of rubbish in australia, wont achieve anything and it didnt need to happen when it did, it broke the rules everyone else obeyed.
it sent a message that the rules were out the window and if you went you are a self centered prick, can hide behind the just cause if it helps you sleep at night,. some of the vitriol and abuse towards Australian police has been riddiculous

I suspect many of the "famlies" were attendees

the BLM protests were a load of rubbish in australia, wont achieve anything and it didnt need to happen when it did, it broke the rules everyone else obeyed.
it sent a message that the rules were out the window and if you went you are a self centered prick, can hide behind the just cause if it helps you sleep at night,. some of the vitriol and abuse towards Australian police has been riddiculous

*en ay!!!

As with any cause, just or otherwise, you get the few who ruin it for the many. Worthy is not even the correct word for the cause. I would go with crucial. However the protests should not have happened during a pandemic. Simple as that.

Please don't paint me with the ignorant or uninformed brush when I was the one copping it from every angle on here for saying it was a worthwhile cause for the AFL, and society in general, to support.

Unfortunately COVID-19 does not discriminate. Standing up for their rights to be treated equally is not going to stop minority communities from testing positive and becoming a potential casualty of the virus. In fact it has effected minority communities at a disproportionate rate in the US, so while it's important the BLM movement gains traction and becomes a priority in society, it will be undermined somewhat by the fatalities of a coronavirus spread that will hit their families.
I appreciate you have been one of the good guys with regard to BLM and maintaining lockdowns.. but IMO pointing the finger at protestors for this current spike is not justified that’s all.
Tell me this... given there is no end in sight for Covid and, as has been mooted by many experts, more viruses likely to follow... when would be a fair time for the oppressed to resume their struggle for basic human rights?

I appreciate you have been one of the good guys with regard to BLM and maintaining lockdowns.. but IMO pointing the finger at protestors for this current spike is not justified that’s all.
Tell me this... given there is no end in sight for Covid and, as has been mooted by many experts, more viruses likely to follow... when would be a fair time for the oppressed to resume their struggle for basic human rights?

You may note I said "AND protesters". There are many causes for the resurgence of the virus, and I think an element of complacency is a major source. What could cause such complacency? Mass protests becoming the dominant news story and pushing a deadly pandemic to the background would be pretty high up there IMO.

What I heard on the radio today summed things up. The muppets from the north - west crying foul that their suburbs were being picked on. Their argument, just put the whole state in lockdown again and everything will be good. These *******s couldn't social distance in the first place, these *******s are all trying to change their addresses on licences to avoid the lockdown. The people of these suburbs are the reason they are in lockdown. If they put the whole state in lockdown, these same *s playing victim would be the same people who will do what they want anyway and continue spreading the virus while the rest of us that are doing the right thing remain locked down so they don't get upset. Suck it up, stay at home, stay the * away from each other and wash your ******* hands you grubs.

If a few thousand people can march in the city then why cant i go and have a party at a mates house, it was the most ridiculous ruling i have ever heard from in a court of law.

Dont get me started on the Kneeling virtue signalling do ppl know your taking a knee to a man who once held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant women ffs while his friends looted her house.

If a few thousand people can march in the city then why cant i go and have a party at a mates house, it was the most ridiculous ruling i have ever heard from in a court of law.

Dont get me started on the Kneeling virtue signalling do ppl know your taking a knee to a man who once held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant women ffs while his friends looted her house.
There haven't been any transmissions related to any of the protests detected. There have been a bunch from private parties.

Why?

Because transmission is a lot higher when you are in an enclosed space which doesn't allow the virus to disperse so easily and when you spend a significant amount of time with an infected person rather than just having brief contact.

George Floyd wasn't a saint. That doesn't mean he should have been murdered by police.

If Richmond were denied entry to Queensland for their scheduled match against WCE, this week, why is there going to be 6 Victorian clubs in Gold Coast hub?

St Kilda will spend July in a hub in Noosa, players and staff have been informed.
Noosa is a two-hour drive to Brisbane then a 1.5 hour flight to Sydney.
It’s expected the Saints will play games in both capital cities but spend their weeks in Noosa.

also North Melbourne, Essendon and Richmond in Gold Coast hub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back