Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I attended my first Club Teal home game in a non-corporate environment. What a fun night !! (it was my wife’s first game of AFL since 94/95).

We arrived around 4:30 to pick up the tickets, we were waiting for the booths to open and due to a couple of longnecks before getting there I needed the little room so asked an official looking person where the nearest loo's were. Yep, go around the corner there, walk to the end, turn left and there you go.

To my surprise I walked into the GDV with about 50 or so Club Teal nuffies having pre-game Woodstock’s, a few piercing glares and a couple of sledges on the walk through but it was all in good fun. Hats off to Club Teal, the beer was cold, a great price and a great atmosphere. The GDV filled up pretty quick and I only had one nuffie have a crack at me about my money going back to Club Teal, I politely advised him that his rabble needed every cent they could scrummage up. (this was the first of many times my wife asked me to “pipe down and remember where you are”).

We only had GA tickets and by the time we went looking for a seat we were told that the Hill was the only spot left, that wasn’t going to wash with the lovely. Went up to level 5 in the Eastern Stand, waited for the blue coat to get distracted and made out way up to plenty of empty seats. I was smack in the middle of enemy territory. I was mindful of my language but had a great night sledging the Club Teal players at every opportunity, it was like the good old days (SANFL) when you had 2 supporter groups at the games going toe to toe. There was only one knob in our area (yes, hard to believe), the rest of the Club Teal supporter enjoyed the banter flying both ways. Didn’t see any trouble at all in our section.

Why doesn’t the AFC have a GDV setup? I don’t care about the whole copying Club Teal s**t. It’s a great setup and the perfect place to get lubricated before the game at a decent price.

Just realized it's entirely possible that Eddie could have 70 goals by the end of Friday night. How many genuine smalls could boast 70 during the H&A? Would be insane if he can pull it off.

TRAIN STRIKE!!!!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/a6d10f85a6d9a4199b037833c0bf89b7

CROWS fans’ travel plans for next week’s Friday night clash against West Coast have been thrown into chaos by a train drivers’ strike.

The announcement of industrial action next week is the latest shot by the Adelaide Metro workers in their battle with the State Government over wages and conditions.

We should go for more than $50K, after all people want to attend our games.

Adelaide Metro have sent out a fairly ambiguous press release about Friday. The Thursday action is pretty clear, but 'Reduced capacity and frequency' for Friday is quite ambiguous. Is it just the Belair/Grange lines affected? Is is just Footy Express trains affected?

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Ann...-ACTION-THURSDAY-25-AND-FRIDAY-26-AUGUST-2016

EDIT: Looks like the train drivers themselves can't work out what they want to do. Some are striking. Some have broken away and will work anyway. That would explain the ambiguity of the press release. Looks like it might be safer to get the bus to/from the game.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...t/news-story/17bfe1899b34f9d7e385ffeee9ea8c58

Perhaps the train drivers should figure out what they're going to do before trying to stuff around the public.

I hope we have our Club Champion dinner on Wednesday the 5th of October.

Never been to one before but I would make space in my diary on that Wednesday to attend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we have our Club Champion dinner on Wednesday the 5th of October.

Never been to one before but I would make space in my diary on that Wednesday to attend.

Snap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back