Craig Hutchison - North to Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Evidence of this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vic clubs bought docklands for the league....that's a fair slice of money.

Ohter elements have been mentioned previously.

Vic clubs bought docklands for the league....that's a fair slice of money.

Ohter elements have been mentioned previously.
Did they now?

Have they now?

Yes mentioned often but when ever stats are asked for, you disappear from the thread to pop up elsewhere stating the same thing

Last edited:

Evidence of this?

West coast aren't even the highest revenue club in the league...

That's pretty solid evidence that vic clubs provide more

Yup, why the hell would we want the Kangaroos here? We are also the only state who don't actually have Kangaroos (as in the fauna).
Well, except for the various types of kangaroo that exist in Tasmania. There might not be any in the south, there sure as * were when I was a kid in the north-east. As well as pademelons and wallabies.

Well, except for the various types of kangaroo that exist in Tasmania. There might not be any in the south, there sure as **** were when I was a kid in the north-east. As well as pademelons and wallabies.

Pretty sure we had roos in our garden all the time when I was living in Launnie as a youngster.

This isn't a Victorian v non Victorian issue, no doubt tassie should have a team as the sport expands whether its north or stand alone most would prefer stand alone and so would I

But if you can't accept there is too much concentration in one region to get the whole of Australia covered with the growth that the AFL are hoping for you aren't being honest

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did they now?

Have they now?

Yes mentiomed often but when ever stats are asked for, you disappear from the thread to pop up elsewhere stating the same thing

I don't recall having been asked before, but then, I don't read every reply I receive (especially from some posters) I suppose it's possible.

I say it because it's self evident...

The original docklands deal was for the owners to hand over control of the stadium to the AFL in return for a certain number of games to be played there (without checking, I think it was ultimately around 1000) at the end of which they would hand it over in return for $1.

It stands to reason that the ground owners were always going to extract the money to pay for the ground, and their profits directly and indirectly from the games that were played there and thus the stadium deals offered to those clubs. In effect, the clubs would receive less of the revenue earned in order to pay for the ground.

If you think there is any other way they would have made such a commercial arrangement, please enlighten us all.

Last edited:
Did they now?

Have they now?

Yes mentiomed often but when ever stats are asked for, you disappear from the thread to pop up elsewhere stating the same thing

It was a rent to own situation, which clubs paid the rent for 17 years? This isnt rocket science.

This isn't a Victorian v non Victorian issue, no doubt tassie should have a team as the sport expands whether its north or stand alone most would prefer stand alone and so would I

But if you can't accept there is too much concentration in one region to get the whole of Australia covered with the growth that the AFL are hoping for you aren't being honest

OK...If Vic, having 10 clubs for 6 Million people is 'too much concentration', what is the 'right' concentration of clubs in your eyes?

I was speaking more of what the various clubs contribute to league revenue.

Vic clubs bought docklands, get taxed by AFL memberships and have their AFL take a slice out of their stadium deals.

I'm not aware of any non Vic clubs paying to any similar degree (all clubs do get taxed for AFL memberships, but the numbers of 'supporting members' per club mean the AFL gets a lot more from Vic clubs).

You don't have a single AFL premiership cup.

Not 1.

Melbourne can GAGF.

Im not getting into this premierships worth debate in this thread. May want to read the rest of the thread before spouting off. I don't support killing off, merging or relocating any clubs

Well said !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK...If Vic, having 10 clubs for 6 Million people is 'too much concentration', what is the 'right' concentration of clubs in your eyes?

All depends on how the sport can grow in the northern states considering they hold over 50% of Australia's population

After all that is in the AFLs goals snd planning and tassie comes as a bonus if the tassie government will support it like the SA government has supported it here

Well, except for the various types of kangaroo that exist in Tasmania. There might not be any in the south, there sure as **** were when I was a kid in the north-east. As well as pademelons and wallabies.
Yeah, I cooked that one.
I remember hearing we didn't have them in Hobart when I was a kid at Bonarong Park, applied it to the rest of Tas.

All depends on how the sport can grow in the northern states considering they hold over 50% of Australia's populatio

Yeah, but you want to get rid of Vic clubs now, not if the sport can grow in the northern states.

As things stand now, what do you think the 'right' concentration of clubs is, given 10 for 6million people is 'too many'?

Yeah, but you want to get rid of Vic clubs now, not if the sport can grow in the northern states.

As things stand now, what do you think the 'right' concentration of clubs is, given 10 for 6million people is 'too many'?

No I would rather see a stand alone tassie team but I would question if 19 teams is too many or do we need 20

As for Victorian clubs if the AFL are wasting all their money on trying to go north then all will survive but if their investment pays off then yes a big reduction in Vic clubs is required

How on earth does this have 19 pages?

Wouldn't put it past Hutchy to make a dozen aliases to keep bumping a thread he paid for.

Interestingly - on average 1 team per 600 thousand in Vic...

but Tassie don't have 600 thousand - closer to 500 thousand.

So in theory moving to Tassie decreases the market for that club... Probably why Tassie will struggle to get a stand alone team.

Hutchy's hybrid (which is likely an AFL model?) may be what North end up with.

Ground work is clearly being laid.

No one wants their club relocating to another state.

North Melbourne supporters, you have my upmost respect for standing up and fighting for your club. You guys don't have the luxury of supporting one of the big Victorian clubs, that is safe from relocation discussions. Nonetheless you guys fight tooth and nail to defend your small/boutique club. That is hardcore and passionate.

It shits me to see supporters of bigger Victorian clubs throwing stones at North Melbourne fans. For instance, I've noticed several Richmond supporters puffing their chest about crowd numbers and in turn slagging off North Melbourne. It's even worse to see supporters of the smaller Victorian clubs pushing for North's death rather than all banding together against this relocation agenda.

So if you really like this whole relocation or merger agenda then just nominate your own club, otherwise just shut your *en mouth because your opinions are just annoying.

Last edited:
Interestingly - on average 1 team per 600 thousand in Vic...

but Tassie don't have 600 thousand - closer to 500 thousand.

So in theory moving to Tassie decreases the market for that club... Probably why Tassie will struggle to get a stand alone team.

Hutchy's hybrid (which is likely an AFL model?) may be what North end up with.

Ground work is clearly being laid.

Problem is averages then suggest Collingwood has the same amount of support as north

Is that the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back