Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Blade Runner's impending trial, I hear that SA police have found a bloodied cricket bat in his house. Now the obvious question is, could Blade Runner be dismissed LBW? Or would it be BBW? Or would he be exempt from that mode of dismissal?

Blade before wicket.

Some of your best work there.

Virat Kohli - the flower.

Dhoni was magnificent and there's hardly any pitch left for the Aussies to bat on. It's not looking good.

Looks like this......

Court3&4repair_l.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather not be reminded of the abominable state of the Australian cricket team on the main North board, surely this belongs in the Lounge.

With the way this series is going it wouldn't be out of place in the toilet BS.

Is this the worst Australian side ever? Bowling is insipid and we have one batsman. Trying hard to watch this test but it is embarassing.

I honestly can't get my head around selection - either for the tour (Voges, Ferguson?)or this particular match. Leaving Lyon out of this match was just plain crazy and persisting with Cowan and Hughes (who can't play spin at all) is mindboggling.

This team might've at least been competitive:
Warner
Watson
Kawaja
Clarke
Henriques
Wade
Maxwell
Doherty
Siddle/Starc
Patinson
Lyon

Looks leke this will be an ugly innings defeat. Let's hope Maxwell makes some runs and takes a couple of wickets.

Very true Mr R. He has more than a small case of the Dean Jones' about him, recipe waffle aside.

Just turned on the test match and Matty is talking about the time when he was forced to sit in an ice bath at days end at Chennai instead of having a cup of tea and a chat with his friends (Langer?). I missed the start of his story. I assume it would have begun with ''I remember when I made a double century here a few years ago and at the end of the day's play.......''. I think he was suggesting he would have preferred to discuss his stellar innings with Langer than sit in an ice bath.

I watched a bit of the test match yesterday and he was telling us how he had spoken to a couple of old Indian spinners - Bedi and some bloke with a really long name - about the psychology of Indian spinners before he'd carved up their spin attack (including his old mate, Harbajan) in some test match.

Reminds me of the old joke: ''Well, enough of me talking about myself. Why don't you talk about me for a while?''

As promised I will once again post the thoughts of the great Onip from the beyond.

A certain Turkey had this to say about the 4 Aussie Cricketers suspended for the 3rd Indian Test via email today.

A certain Turkey said:
You know what, the more I read about this stuff, the more I start to think maybe these 4 clowns needed to be exposed.

Obviously Clarke agrees with it all (& is possibly the force behind it) - if the coach & captain want you do something, you do it, even if you don't agree with it. These guys are representing their country & it sounds like they are paying it lip-service.

Mickey Arthur might be a knob but there's no doubt Clarke is right behind the idea & he's the one the matters.

Onip's response was.

Onip said:
Mate if Swallow and BS axed MD for not doing his homework I wouldn’t be impressed!!!

Geez, punter's really giving the shield competition what for this year.

For those who called for his head incessantly, time for that humble pie. Eat up.

I find it interesting that Oscar Pretoria's bloodied cricket bat didn't get a mention on this thread. I know I never mentioned it. Apparently there's footage of Blade Runner wearing overalls dancing down the wicket to The Frog in a Blender at a junior Provincial Carnival. Has anyone been unable to locate this footage? Would love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back