Game Day Crows Fan Grand final Fly-in / Fly-out potentially?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi all,

Since moving to the UK in April 2016, I've always said that if the crows make a Grand Final, I'd fly back for it. So,.. when we starting dominating early this season, I started to look at the finances and get things ready.

7-8 weeks ago,.. I booked my flights. (Booked flexi fare so if things don't pan out, I can change dates for a holiday planned early next year anyways) and booked in the leave for a quick 1 week trip from London to Melbourne. Queue the jetlag. (and mad scramble for a ticket)

For perspective, I'm an EXTREMELY passionate Melbourne born and raised Crows fan,. that jumped on the 'new team' when 5 years old in 1990 (much to the dismay of my parents - theyprobably thought i'd change my mind,.. that never happened)

Unfortunately in 97/98 I couldn't make the finals, was a bit young (13-14) and also already booked on family holidays etc,. so ever since I've been praying for the opportunity to get there and see us lift the cup.

I am pumped. Got the day booked off tomorrow to hopefully watch us beat the Cats,. then it's game on.

Got me thinking,.. Anyone else making the Fly-in Fly-out pilgrimage back to AUS if we make the big dance?

Good luck to you all,. We will need to be at our best to beat the Cats,. but I think we can do it.

GO CROWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back