Craig Hutchison - North to Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

That makes my point

Melbourne is so oversaturated with footy you make more in the nt

Get people attending games and this wont be an issue - uou own the mcc and have a sweet stadium deal in the biggest ground in the country. What more do you need to be viable long term in melbourne, because it wont get better than this for Melbourne

It will only get worse for the Demons. Their share of MCC members will only continue to decrease in the years and decades ahead.

It will only get worse for the Demons. Their share of MCC members will only continue to decrease in the years and decades ahead.

Better for the club as they will have more supporters signing up as MFC members rather than just MCC or MCC with a minor donation to the MFC for a dual membership.

He missed mine.
Well no, he didn't. His response made sense in relation to yours

The MCC supporters give us hardly any benefit as it is. Club supporter bases are growing with population (even if it is minor in the cases of the smaller clubs). IF our MCC numbers are declining, but supporters are increasing (increase in membership and attendance shows this) then it means people will purchase MFC instead of MCC memberships, which is of more benefit.

I'm unsure why MCC members dying is any indication that we will lose members or supporters. Shouldn't we be losing them year on year if this is the case?

Well no, he didn't. His response made sense in relation to yours

The MCC supporters give us hardly any benefit as it is. Club supporter bases are growing with population (even if it is minor in the cases of the smaller clubs). IF our MCC numbers are declining, but supporters are increasing (increase in membership and attendance shows this) then it means people will purchase MFC instead of MCC memberships, which is of more benefit.

I'm unsure why MCC members dying is any indication that we will lose members or supporters. Shouldn't we be losing them year on year if this is the case?

You do lose support year on year, in truth. You're a small club to begin with. You're a small club that's played finals 12 years out of the last 50. You're in a city with numerous better clubs. Population growth helps the stats, and that is growth, but it helps most of the rest of us even more. Your share of the football fanbase diminishes. When the MCC members die, they just don't die. Their kids and grandkids and greatgrandkids support somebody else. Unless you go on a 10-year premiership streak that captures an entire generation of Melburnian kids, this will not change.

You do lose support year on year, in truth. You're a small club to begin with. You're a small club that's played finals 12 years out of the last 50. You're in a city with numerous better clubs. Population growth helps the stats, and that is growth, but it helps most of the rest of us even more. Your share of the football fanbase diminishes. When the MCC members die, they just don't die. Their kids and grandkids and greatgrandkids support somebody else. Unless you go on a 10-year premiership streak that captures an entire generation of Melburnian kids, this will not change.
Source. And YouTube videos don't count

So you're saying our supporter base is getting smaller but our membership is growing? And that MCC members have never died until now? And when an MCC MFC fan dies their kids all change clubs?

So population growth grows things, but our share diminishes, but we won't grow we will shrink

Yeah. Gonna need a source. Since you know membership figures and attendance show the opposite of what you claim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to be sympathetic to North, but if it suits both them and Tasmania to re-locate, then I wish them well.

Brent Harvey was very loyal to North, and had opportunities during his career to move on for better money. He easily had another year in him. North now sitting 16th on the ladder.

Hey, we can afford to bottom out now & then.

Unlike some OTHER clubs.:rolleyes:

The emotion is a big issue and I do see that so much history will be lost if North Melbourne does re locate to Hobart, but the reason there was so much heart break with Fitzroy in the first place is because the identity of the club was completely lost as they were completely taken over by Brisbane and have nothing based in Melbourne. At leased if North does move to Tassie their identity will be kept, they won’t be merging with anyone and will still get 9 games in Melbourne anyway to reconnect with fans.

Last Fridays match was really poor, even if more fans had gamed into Etihad Stadium there still would of been little passion from the stands, as had been the case most weeks at Etihad. I don’t see the huge loss in todays day and age. There are no such things as home grounds anymore anyway, whats the difference between going to play at a concrete stadium at Etihad or playing games in Tasmania.

It can benefit North in so many ways economically with their membership numbers swelling to over 50K with so many Tasmania members signing up. Also if the AFL wants to truly “Nationalize the game” than they need have a team in Tasmania, what better way than evening things out by taking another team out of Victoria which is way to crowded and is effecting other clubs.

Like Hutchy, when you consider all these things, it really is a no brainier for the Roos, the AFL and the future of our great game.

The emotion is a big issue and I do see that so much history will be lost if North Melbourne does re locate to Hobart, but the reason there was so much heart break with Fitzroy in the first place is because the identity of the club was completely lost as they were completely taken over by Brisbane and have nothing based in Melbourne. At leased if North does move to Tassie their identity will be kept, they won’t be merging with anyone and will still get 9 games in Melbourne anyway to reconnect with fans.

Last Fridays match was really poor, even if more fans had gamed into Etihad Stadium there still would of been little passion from the stands, as had been the case most weeks at Etihad. I don’t see the huge loss in todays day and age. There are no such things as home grounds anymore anyway, whats the difference between going to play at a concrete stadium at Etihad or playing games in Tasmania.

It can benefit North in so many ways economically with their membership numbers swelling to over 50K with so many Tasmania members signing up. Also if the AFL wants to truly “Nationalize the game” than they need have a team in Tasmania, what better way than evening things out by taking another team out of Victoria which is way to crowded and is effecting other clubs.

Like Hutchy, when you consider all these things, it really is a no brainier for the Roos, the AFL and the future of our great game.
Don't they have a stagnant population down there?

It won't work and you wouldn't be able to attract or keep decent players.

The north/south divide is also a killer.

They'd have to make it a purely tassie team for locals to stop following the tigers or st kilda in any real numbers.

Hutchy is still getting fed under the table by the mob clubs and butters his bread by licking the balls of collingwood heirarchy and its paper buyers.

The day that fat hutchy grows a pair and moves away from ratings and youth hysterics is the day Tassie should welcome a bastard child on its death bed that will likely fall on its arse and set back a tas team for generations.

but the reason there was so much heart break with Fitzroy in the first place is because the identity of the club was completely lost as they were completely taken over by Brisbane and have nothing based in Melbourne.

Gawd. Yet again.

Last Saturday. In Melbourne.

CdMl1FRrBHV2v0OQbwGgSgrN0XJUlO2g9HgDrs0zKeJfJGbzZeq1kaaD39dAVeaqy1JRGcLUAl2cEU6J93y4sBNUb9FTy3QVienxGkRYCm-DCHtuFmsRZsPKqJURU5QxVso1oRqRl5SUDtjKuWg2SY0a7OfgA1sHsQz75BLCCsTj15mB8D82953p15qlb6murElsxRVxBgvFE754d4ljdhG1_XVXGXJOlR5O7DD6pQ1ML0hsz-X7kb3slYtndSKxeg3FqwRlRX6N6Fnu0_odJ9lrB2ejwzQUkmoO4sppk378TdkH9vQeJz_fkErxefYA0kbzFUxF9HQauBxHhlpNkwILAuTk40EnpPS4b-LyYug8zxCfXvQ7UXfCtEDNgIjvvIIrwbdPjdL8kH1F6eM_X1N8gPi9P3CmEyBa-DB5QZpZgNbR7s9VdC9gBbaStoAO0vtiTT4ltH8nkq2C3I_Qhp5F2B4bUF_FS9EzkjARmULkZv1WdC-l2TjhZilWqX7gKj8Otz6fMaEKcmZHl8EIqQHXDjwAtOJkU9F9qL6VNiVrFfJb111s2mQOcetRCrhK4R12oOXGhx8tmW0YpS8BXvcXBTIei2u8bzQ03GPwfZhYv3pTTq3K1QcaGUulBF6TNfJablga3JkZ0UsBsne-CEluh3dBZq05R4TH8gQ14Xw=w979-h759-no

M03uxHR1MSxL73_JSktejlRKgT68GYxfNw37pjFX_TzSIJKFAozEPxugZRwFCCPOzT2Uu45iBQSZnTDS5UseZuuloRdXm1BCS-d8TScYQyuUkbuG7Dwt7_y5jlTSN_jO7D2XAhkmYE1xqAQf5y5kk6jhhwbW6zw5MDHcJTmudF2cBtVUcOcxPX3F5OhppH0udMK8dlA-ZG925ftMJIJTtHXZMVDz1y8668RY9Z5AoY7deND8bbxit20OqUfsI8KEBXCBmttMTVBN2LPqG6Qf3vsCA-3V3xzh50m4YJ3Y9_HbI57q5VJWCDdr5Uc4iMiGYOn0IKBfUdJju3LXvEZiNz0eftkkA_oJoPIGcnSxSXbzxk2Q-esjSy58oPbx471ZfasUTNXYAYhVl0a6sk7GE_SzhUc-WUQAn5FzBf1-8VWxeQlphnf3eloP7UvpkqeMOYvQsI2Ywh-jqYYalNHfc8fXCcp4b2JWvOTBFXl75dON3FKrME1miCyTuj5Z27PvR0es7Yl3YlgWlwNoe2AV3NjYmZRrkkCZwpYLwwu_-LVa5dpfZsEMq5IzVu7zB_Y7dYr6o5WkzphJBEf7duiGUeH0VCsNj74eStWq195CNhXZgvvMqMnBlTgFLouNmcSJizJlODCY8uLiIyj51havFOHuOvJuJYxXLVl-xEFKB40=w1116-h760-no

|
|
V

Gawd. Yet again.

Last Saturday. In Melbourne.

CdMl1FRrBHV2v0OQbwGgSgrN0XJUlO2g9HgDrs0zKeJfJGbzZeq1kaaD39dAVeaqy1JRGcLUAl2cEU6J93y4sBNUb9FTy3QVienxGkRYCm-DCHtuFmsRZsPKqJURU5QxVso1oRqRl5SUDtjKuWg2SY0a7OfgA1sHsQz75BLCCsTj15mB8D82953p15qlb6murElsxRVxBgvFE754d4ljdhG1_XVXGXJOlR5O7DD6pQ1ML0hsz-X7kb3slYtndSKxeg3FqwRlRX6N6Fnu0_odJ9lrB2ejwzQUkmoO4sppk378TdkH9vQeJz_fkErxefYA0kbzFUxF9HQauBxHhlpNkwILAuTk40EnpPS4b-LyYug8zxCfXvQ7UXfCtEDNgIjvvIIrwbdPjdL8kH1F6eM_X1N8gPi9P3CmEyBa-DB5QZpZgNbR7s9VdC9gBbaStoAO0vtiTT4ltH8nkq2C3I_Qhp5F2B4bUF_FS9EzkjARmULkZv1WdC-l2TjhZilWqX7gKj8Otz6fMaEKcmZHl8EIqQHXDjwAtOJkU9F9qL6VNiVrFfJb111s2mQOcetRCrhK4R12oOXGhx8tmW0YpS8BXvcXBTIei2u8bzQ03GPwfZhYv3pTTq3K1QcaGUulBF6TNfJablga3JkZ0UsBsne-CEluh3dBZq05R4TH8gQ14Xw=w979-h759-no

M03uxHR1MSxL73_JSktejlRKgT68GYxfNw37pjFX_TzSIJKFAozEPxugZRwFCCPOzT2Uu45iBQSZnTDS5UseZuuloRdXm1BCS-d8TScYQyuUkbuG7Dwt7_y5jlTSN_jO7D2XAhkmYE1xqAQf5y5kk6jhhwbW6zw5MDHcJTmudF2cBtVUcOcxPX3F5OhppH0udMK8dlA-ZG925ftMJIJTtHXZMVDz1y8668RY9Z5AoY7deND8bbxit20OqUfsI8KEBXCBmttMTVBN2LPqG6Qf3vsCA-3V3xzh50m4YJ3Y9_HbI57q5VJWCDdr5Uc4iMiGYOn0IKBfUdJju3LXvEZiNz0eftkkA_oJoPIGcnSxSXbzxk2Q-esjSy58oPbx471ZfasUTNXYAYhVl0a6sk7GE_SzhUc-WUQAn5FzBf1-8VWxeQlphnf3eloP7UvpkqeMOYvQsI2Ywh-jqYYalNHfc8fXCcp4b2JWvOTBFXl75dON3FKrME1miCyTuj5Z27PvR0es7Yl3YlgWlwNoe2AV3NjYmZRrkkCZwpYLwwu_-LVa5dpfZsEMq5IzVu7zB_Y7dYr6o5WkzphJBEf7duiGUeH0VCsNj74eStWq195CNhXZgvvMqMnBlTgFLouNmcSJizJlODCY8uLiIyj51havFOHuOvJuJYxXLVl-xEFKB40=w1116-h760-no

|
|
V
Well there you go, I stand corrected (I didn't know that Btw). But what I was really referring to was nothing was really left AFL wise for the history of Fitzroy. But you would have to agree so many Fizroy fans like yourself have probably stopped watching AFL and watch this instead because of how much heartbreak was associated with the merger.

Last edited:
This attendance crap is largely irrelevant as the T.V. bucks are where you find the big money.

Not really.

Media rights is about 25% of the total income by the league/clubs. Important, yes, but you can't ignore the other elements. Sponsorship would also have a relationship to the number and enthusiasm of supporters.

North Melbourne suck.

I don't even want to see them relocate/merge.

I want to see the AFL revoke their license and force them to become a prostitution hub just for the lols of watching their fans cry.

North Melbourne suck.

I don't even want to see them relocate/merge.

I want to see the AFL revoke their license and force them to become a prostitution hub just for the lols of watching their fans cry.

The way the sport is going I don't think many will lose sleep by not having a team to follow, in fact put us in the vfl and I'd follow that.

It's a shame more Fitzroy supporters don't follow the real thing down at Brunswick st.

11 away games in Tasmania.

I think the club would almost cop that.

Somehow, I don't think it would sit too well with the other 17 clubs.

:rolleyes:
We could play one of them. Not much different for us. But the other 16 clubs would not be happy at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back