Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a Summer Test I do think Perth would benefit with the day nighter. Cooler evening, less sweltering heat. Again, we'll never get it, and kudos to SA.
We've already had one and it rated well. We should be pushing for it against India Pakistan etc, time zone makes it perfect

I really love the the members set up outside AO. Wish we could some how have something like that for the cricket

In all honesty, bugger campaigning for a single Test match. WA needs to secede, form its own Test team and host an entire Test series in Perth. I suggest offering the Australian cricket team the chance to tour for the inaugural series.

In all honesty, bugger campaigning for a single Test match. WA needs to secede, form its own Test team and host an entire Test series in Perth. I suggest offering the Australian cricket team the chance to tour for the inaugural series.
Would at least guarantee two test playing nations.

I can’t think of another sport where one player has been so statistically dominant in comparison to everyone else across generations

It’s Bradman first and a lap around the sun before getting to 2nd
Walter Lindrum in Billiards was one.

But for me the winner was Heather McKay in Squash.

From 1962 to retirement in 1981 (at age 40) she was never beaten. NEVER. Just think about that. Won the British Open (considered the world championships) 16 times without dropping a game in any final. In fact, over the 16 tournaments, she only dropped 2 games in 16 years, still winning those matches 3-1.
While absolutely dominant at one sport was also good enough to play hockey for Australia and win multiple top level raquetball championships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So FOS...

Cricket NSW chief executive Lee Germon said.
“Ultimately, we want what is best for Australian cricket and the fans of our sport, but we strongly believe that is not served by moving a long standing and successful piece of the calendar.”

I thought we were talking about sports.
Lindrum is one of of the select few inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame as a Legend.
In the Hall of Fame, a sports person (usually one to three per year) is elevated to Legend status.
Lindrum was Legended in 1998, alongside Margaret Court. And before Rod Laver, Heather McKay, Greg Norman or Jack Brabham (for example).

He was thought of very highly by none other than Don Bradman.
Following his death, cricketing legend Sir Donald Bradman wrote to Lindrum's niece, Dolly Lindrum: "In my opinion he was not only the greatest billiards player who ever lived, but he was also the most modest of great champions."

That's good enough for me to call him as a sportsman.

Lindrum is one of of the select few inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame as a Legend.
In the Hall of Fame, a sports person (usually one to three per year) is elevated to Legend status.
Lindrum was Legended in 1998, alongside Margaret Court. And before Rod Laver, Heather McKay, Greg Norman or Jack Brabham (for example).

He was thought of very highly by none other than Don Bradman.
Following his death, cricketing legend Sir Donald Bradman wrote to Lindrum's niece, Dolly Lindrum: "In my opinion he was not only the greatest billiards player who ever lived, but he was also the most modest of great champions."

That's good enough for me to call him as a sportsman.
I was just making a joke.

Any game where the participants wear bow ties and waist jackets is clearly a sport.

For a Summer Test I do think Perth would benefit with the day nighter. Cooler evening, less sweltering heat. Again, we'll never get it, and kudos to SA.
When they brought it in, I thought the day-nighter would become the default time when they had to play a test at a place/season with extreme heat, or on a workday. I don't understand why both the Perth and Adelaide tests can't be day/night, it's perfect for the time of year that they're played.

When they brought it in, I thought the day-nighter would become the default time when they had to play a test at a place/season with extreme heat, or on a workday. I don't understand why both the Perth and Adelaide tests can't be day/night, it's perfect for the time of year that they're played.

because a perth d/n test would finish at midnight on the east coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back