Cricket 2007 - Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It is disappointing by the sound of it. I don't want it to be a chore to get through a test match.

Have you played Ricky Ponting Cricket?? How did that compare to the EA game last year? Do you think RPIC 07 will be good?

I personally thought that Ricky Ponting cricket was garbage I didn't like that way it played at all.

RPIC was quite limiting at times yes but I thought that it was fun. If they fixed up the few annoying errors then 07 could be an amazing game. Remember that it has online play which means that crappy AI can be nullified to a certain extent.

I find I do better slogging rather than playing properly
which is stupid.
And when running you don't slide your bat until you are half way past the crease :rolleyes:
Oh and I don't know if anybody else has had this problem but Ive only had 1 stumping opertunity and the keeper just took it but didn't even attempt to take the bails off.

After careful consideration i have come to the conclusion this game is far too easy

2vrzat5.jpg

Batting analysis from this game
2q395wi.jpg

It was on one of the easier levels but still... i must have set about 8 World Records (Soz Cam White)

I'm finding it a lot like Cricket '05, in that it is taking me quite awhile to time my strokes accurately (ewww mind out of gutters people). First few games i was getting all out for 3, 8, 10, 20, 40, gradually building up my score as i get better.

I did pretty well in the bowling first up, i got 2 wickets (caught & bowled) in the first over i played :thumbsu:. It does feel like a chore, at times, bowling maiden after maiden keeping their run rate down is good for when it is your turn to bat... but it just feels boring and uneventful.

Slowly getting there, i can only do straight drives properly that result in either 4's or 6's. The other shots i attempt to pull off usually only get as far as the bowlers crease. I've been able to do similar shots as cricket '05, you know half swinging the bat, which makes the ball deflect off it at an angle, the ball then goes straight to the boundry thanks to the lack of fielders in the area :p.

The current game i am playing, i've had to score 350 in the second innings to win. Thanks to scoring a few 4's & 6's using the straight drive, i'm well on the way to doing it (at 1/104 or thereabouts).There have been quite a few close calls (failed lbw appeals and dropped catches), as well as a fair few balls have been left to go straight to the keeper.

I struggle on 3 stars for One Dayers but in a test match I can dominate it. :thumbsdown:

Also for mine the computer bowls far too straight, especially in Test matches where you barely ever see a ball outside of off stump and on a good length. which is where most balls go in a real test match (unless you are versing Harmison)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didn't play 05 much but about the same. the century stick ads no functionality. it simply changes it from pressing buttons to moving the analog stick but you don't get 360 shot selection like you do in BLIC.

didn't play 05 much but about the same. the century stick ads no functionality. it simply changes it from pressing buttons to moving the analog stick but you don't get 360 shot selection like you do in BLIC.
I suppose you can only do shot selection like this?

\|/
- -
/|\

Pretty much. Any slight changes to the direction on the analog stick results in no changes to the shot placement so it's hard to get through the gaps in the field. Any major changes to the direction of the analog stick results in a completely different shot being played which really throws you off.

Pretty much. Any slight changes to the direction on the analog stick results in no changes to the shot placement so it's hard to get through the gaps in the field. Any major changes to the direction of the analog stick results in a completely different shot being played which really throws you off.
well thats great news seems my game should arrive tomorrow:thumbsdown:

hahaha well hopefully you like it more than I do. You can still have fun with it after installing some patches which are popping up over at planetcricket.net

Bought it yesterday, couldn't resist, because I would buy it anyway.

I like it to be honest, because it isn't impossible to get through the gap, but at a harder difficulty level it is, so you can have strong oppositions if needed, but you also know you can play a straight drive for six.

The idea of this game wasn't just in the century stick, which in my opinion isn't worth criticising. I find it good enough, as I look at my spider and see a little change in direction. Then again, it was built for gameplay, which has improved.

Ashes scenarios good as well, so their is a point in playing it, like classic matches!

I bought the game today, and once again im pretty disappointed with it.

It is way too easy again, with the confidence metres having absolutely nothing to do with how well you bat. And to top it off, not all teams are licenced this time around..i know that india and sri lanka arent, so they have stupid made up names such as tendulkar is something like s.tendher

lucky i got it from eb so i can get a refund :thumbsdown:
Confidence effects your batsman's shot timing, it makes it easier to time shots correctly on full confidence.

Yet again tried to enjoy it and just can't. Really just a bad game full stop and no amounts of patches will fix that. Lets prey for RPIC 2007 to be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back