Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there actually a physical trophy cabinet at West Lakes where the 1997 and 1998 premiership cups are on display? Also, what happened to the two premiership flags we won? I could not find even one photo of them and the Crows Collection section on the club website doesn't have them. Were they lost, stolen, or wore out and were thrown away?

I think these four objects are the four most important physical artifacts to our club's identity. To me, it seems the AFC has been pretending they don't exist for the last twenty years. Perhaps if they were more publicised, they would be more likely to be stolen, or be more expensive to insure - it's not as though the Crows Shed/New Crows Shed is Fort Knox.

Is there actually a physical trophy cabinet at West Lakes where the 1997 and 1998 premiership cups are on display? Also, what happened to the two premiership flags we won? I could not find even one photo of them and the Crows Collection section on the club website doesn't have them. Were they lost, stolen, or wore out and were thrown away?

I think these four objects are the four most important physical artifacts to our club's identity. To me, it seems the AFC has been pretending they don't exist for the last twenty years. Perhaps if they were more publicised, they would be more likely to be stolen, or be more expensive to insure - it's not as though the Crows Shed/New Crows Shed is Fort Knox.

When you walk into the main reception area, there is the cabinet on the side with the cups and the flags right there as soon as you walk in the doors. They most definintely have not been ignored. In order to go to the Shed using the lifts there the flags and cups were to be looked at while you waited.

When you walk into the main reception area, there is the cabinet on the side with the cups and the flags right there as soon as you walk in the doors. They most definintely have not been ignored. In order to go to the Shed using the lifts there the flags and cups were to be looked at while you waited.
Thanks for clearing that up NikkiNoo. My mistake. I may be a mad Crows fan, but I've never had any reason to actually walk through the front door of the club :p

Have they kept adding to the names of the wall of every player to play a game.

Have not been there since our last game at Footy Park.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing that up NikkiNoo. My mistake. I may be a mad Crows fan, but I've never had any reason to actually walk through the front door of the club :p
This is probably the one thing Port supporters could hold over us. I cant recall ever going in. Its an Admin building to me not a club-house.

Have they kept adding to the names of the wall of every player to play a game.

Have not been there since our last game at Footy Park.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Not sure as I haven't seen that wall for a while, but they do have it replicated on the race at Adelaide Oval from memory when we play home games.

Last time I went to footy park there was a whole room which displayed a lot of memorabilia and the premiership and pre season cups. Off to the side was the replica locker room with the names on the lockers of the 100+ gamers.

I assume that is still there?

It's right next to Crow Mania? Not that hard really.
10 years since I have been in Crowmania. Bought my stuff in the city or now at the Ovals stands. Going to West Lakes from down south has never been on my daily agenda.

If it was a traditional clubhouse with a bar and such I may have chosen to go in. Always seemed to be Admin House. Which is why I want a central location. Not that hard really.

A few things I like about this Fathers Day card from one of my kids ...

(1) they used the better logo
(2) they have accepted Danger will win the Brownlow
(3) they aren't being petty about Danger leaving or wishing anything horrible on him :rolleyes:
(4) they recognise that we will need to win a flag with Tex and Sloane, and didn't jinx us by putting a year on the cup!

fathersday.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things I like about this Fathers Day card from one of my kids ...

(1) they used the better logo
(2) they have accepted Danger will win the Brownlow
(3) they aren't being petty about Danger leaving or wishing anything horrible on him :rolleyes:
(4) they recognise that we will need to win a flag with Tex and Sloane, and didn't jinx us by putting a year on the cup!

View attachment 284699

Probably not the tin lid you want to get on the wrong side of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is pretty interesting -

http://figuringfooty.com/2016/09/06/a-fresh-way-to-think-about-footy-adelaide-v-north/
The Crows look unlike any other team in the comp. They take most of their shots in and around the goal-square. Is this their forwards' doing or a result of a unique tactical game plan? It's hard to say, but very likely the answer is, both.

ShotLoc-Geelong.png

ShotLoc-Adelaide.png

What stands out to me (other than the obvious) is how little we're scoring from outside 50. We probably have more players capable of consistently kicking goals from 55-60 out than any other team. We need to start taking advantage of our ability to score at long range. This would make us much more difficult to set up against.

If I can use texas hold'em as an example.. if you play a flush draw the same way everytime and it's the only time you play like that you become very predictable very quickly and your opponent can react accordingly. If however you decide to play your low pocket pairs the same way you play your flush draws suddenly there is uncertainty around what you've got; so even if you're mathematically against the odds on your pocket pairs the range you're presenting gives you an advantage.

In the same way if we start looking for targets on the 50 meter arc like Tex and Smith, while those shots may have a lower % chance of coming off each time we are still ahead as a total plan because the opposition aren't sure when we are or aren't going to take that option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back