Game Day 2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was discussing with someone yesterday if he is that much better than Elliot Himmleberg? He plays in a better side with better players around him.

I think despite being not that good, he's much better than Himmelberg as a player. But when you factor in their contracts they're probably about the same

Gee I'm dusty today.... :drunk::confounded:
Tired Wake Up GIF by good-morning

Wasn't Neale's best game either. Quiet in the first half but he did get better in the second. Berry didn't influence the game outside of giving away a crucial 50m penalty. Hipwood was s**t.

I thought Coleman, McCluggage, Bailey, McIerney and Daniher were the best players for Brisbane. Cameron did his job with his three goals but I wouldn't have him in their best.

Was discussing with someone yesterday if he is that much better than Elliot Himmleberg? He plays in a better side with better players around him.
He's way better than Himmelberg. Hipwood has kicked quite a few bags of 5 and 6 goals. Something Himmelberg has never done.
He also did his knee 2 years ago. He hasn't got back to his best since.
The one thing that he does have a habit of doing is missing the easy set shot.

I was curious about that 'full house' sign that came up when they announced the attendance at 100,024 - I didn't believe it could possibly be exactly full. But I looked it up - that's two more than the attendance in 2018, it's the biggest-ever crowd in the current MCG configuration, and according to Wikipedia 100,024 is precisely the capacity of the ground.

View attachment 1818558

Most of those who attended the 2017 granny would be in the Wikipedia photo somewhere - lol.
It was also the exact same crowd at Geelong vs Sydney GF last year. The fact it has been in the 100,020s so much in recent years without ever getting to 100,030 must mean it’s right on its capacity

Now the dust has settled, I still feel Lions never looked desperate enough throughout the entire game except for Charlie's goal when he was rummaging about near the goal square.

I thought the Lions played too cautiously and repetitively turned it over and when they took their chances at goal they often delivered. Colingwood's poor goalkicking almost cost them, for sure they were nervous (they have lost many grand finals by less than a kick) but their defensive game stood up when it mattered. In the last 5 minutes the hunger got them over the line, Sidebottom's goal was just a desperation kick. I knew that was the ballgame, their defensive game was just too good.

When will the investigations into the lack of non-victorian premiers start?
Just on this..there was an investigation after 7 years of Victorian teams not winning one. We have now had 2 "interstate" premiers in 16 years...so no doubt the AFL will follow up soon...

Noone is talking about Cam Rayner. Hugely disappointing game from him imo and one of the reasons Brisbane found it difficult at times to create any drive. His best is great, but jeez he's hot and cold.
He's very much like Jake Stringer. He can blow a game apart in a matter of minutes like we saw against Port a few weeks ago, but he just doesn't deliver enough on a consistent basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood rank as the 2 worst side to win a GF in the AFL era, behind the WB. Yet again the AFL trot out pure garbage umpiring and no doubt clap each other about a perceived success but really, poor umpiring gifted Collingwood a GF birth they never should have had.
Yeah nah.

Supporting a friend is all good. At least he wasn’t in a Collingwood jumper, like Robbie Fox from Sydney…

Tony Shaw and Mark Robinson both defending Frampton’s game on Twitter, says that he restricted Andrews… who had the most intercept possessions on the ground (9) and nearly had the match winning intercept where Frampton was 10 metres behind him! Wtf is this campaign to justify Frampton’s game? Even most Collingwood supporters agree he was below average

Tony Shaw and Mark Robinson both defending Frampton’s game on Twitter, says that he restricted Andrews… who had the most intercept possessions on the ground (9) and nearly had the match winning intercept where Frampton was 10 metres behind him! Wtf is this campaign to justify Frampton’s game? Even most Collingwood supporters agree he was below average
That's just a typical Frampton game... missed an easy mark right in front of goal too... very typical Frampton...

Thought the pies got the better of the umpires and quite a few Brisbane players were really s**t...pies lucky to get away with it especially kicking badly

and if they lost, would have unloaded with both barrells

Collingwood lose the prelim last year and decide they need a ball winning mid, a goal scoring small forward and a big forward.

So they go out and recruit Mitchell, Hill and McStay. Just like that. Plus they get the Daicos brothers.

Hard to compete.

Got no issue with that, if Collingwood don't.

May even inspire him to be a better player and want that Premiership for himself.

With us.......

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mmm nah.. you've got a crows player in the rooms, celebrating a Collingwood premiership with his mate who had 1 kick. Makes me ill. Support your mate behind closed doors.

Back